4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
True, worked out just great for Willie T. He is being paid nearly $18 million dollars by people with more money than they got sense to take his marbles and go home. Good work if you can get it.

I have navigated the land mines that come with a career. Fortunate to say I was never "downsized", "right sized", "afforded the opportuny to pursue other careers" , fired or whatever other euphenism that has cropped up since I "got out" of that profit making racket. While, like most of my fellowGT grads, I always wanted to do my best...I think I could have stomached getting fired with that kind of golden parachute.

slugboy

Staff member
True, worked out just great for Willie T. He is being paid nearly $18 million dollars by people with more money than they got sense to take his marbles and go home. Good work if you can get it.

Taggart is fired now, and messed up a good bit, but here’s one article that lays out a lot of how Fisher screwed up that team: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-fall-and-willie-taggarts-plan-to-rise-again

I wonder how much Miami is in the same boat (but not quite as bad)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Taggart is fired now, and messed up a good bit, but here’s one article that lays out a lot of how Fisher screwed up that team: https://bleacherreport.com/articles...s-fall-and-willie-taggarts-plan-to-rise-again

I wonder how much Miami is in the same boat (but not quite as bad)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A very interesting, behind the scenes, type article. The article was written in June and Coach Taggert seems to be saying and doing the right things but here it is a few months later and he is fired? Doesn't make any sense. Why pay a man all that money if you are not going to give him the time needed to right the ship? The list of quarterback misfires is a cautionary tale about how hard it is to recruit the right player for that position. There must have been something going on at FSU to warrant such a reversal only months after a laudatory article on Willie that seems to place all the blame on Jimbo. Did you notice the less than complimentary remarks by unnamed former assistants? Someone could write a book on the drama at FSU and Miami and call it a..."Tale of Two Programs"

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Deleted member 2897

Someone could write a book on the drama at FSU and Miami and call it a..."Tale of Two Programs"

A secondary title option could be “Crime and Punishment” or “The Divine Comedy” or “Alices Adventures in Wonderland” or “Les Miserables” or “Things Fall Apart” or “The Wasteland” or...the possibilities are endless.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
No, not Les Miserables (the wretched), that is already being acted out at UGA when they lose to either Auburn or Alabama. I don't like Divine Comedy for Miami and FSU because then you have to assign them to a circle of hell and they both deserve to be really close.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I have navigated the land mines that come with a career. Fortunate to say I was never "downsized", "right sized", "afforded the opportuny to pursue other careers" , fired or whatever other euphenism that has cropped up since I "got out" of that profit making racket. While, like most of my fellowGT grads, I always wanted to do my best...I think I could have stomached getting fired with that kind of golden parachute.

could this be why we are bottom dwellers in donations

Tech men never get attrited.
They work and then retire.

Deleted member 2897

could this be why we are bottom dwellers in donations

Tech men never get attrited.
They work and then retire.

LOL. I think it’s because we’re over analyzing smart nerds. What’s the ROI of a GTAA donation? What’s the cost justification?

I remember the 4/04 donation thing where you give $404 and you get a hat and a backpack. Tons of people were like “$404 FOR A HAT?!?!?” No. $404 to the GTAA. And they’ll gift you a hat.

We are often times our own worst enemy and too smart for our own britches.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
LOL. I think it’s because we’re over analyzing smart nerds. What’s the ROI of a GTAA donation? What’s the cost justification?

I remember the 4/04 donation thing where you give $404 and you get a hat and a backpack. Tons of people were like “$404 FOR A HAT?!?!?” No. $404 to the GTAA. And they’ll gift you a hat.

We are often times our own worst enemy and too smart for our own britches.
Smart or cheap?

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
Well, you may be 122 in the country in offense but at least you don’t run the TO anymore, so everything is awesome . . . I guess.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Hell, if I knew I would get $18M to do nothing if I just did my job bad enough, I’d get myself fired on purpose! That’s way too much incentive to fail.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hell, if I knew I would get $18M to do nothing if I just did my job bad enough, I’d get myself fired on purpose! That’s way too much incentive to fail.

If you walk away with $18M, did you really fail? or did you succeed?;) One thing I always knew, if I wasn't successful at what I did I was going to be seeking work real fast and with a sense of urgency that I doubt Coach Taggert feels at the moment. One of the advanatges of getting older I suppose is that lifting of the pressure now that kids are gone, house is payed for, etc. I get to work now because I want to do it and not because I have to.