Votes: 12 28.6%

Votes: 11 26.2%

Votes: 15 35.7%

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Home game for the 6PM, 4PM 1PM games this weekend. Weather good all weekend.

VT is ranked 13th with a 30 RPI, ours is 86 after the Ga Southern win last night. They also won last night, run ruling Liberty at home in 8, 13-3. They did get swept @VT last weekend by Wake, but Wake is very good.

I think we win between 0 and 1. Being down 2 below 500 in the ACC this series is essential if we are going to have a NCAAT chance as we are now getting to the harder stretch of our season. Let's see how the team responds.

No game notes @ https://ramblinwreck.com/2024-baseball-game-notes/ yet.

1712829106986.png

Last edited:

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
The hokies are playing solid baseball. The only really good team they've played was Wake, but otherwise they've beaten teams they should beat. We're probably one of those teams.

But we have a little momentum, and they're coming off getting swept. It is at home, and the right guys are heating up. If Burress hits well, I think we take two.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Total homer prediction(s)

Series GT runs: 29
Series Beamerball runs: 19

Fri 9-7
Sat 8-5
Sun 12-7

Sweep!

LOL, not tic there? Professional stock market pundits know to never give a time and a price prediction. Not only are you 99% likely to be wrong, you are probably 80% likely to be spectacularly wrong.

Here's my guess:
GT 9-6
VT 7-8
VT 3-10

Let's see who is wronger. FWIW, Warren Nolan has us sweeping VT and still only going 10-20 in the ACC.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
LOL, not tic there? Professional stock market pundits know to never give a time and a price prediction. Not only are you 99% likely to be wrong, you are probably 80% likely to be spectacularly wrong.

Here's my guess:
GT 9-6
VT 7-8
VT 3-10

Let's see who is wronger. FWIW, Warren Nolan has us sweeping VT and still only going 10-20 in the ACC.
Obviously not worth much!

I have us winning 2 of 3, but I know better than trying to predict individual games in baseball, even if it is just for fun!

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Every now and again I get the idea that when I retire I'm going to start a website to rate the pundits. Football and basketball, stocks, economic stuff, etc. I think the punditry results would be stunning & the results of ill-informed self-appointed experts like myself would be equal to or better than the experts. I've been listening to business podcasts, reading WSJ articles, etc on the big crash for 7 years now. Crickets, just not happening, they're all wrong almost always.

Techcaster572

Jolly Good Fellow
Losing to Va Tech isn't really a big deal.

Losing by 10 at home is now the program we have become....How can you be the cardiac jackets if your down near double digits for most of the game...

Can't blame the pitching issues on Matt Taylor....there's only one constant over the last 31 years...

I left early for only the third time in the past 5 years. Apathy has completely set in.

Best comparison to Coach Hall is Coach Mike Martin Sr of FSU because of longevity only...the comparison stops there

Martin coached for 40 years
Hall coached for 31 years

Martin- 17 CWS appearances
Hall- 3

Martin- Team NEVER missed tournament
Hall- Likely to miss the tournament 4 out of the last 8 years if they don't make it this year which is HIGHLY likely they miss this year as well

Martin's teams hosted numerous regionals and supers

A good coach makes his team better.....

Mike Martin definitely did that. When has a Hall led team overachieved?
2019 and 2021 teams were LOADED with talent....more regional failures

The pitching on the 2019 team was ridiculously good. Xavion Curry, Brant Hurter, and Connor Thomas. Closer- Tristin English. The offense was even better. Luke Waddell, Kyle Mccann, Tristin English, Michael Guldberg, Baron Radcliffe....

The 2021 offense might have been the best in the country but again....another regional collapse..
Parada
Gonzales
Borden
C Simpson
Compton
Reid
Deleo

Last FSU team to be relevant under Martin-2019 FSU team to the CWS
Last Tech team to be relevant under Hall- 2006

ACC programs that were dormats have passed us by in Va Tech, Duke and Wake.

I'll be there tomorrow because I'm making it a day with my son from the Spring Game and off to see Va Tech sweep us.

This season is toast...question now is what will next year hold if coach is back...
The program is in big time trouble....Wait till the portal opens and see what happens....Mark it down

Last edited: