1984 Victory over UGA in Athens

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
One other thing that sticks out about this game -- we had more talent. How often can you say that about a Tech - Georgia game? We had memorable players on both sides of the ball. I only heard the names of a few UGA guys who were high impact. I have no recollection at all of their quarterback.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
And yet, they do...day in and day out. Thank goodness the teams don't listen to such nonsense.

I do agree it is great to hear Al and TYLH. Soundtrack of my youth.
I don't think you're being entirely honest with yourself re: competing, so we will just have to disagree on this one.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
Fine to agree to disagree...but what is your definition of compete? At least two of the teams you mentioned we have a winning record against the last 10 years.
Solicitor, looking back over the Johnson era 08-15 his regular season record is 62 & 44 .585%. Withthe teams Ipointed out: Clemson/ugag/Miami/NC/VT/Virginia, Johnson's regular season record is 19 & 28. No bowl games are included in these figures. As PJ would say, "it is what it is".

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Which raises the question....what is your definition of "not competitive"?

Granted, this last season of 3-9 sucked, but were you saying we werent competitive at 11-3 the year before?

I have seen "not competitive" and in my opinion this aint it.

Now if you are thinking prospectively and saying we cant compete in the coming years, I have nothing for you other than a ouija board and tea leaves.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Solicitor, looking back over the Johnson era 08-15 his regular season record is 62 & 44 .585%. Withthe teams Ipointed out: Clemson/ugag/Miami/NC/VT/Virginia, Johnson's regular season record is 19 & 28. No bowl games are included in these figures. As PJ would say, "it is what it is".

What were Mia/unc/vpi/uva records against each other and us during those years?

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Which raises the question....what is your definition of "not competitive"?

Granted, this last season of 3-9 sucked, but were you saying we werent competitive at 11-3 the year before?

I have seen "not competitive" and in my opinion this aint it.

Now if you are thinking prospectively and saying we cant compete in the coming years, I have nothing for you other than a ouija board and tea leaves.
To add, in my opinion, the term "competitive" means more how the games are won and lost not the exact outcome. When you are blown out of games, you are not competitive. When the games go back and forth and you have as good a chance as the opposition to win in the 4th qtr, it's competitive.

By that measure, we have certainly been competitive with the teams on that list.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
To add, in my opinion, the term "competitive" means more how the games are won and lost not the exact outcome. When you are blown out of games, you are not competitive. When the games go back and forth and you have as good a chance as the opposition to win in the 4th qtr, it's competitive.

By that measure, we have certainly been competitive with the teams on that list.

Amen

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

We were competitive in 2015, as bad as it was record-wise. We just had a knack for ending up on the short end. While I agree that we were worse in almost every sense on offense, we were still competitive enough, even with injuries to have been a bowl team. We just didn't get it done.