2015 Warmest Year on Record

Deleted member 2897

There is zero doubt global warming is for real.

The way you would define it (that temperatures are hockey sticking up and humans are largely responsible for it) it is not only in dispute, its also fake. The only way one would think like you is to ignore all the contradictory evidence that's been posted on this thread.

For example, here is the 10,000 year earth temperature data via ice cores:
easterbrook_fig5.png

Not only is the earth not abnormally warm, even the steepness of the recent trend is not unusual compared to dozens of previous trends.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The way you would define it (that temperatures are hockey sticking up and humans are largely responsible for it) it is not only in dispute, its also fake. The only way one would think like you is to ignore all the contradictory evidence that's been posted on this thread.

For example, here is the 10,000 year earth temperature data via ice cores:
easterbrook_fig5.png

Not only is the earth not abnormally warm, even the steepness of the recent trend is not unusual compared to dozens of previous trends.

The climate has always been changing and there is much data to back this up. Because of this, I don’t think I’ve read anything that proves to me that the recent increase in temperatures is manmade...or is not manmade for that matter.

If the earth really is 4.5 billion years old, it seems silly to me to use 100 years of recorded weather data to forecast anything. This is equivalent to using the results of GT’s last play against Minnesota to predict what will happen in the 2019 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

And it’s not a bad thing. The Earth isn’t about to melt. There is zero chance of a runaway greenhouse effect occurring. Warmer temps mean less deaths due to cold weather. Warner temps gather longer growing seasons for agriculture and less starvation around the globe. Let things warm and be glad. :D

Deleted member 2897

Our local weather station gives money to charity every day that they are within 6 degrees of their temperature prediction from the day before (+/- 3 degrees). They consistently miss a third of the time. THE DAY BEFORE. WITHIN 6 DEGREES.

Humans are polluting and destroying the planet. It does affect the climate. It’s too bad so few people are honest about using actual science and not alarmism to drive political agendas. But there’s a lot of money to be made on the government gravy train of endless research and corporate cronyism.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I think most folks would agree with that. However, there is considerable room for debate about:
  1. the speed of the warming since much of the historical data has been doctored or was unreliable
  2. the hubris of progressive elites in thinking that we can somehow change or control the climate by spending billions and billions of dollars of other people's money...a TOTALLY unproven theory
Many of Al Gore's claims in Inconvenient Truth have already fallen flat on their face.

My guess is that everyone is for responsible environmental management. Where opinions collide is when there are expensive over-the-top solutions being proposed when it is completely unclear if they will work or to what degree they will work.

It may be far, far cheaper to have mankind simply react to climate change as it actually occurs. If sea levels do indeed rise and a few islands are no longer habitable....move. That is a lot cheaper than trying to build sea walls which will likely fail anyway. Ocean levels have risen and fallen over eons already, and they will continue to do so no matter what mankind does.

To me, the biggest cause of climate change is over-population. And NO ONE is willing to take on that topic.

Deleted member 2897

The southeast coast is sinking inches per decade - look it up. Nothing we can do will stop us from flooding from sinking. The IPPC folks say if we do everything they want, the earth will cool about 0.2 degrees. No thanks. I think I’ll listen to the scientists’ consensus outcomes.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Listening to Big Climate on AGW is like listening to Big Tobacco on cancer. It could be true, but you may want to look at the data.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Tell that to the Dutch...;)
I live in south Louisiana....we have flooded periodically over time, but never as badly as when the US Corps of Engineers got involved. Their work funneled the storm surge of Katrina directly into the city in a much more intense way, guaranteeing catastrophic flooding. Good job Government!!

So don't give me that garbage....the Dutch can take care of themsleves.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think most folks would agree with that. However, there is considerable room for debate about:
  1. the speed of the warming since much of the historical data has been doctored or was unreliable
  2. the hubris of progressive elites in thinking that we can somehow change or control the climate by spending billions and billions of dollars of other people's money...a TOTALLY unproven theory
Many of Al Gore's claims in Inconvenient Truth have already fallen flat on their face.

My guess is that everyone is for responsible environmental management. Where opinions collide is when there are expensive over-the-top solutions being proposed when it is completely unclear if they will work or to what degree they will work.

It may be far, far cheaper to have mankind simply react to climate change as it actually occurs. If sea levels do indeed rise and a few islands are no longer habitable....move. That is a lot cheaper than trying to build sea walls which will likely fail anyway. Ocean levels have risen and fallen over eons already, and they will continue to do so no matter what mankind does.

To me, the biggest cause of climate change is over-population. And NO ONE is willing to take on that topic.

Well....Planned Parenthood is.....

Deleted member 2897

So now AOC is saying the document everyone is laughing at (Green New Deal) is a Fake, planted by Republicans. LOL. They apparently made a revised one, that takes some of the more stupid things out.

The unfortunate thing for these clowns is that a bunch of people downloaded and saved the original documents, so they still all have them to reference. How could anybody not see that was going to happen? Furthermore, the PDF author details inside list her Chief of Staff as the author on everyone’s copy.

Hilarious.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid."

John Wayne
The Sands of Iwo Jima

LOL! I think my dad paraphrased John Wayne and I never knew it. Every time I did something that wasn’t very bright and I didn’t like the outcome he would say, “If you’re gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.”

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
So now AOC is saying the document everyone is laughing at (Green New Deal) is a Fake, planted by Republicans. LOL. They apparently made a revised one, that takes some of the more stupid things out.

The unfortunate thing for these clowns is that a bunch of people downloaded and saved the original documents, so they still all have them to reference. How could anybody not see that was going to happen? Furthermore, the PDF author details inside list her Chief of Staff as the author on everyone’s copy.

Hilarious.

I’d love to see AOC fly into Dallas and tell all of those ranchers that she wants to take their cows away. Oh yeah, and there would be no need to drill for oil anymore either. They’d love that.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Hilarious.

No no no no no no no!!!

They were hacked by the Russians at the direction of Trump utilizing Wikileaks to plant their...I mean “that” stupidity on them.

I’m just surprised they haven’t said so themselves yet.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
But they’d have to take an imaginary bullet train since airplanes and cars will be outlawed.
From Moscow, Russia too Washington DC in 2 hours! Until they find out that the Sonic waves generated kill the whales as the train travels through the ocean...

LibertyTurns

Banned

Hilarious.
She retracted that already because she was about to be lambasted by multiple sides. Said it was a draft that was inadvertently released. Not a rookie mistake. but one a kindergartner might make. Thankfully she’s in good company.