2014 Players to Watch

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
It would be great if Snoddy could become our breakout player. I don't think he's gotten his chance to shine yet. However, him focusing on track in the Spring and not doing anything football related (outside of conditioning) could stunt his growth.
Snoddy had a few good runs in limited action. He definetly showed that he has potential. I think he was slowed some with some kind of injury as well that kept him from getting more PT than originally thought.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
O: C. Griffin, JT, Custis

D: F.Kallon, I.Johnson, D.J. White

I hate the argument of the Bback needing to learn how to block. Its not rocket science at the Bback position. We don't throw it enough to have such a talented runner sitting on the sidelines due to not blocking as well as Laskey. I was a huge Laskey fan, but mostly due to being a Sims hater. We need a playmaker at Bback to be successful on O. JT is the other wildcard here. If he can hold up to the beatings he will take I have no doubt we will look much better next year. Defense HAS to at least be as good as last year IMO. Losing J.A. and J.T. is gonna hurt big time unless some of the younger guys can step up and make plays. Huge unknowns going into the spring. We have to play with hope and intensity this year, I think JT will be the leader we were lacking on the field and inspire greater effort from his teammates
I guess I am from the opposite camp. I want EVERY PLAYER on the offensive side of the ball to be a very effective blocker. If they can't, or won't block, I don't even want them on the field. Heck, if the QB pitches to the WR on a reverse, I want HIM hitting somebody. Everybody blocks. It is a prerequisite. Sorry to disagree.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
[quoI'm ="Boomergump, post: 28997, member: 639"]I guess I am from the opposite camp. I want EVERY PLAYER on the offensive side of the ball to be a very effective blocker. If they can't, or won't block, I don't even want them on the field. Heck, if the QB pitches to the WR on a reverse, I want HIM hitting somebody. Everybody blocks. It is a prerequisite. Sorry to disagree.[/quote]
Hey im not talking bout the other positions... just Bback. How often are they blocking on run plays? Mostly never. We pass 12 times a game at the most. Not gonna have a playmaker on the bench at that position if his blocking isn't as good as another's. I didn't think Sims blocking was much better than Laskeys and Laskey was clearly a better runner.