2015 Warmest Year on Record

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

UN predicts catastrophe if global warming isn’t reversed in the next 10 years, entire countries could be flooded, millions could die. 30 years ago...these were the warnings. 30 years later the message is the same and sheeple keep believing.....smh

LibertyTurns

Banned
LOLOL, they say right there the New Deal ended the Great Depression, when in fact it’s what greatly prolonged it LOLOLOL. Idiots. Who is teaching these kids Fake revisionist history?
It’s part of the grand strategy. You keep them uneducated, you keep them dependent, you control their rights and you provide for them what you tell them they need. Nanny state.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Just returned from a vacation which included the Great Barrier Reef. I was fascinated to learn that the Pacific Ocean water levels have varied by over 300 feet over the last 4,000 years. I had NO idea there was this much variation in ocean water levels "normally" (without man made global warming). Tell me again why rich countries should pay poor countries for rising sea levels?

Deleted member 2897

Just returned from a vacation which included the Great Barrier Reef. I was fascinated to learn that the Pacific Ocean water levels have varied by over 300 feet over the last 4,000 years. I had NO idea there was this much variation in ocean water levels "normally" (without man made global warming). Tell me again why rich countries should pay poor countries for rising sea levels?

I live on the southeast coast. When I tell people the coast is SINKING several inches per century, they are shocked nobody ever talks about that. But it’s pretty hard to guilt people into forking a bunch of money over for something they know is not their fault.

Deleted member 2897

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...rest-glacier-dead-bodies-scli-intl/index.html

So melting ice....is uncovering dead bodies on the mountain “proving” global warming yet again. Because climbers between 1920-1970s were covered up by snow/ice.......ice is back to 1920 levels apparently. How alarming...,

Its Fake News obviously. Its wind and the elements that uncover dead bodies. Up on the mountain where the climbers have died, it doesn't ever get warm. Like as in, never. Base camp (10,000 feet below the summit) temperatures average around freezing even in the summer. Up past camp 3 and 4 where the climbers have died and were left (not enough oxygen for another climber to bring them down), its typically flat out ridiculous weather. For example, the high temperature at camp 3 this week is barely 0F.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Its Fake News obviously. Its wind and the elements that uncover dead bodies. Up on the mountain where the climbers have died, it doesn't ever get warm. Like as in, never. Base camp (10,000 feet below the summit) temperatures average around freezing even in the summer. Up past camp 3 and 4 where the climbers have died and were left (not enough oxygen for another climber to bring them down), its typically flat out ridiculous weather. For example, the high temperature at camp 3 this week is barely 0F.

Sometimes I just can’t resist linking a CNN article so display their rampant propaganda and ignorance of facts.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Other than flawed and manipulated temperature data.....can anyone name a single dire warning over the last 40 years from alarmists that has actually occurred?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Other than flawed and manipulated temperature data.....can anyone name a single dire warning over the last 40 years from alarmists that has actually occurred?

Not a single one. I grew up on the coast and any sea level rise is imperceptible by my eyes. I also remember reading articles in my youth that indicated that the pH of rain would be near sulfuric acid levels by now if sulfur dioxide emissions didn’t stop. I’m not terrified of rain so I think this prediction was false.

I truly believe we should all strive to be good stewards of the earth so the next generation will prosper. I have no doubt that actions we take/not take can have a long term negative impact on the planet. Do I believe that the planet is doomed in 12 years if we don’t stop cow flatulence? Absolutely not. The number of bad predictions manufactured by “ready, fire, aim” science has turned me into a cynic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Not a single one. I grew up on the coast and any sea level rise is imperceptible by my eyes. I also remember reading articles in my youth that indicated that the pH of rain would be near sulfuric acid levels by now if sulfur dioxide emissions didn’t stop. I’m not terrified of rain so I think this prediction was false.

I truly believe we should all strive to be good stewards of the earth so the next generation will prosper. I have no doubt that actions we take/not take can have a long term negative impact on the planet. Do I believe that the planet is doomed in 12 years if we don’t stop cow flatulence? Absolutely not. The number of bad predictions manufactured by “ready, fire, aim” science has turned me into a cynic.

