How many games will GT win @VT?

Votes: 12 28.6%

Votes: 11 26.2%

Votes: 15 35.7%

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Paused my audiobook during a road trip to listen to the game. Wish I hadn’t. I don’t mind being beaten in one phase of a game, but getting beaten in both sucks.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Seems to me that the rebuild of our baseball program may be Batt's biggest challenge as AD so far.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
My mother taught me to remain silent if I have nothing good to say. Danny hall !@$%%:;,*<_=<>([[/÷@@÷!!!!!
So many errors killed Finatieri and other pitchers. Bad throws on DP balls, not charging ball, not throwing to home when we had that guy caught going home on steal attempt, dropped pop up. How did that ground rule double happen on left field line? Like the damn Bad News Bears out there. That one experienced infielder we have needs to be benched if he can't get his head in the game. Just sad.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
So many errors killed Finatieri and other pitchers. Bad throws on DP balls, not charging ball, not throwing to home when we had that guy caught going home on steal attempt, dropped pop up. How did that ground rule double happen on left field line? Like the damn Bad News Bears out there. That one experienced infielder we have needs to be benched if he can't get his head in the game. Just sad.
Very true regarding Aeden. The defense completely let him down. He pitches to contact and trusting his defense.

The rest of the staff though.....ughhh

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
We have a really deep pen available for tomorrow. I suspect Va Tech does as well. This means that both coaches should have quick hooks. Of our top 11 pitchers we've only used 3. We may be holding back McGuire for the Tuesday game against Auburn, but that still leaves us with McKee with a rested King, Brown, Kovala, Thomas, and Barfield behind him.

Last edited:

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Very impressive game today.

So proud of the boys for continuing to fight and be resolute. I admit it that I was completely wrong. Likely not going to change my opinion on the leadership needing new faces but gotta give credit to where credit is due.

Didn't think this series was winnable after Friday night but that's the crazy part about baseball.

Win tomorrow and take the series vs the # 16 team and then the Auburn game and the Uva matchup means something. Just take one series at a time.

As rough as it was at the Friday game, today was an outstanding day on the flats with my son...first at the Spring game and then over to the Rusty C to watch the Joltin J's destroy the chokies...

My son does what he likes to do.... He got under the skin of the Demartini for va tech and even had the 3b shaking his head...I barked out..."letting a 13-year-old get to you, Carson" :)

My son got one of the tech hr chains that everybody complimented, and he got Matthew Ellis to sign it post-game with his #55 and my son's name and underneath it he wrote Grand Slam....My kid absolutely loved it.

One of the many reasons that it is great to be a tech fan is that tech athletes are some of the classiest around... 1st class always

About the game....I actually felt Cam Jones would have a good game cause Va Tech has a lefty heavy lineup but seven scoreless was way above expectations.... Very Impressive. I'm guessing Brett Barfield will be used tomorrow in relief.

Offense...not much more to say when you run rule a conference foe but 19 runs that actually looked easy is way beyond good. I like the lineup that coach put out there today, but I have to say...I'm so very happy for Beccheti to get that hr in pinch hitting duties.

Trey Yunger is a very good leadoff hitter. Ellis is starting to really be the transfer everyone thought he'd be. I said it preseason, and I'll say it now...It's a talented team...We'll see how the rest of the year plays out.

Unfortunately, can't make it tomorrow but likely heading to Auburn on Tuesday.

Go Take the series from the Chokies as my son repeated many times today :)

Last edited: