2015 Warmest Year on Record

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So long as they keep manually tweaking the raw temperatures higher, we’re going to keep breaking temperature records.

Sir!!! How dare you disparage NOAA for tampering with temp data or citing tampered temp data from other sources. How dare you!! There has never been any evidence of this!!!......oh wait.....disregard.

Animal02

Banned
https://climatechangedispatch.com/aoc-climate-group-boycott-skeptics/
The Climate Mobilization, a group pushing for a World War II-scale national mobilization to fight global warming, condemned the media for pursuing “objectivity” by giving air time to “climate deniers.”

In January 2017, Judith Curry, former chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at Georgia Tech, resigned, calling out the alarmist ideology that increasingly dominates her field.

“I no longer know what to say to students and postdocs regarding how to navigate the CRAZINESS in the field of climate science,” Curry wrote.

“Research and other professional activities are professionally rewarded only if they are channeled in certain directions approved by a politicized academic establishment — funding, ease of getting your papers published, getting hired in prestigious positions, appointments to prestigious committees and boards, professional recognition, etc.”

“How young scientists are to navigate all this is beyond me, and it often becomes a battle of scientific integrity versus career suicide (I have worked through these issues with a number of skeptical young scientists),” Curry wondered.

In other words, climate science is becoming an ideological echo chamber that rewards alarmism and silences dissenting voices, even when the dissenters are good scientists like Curry.

The fact that the 224 “climate deniers” — whom the Nature Communications paper and the Newsweek article suggest are not scientists — still have papers published in peer-reviewed journals should awaken readers to the bias in the study and the article reporting it.

The study also parroted the blatantly false claim that there is a scientific consensus on the issue — citing the Cook study from 2013. The Cook study notoriously misrepresented the scientific literature to claim a 97 percent consensus, and activists continue to cite it as if it were gospel truth.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Well....when you can’t win arguments with facts, untampered data, and logic based reasoning.....you can always just attempt to silence them. “Propaganda made easy.”

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Yes, but the left cannot attack Elton John, because as a gay male he ranks high in the victim rankings. Had he been any old white male, well then, he'd be accused of being a horrid person for these comments....

Oh the left will turn on him if the right situation occurs. Being gay is only a thin blanket of insulation for a white male of privilege. Just look at Al Franken. :D

Deleted member 2897

We're just coming out of the single longest stretch in recorded history of no Category 3, 4, or 5 hurricanes hitting the US mainland - over a decade without a single one.

Florida went 12 years. Texas went 18 years. South Carolina is sitting on 30 years and counting (we haven't even had a Category 2 in 30 years). North Carolina is sitting on 23 years and counting. Virginia has never had a single Category 3 or higher hit them. Its been 75 years since they even got a Category 2. Mississippi is sitting on 14 years and counting since a Category 3 or higher. Alabama is 15 years and counting. Louisiana is 14 years and counting. Georgia hasn't been hit by a Category 3 in 121 years.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We're just coming out of the single longest stretch in recorded history of no Category 3, 4, or 5 hurricanes hitting the US mainland - over a decade without a single one.

Florida went 12 years. Texas went 18 years. South Carolina is sitting on 30 years and counting (we haven't even had a Category 2 in 30 years). North Carolina is sitting on 23 years and counting. Virginia has never had a single Category 3 or higher hit them. Its been 75 years since they even got a Category 2. Mississippi is sitting on 14 years and counting since a Category 3 or higher. Alabama is 15 years and counting. Louisiana is 14 years and counting. Georgia hasn't been hit by a Category 3 in 121 years.

But we are overdue for some of these. And when it comes....”global warming”

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/federal-...ermostat-set-at-78-degrees-82-while-you-sleep

Energy star. What a brilliant government initiative. Recommends keeping thermostats set no lower than 78 degrees in the summer. For efficiency and environmental concerns.

You know what’s even more efficient regarding energy use in the summer. Not using AC at all. Why can’t they see the genius of this???

I want the bozos behind this to spend a summer in South Georgia with no option to deviate from their recommendations. And I really don’t want to know how much of my tax money went into this nonsense.

Animal02

Banned
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/federal-...ermostat-set-at-78-degrees-82-while-you-sleep

Energy star. What a brilliant government initiative. Recommends keeping thermostats set no lower than 78 degrees in the summer. For efficiency and environmental concerns.

You know what’s even more efficient regarding energy use in the summer. Not using AC at all. Why can’t they see the genius of this???

I want the bozos behind this to spend a summer in South Georgia with no option to deviate from their recommendations. And I really don’t want to know how much of my tax money went into this nonsense.
78 is fine if there is low humidity is fine. Not when the humidity soars.

Animal02

Banned