I believe in good stewardship too. Are you ever surprised to see liberal bumper stickers on cars that have drivers tossing cigarette butts and other garbage out the windows?

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I believe in good stewardship too. Are you ever surprised to see liberal bumper stickers on cars that have drivers tossing cigarette butts and other garbage out the windows?

Are you ever surprised to hear a lib tell everyone they need to minimize their carbon footprint and then jump on a private jet to talk to their next group of disciples? Ever heard of Skype?

Deleted member 2897

I live on the southeast coast. It is settled science that we are sinking 3.5 inches per decade. Sea level rise is about 1 inch per decade. So the sinking is 80% of the problem - ever hear about it in the news? Of course not.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sinking-atlantic-coastline-meets-rapidly-rising-seas/

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I live on the southeast coast. It is settled science that we are sinking 3.5 inches per decade. Sea level rise is about 1 inch per decade. So the sinking is 80% of the problem - ever hear about it in the news? Of course not.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sinking-atlantic-coastline-meets-rapidly-rising-seas/

This is interesting and I’ll have to do some more reading on the subject. It’s been many years since I took groundwater hydrology and environmental geology but some of this seems a little strange. If the sinking is due to groundwater pumping, it seems that brackish water would be entering into the freshwater wells. Maybe it is and they didn’t mention it but that would definitely be a major problem worth mentioning. I wonder if any of the “sinking” could be attributed to the actual removal of sediment that happens in a natural process called longshore drift. Anyway, like I said, I’m a cynic.

Deleted member 2897

This is interesting and I’ll have to do some more reading on the subject. It’s been many years since I took groundwater hydrology and environmental geology but some of this seems a little strange. If the sinking is due to groundwater pumping, it seems that brackish water would be entering into the freshwater wells. Maybe it is and they didn’t mention it but that would definitely be a major problem worth mentioning. I wonder if any of the “sinking” could be attributed to the actual removal of sediment that happens in a natural process called longshore drift. Anyway, like I said, I’m a cynic.

In the article, the vast majority of the sinking (if I'm reading it correctly) is from the leftover lever effect of the old ice ages. The ice that pushed the northeast down is gone and its rising back up. That in turn is pushing the southeast back down. The sinking due to removal of water from the acquifers (I believe) is less known but believed to be a minor contributor. I know our local water department here monitors how much water they remove and the pressures in the acquifers and don't let it get past a certain point. The water they pull from is (I think) tens of thousands of years old and is way down there...so any water that seeps into it is extremely pure. I'm going from memory here, but I don't think contamination is a concern. For example, I remember being at forums where people expressed concerns about the quality of the water in acquifers and its potential to be contaminated and they stated it was a non-issue because it was like 20,000 years old. So I guess in 19,800 years someone will have to worry about it. :D

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
In the article, the vast majority of the sinking (if I'm reading it correctly) is from the leftover lever effect of the old ice ages. The ice that pushed the northeast down is gone and its rising back up. That in turn is pushing the southeast back down. The sinking due to removal of water from the acquifers (I believe) is less known but believed to be a minor contributor. I know our local water department here monitors how much water they remove and the pressures in the acquifers and don't let it get past a certain point. The water they pull from is (I think) tens of thousands of years old and is way down there...so any water that seeps into it is extremely pure. I'm going from memory here, but I don't think contamination is a concern. For example, I remember being at forums where people expressed concerns about the quality of the water in acquifers and its potential to be contaminated and they stated it was a non-issue because it was like 20,000 years old. So I guess in 19,800 years someone will have to worry about it. :D

Speaking of a near future threat to the US, do a little research on the Ogallala aquifer.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

Good stewardship is alone the most effective way to combat this liberal BS. If Cons would simply capture the logic of being anti pollution. Reducing emissions, stopping water pollution and preventing the wholesale stripping of our woods- for shopping centers and QT's would be a good strategy against the liberal exaggerations. Freedom is great and Capitalism is wonderful but 600 houses on 3 acres is a little overboard.