2/11 - dook @ GT

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It's not perplexing at all considering the new transfer rules allow him to basically redshirt half the season to maintain some eligibility at his next stop.

At this point, all he can do is be a good citizen which it appears he is indeed doing.

Both sides seem to be making the best of the situation pending his eventual departure.
What is perplexing is the "new transfer rules" have not been approved. They have been recommended by the Transfer Working Group only. The NCAA has not approved them. Further, I do not think a date has been set for when they would take effect, if approved.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
What is perplexing is the "new transfer rules" have not been approved. They have been recommended by the Transfer Working Group only. The NCAA has not approved them. Further, I do not think a date has been set for when they would take effect, if approved.

I'm not referring to the "new", new transfer rules. What I'm referring to has been in place for a while now.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm not referring to the "new", new transfer rules. What I'm referring to has been in place for a while now.
The NCAA website does not include any language other than transfers have to sit out an entire academic year at the new institution. I posted the rule from the NCAA website above in this thread. Maybe they are slow to update the website, but I cannot find any reference to this "new" rule. Help me out. Can you post a link?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The NCAA website does not include any language other than transfers have to sit out an entire academic year at the new institution. I posted the rule from the NCAA website above in this thread. Maybe they are slow to update the website, but I cannot find any reference to this "new" rule. Help me out. Can you post a link?

Just so you know, you just made the 'list' for making me do work.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2017-18_Transfer_Guide_4_Year_20170721.pdf

I suspect the blurb on page 16 about when baseball/basketball students enroll has something to do with it? What he's doing (or what I suspect he's doing) isn't new though I can't specifically name players who've done it.

I'm not doing any more digging than that. You don't own me, oriental!