2015 opponents players that have turned pro

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
No scout questions Winston's on the field ability. That dude has an NFL skillset and NFL level understanding of the passing game.

They all question his off the field decision making, and that's why he's no longer a sure fire #1 pick. If Winston had Mariotta's off the field judgement, there would be no debate on who's going #1 in the draft. He's still going to get drafted in the first round though.

As I mentioned in another thread, there's talk that FSU has "encouraged" him to pursue the NFL.
I question his on the field decision making, as well. He had so many bone headed plays this year. I don't think that he makes it in the NFL, but that is just my opinion.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Not a fan of either Winston or Mariotta's NFL potential. Both miss routine throws over the middle every now and then that you can't miss in the NFL. Mariotta has the legs and smarts to maybe make up for it and could possibly thrive in the right system though. Neither of these guys are going to be Andrew Luck though.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Not a fan of either Winston or Mariotta's NFL potential. Both miss routine throws over the middle every now and then that you can't miss in the NFL. Mariotta has the legs and smarts to maybe make up for it and could possibly thrive in the right system though. Neither of these guys are going to be Andrew Luck though.

I think Mariotta is overated. Plays in a great system...as Chip Kelly has shown in the NFL making Mark Sanchez and Nick Foles pretty decent QBs compared to their past. What QB hasn't put up great numbers in that system? If Mariotta can play for Chip Kelly, worth every bit of the first pick...unfortunately, that's not how it works in the NFL. NFL coaches, outside of Jim Harbaugh/Pete Carroll/Chip Kelly, have proven they are unwilling to adapt their system to the QBs strengths...hence the premium on guys like Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady. Guys who are rare. Mariotta is going to get ruined like RG3 was.

I think Winston will be a fairly good QB. Not in Andrew Luck's level (he's a once in a generation talent), but somewhere in the second tier of QBs. He makes some amazing throws, and just has a natural feel for the QB position...scouts widely agree on this. His problem is whether franchise teams can trust him once he leaves the football complex.

I think Winston will end having the better NFL career of the two.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I think Mariotta is overated. Plays in a great system...as Chip Kelly has shown in the NFL making Mark Sanchez and Nick Foles pretty decent QBs compared to their past. What QB hasn't put up great numbers in that system? If Mariotta can play for Chip Kelly, worth every bit of the first pick...unfortunately, that's not how it works in the NFL. NFL coaches, outside of Jim Harbaugh/Pete Carroll/Chip Kelly, have proven they are unwilling to adapt their system to the QBs strengths...hence the premium on guys like Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady. Guys who are rare. Mariotta is going to get ruined like RG3 was.

I think Winston will be a fairly good QB. Not in Andrew Luck's level (he's a once in a generation talent), but somewhere in the second tier of QBs. He makes some amazing throws, and just has a natural feel for the QB position...scouts widely agree on this. His problem is whether franchise teams can trust him once he leaves the football complex.

I think Winston will end having the better NFL career of the two.
Winston reminds me of Jason Campbell.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
The top two draft gurus said that Winston should be the best QB since Luck. Off the field issues would be the only reason he may not go #1.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I actually think he will be a good pro if he can get his head on straight and keep it there

In that case, I'd like to think I would make a good pro if I were bigger, stronger, faster, and about 30 years younger. I'm not a GM, but I wouldn't waste a draft pick on either myself or Winston (or anyone else where their qualifications include the word "if").

Last edited:

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
In that case, I'd like to think I would make a good pro if I were bigger, stronger, faster, and about 30 years younger. I'm not a GM, but I wouldn't waste a draft pick on either myself or Winston (or anyone else where their qualifications include the word "if").

i wouldn't draft him either personally just because of his character issues, but his on on the field play has proven that he has all the tools needed to be a nfl qb.....unlike yourself lol. Its probably unlikely that he will change but there have been trouble guys incollege who have gotten straightened out and been good pro's

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
JW is the exact opposite of what we have going here at GT. "Me first" vs. "team first", I'll take team first every time!

Football wise, Jameis done to indicate he is a me first guy? Everything I have seen has been him rallying his team and putting his team on his back every week. You don't see Jameis throwing up the money sign or talking trash to opponents.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Forget everything that Jameis has done off the field, he is a team first guy. With that said he does not have the arm talent to make it in the NFL.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Forget everything that Jameis has done off the field, he is a team first guy. With that said he does not have the arm talent to make it in the NFL.
Why forget the off the the field crap? All that stuff puts FSU in a very bad light and is a distraction to his teammates. He never learned that when you are a part of something bigger than you, especially when you are the face of the organization, everything you do and say reflects on that organization. Maybe he just thinks he's bigger than FSU? His arguing on the sideline with his coach counts as on-the-field me first bull crap in my book.