GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
the number of pounds CGC has gained since starting to eat at Waffle House?

You would be surprised to know...

Thiccc boi

Less thiccc boi

Geoff-Collins-3-e1556572246492-1024x686.jpg

So when I sit back and become rational here is what I take away.
CPJ has retired and with it goes a prolific offense.
Bringing in CGC is an experiment. He has little HC experience and other than Key and CP the staff is very inexperienced
We lost a lot of players from last year that included Oline and Dline.
Like 2015 we have been decimated with injuries.

So where are we?
The defense is better and it shows.
Special teams are better. two blocked punts. Harvin was always a weapon, it is just we never needed him much.
The issue is going to be the Oline. Next year we get 7 freshmen. Not a recipe for success. Maybe the following year we see results.

What to do for this year.....in my opinion as I have stated before, stay with Graham at QB, let him develop, and build on a running game with the option. Next year you can start to morph the offense into what ever it is going to be.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
So when I sit back and become rational here is what I take away.
CPJ has retired and with it goes a prolific offense.
Bringing in CGC is an experiment. He has little HC experience and other than Key and CP the staff is very inexperienced
We lost a lot of players from last year that included Oline and Dline.
Like 2015 we have been decimated with injuries.

So where are we?
The defense is better and it shows.
Special teams are better. two blocked punts. Harvin was always a weapon, it is just we never needed him much.
The issue is going to be the Oline. Next year we get 7 freshmen. Not a recipe for success. Maybe the following year we see results.

What to do for this year.....in my opinion as I have stated before, stay with Graham at QB, let him develop, and build on a running game with the option. Next year you can start to morph the offense into what ever it is going to be.
Special teams is not better. Harvin is the same or slightly better, but we have not returned any kickoffs for TDs this year, and we had a kicker last year who didn't miss XPs or FGs ever but someone or something had to go and screw him all up. King, for his career, is 9-16, including 1-4 last year and 3-6 this year. That is terrible, and mind boggling that he is our starting placekicker and is more than likely going to miss based on the past two years stats.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Special teams is not better. Harvin is the same or slightly better, but we have not returned any kickoffs for TDs this year, and we had a kicker last year who didn't miss XPs or FGs ever but someone or something had to go and screw him all up. King, for his career, is 9-16, including 1-4 last year and 3-6 this year. That is terrible, and mind boggling that he is our starting placekicker and is more than likely going to miss based on the past two years stats.

I dunno what is up with Wells, but seeing people insinuate that somehow the staff messed him up is silly. Not saying you're explicitly saying that, but I've seen it. CGC gave him a scholly when he didn't have to just so he could bench him for no good reason, play mind games with him and waste it? No way. It's either injury or a case of the yips and they probably wouldn't be doing him or the team any favors sending him out there to struggle.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

I could be wrong but I can't remember us giving up any kickoff runbacks for TD's this year. So that's better.
Can't imagine what's up with our placekickers.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I could be wrong but I can't remember us giving up any kickoff runbacks for TD's this year. So that's better.
Can't imagine what's up with our placekickers.

Kickers are a hard bunch to predict. Even Buttkicker had a season where he couldn't seem to hit from the right hash, and we see where he is now.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
So, what is the purpose of such a thread?

We are all aware our offense (as most experts and even our own AD predicted) has really struggled. And that was before all the OL injuries.

Knowing the history of this poster, I am guessing the purpose of this post is to try and get folks to appreciate CPJ/the under center spread option a little more. While this is not a bad thing in and of itself, I think it is both pointless and tiresome in the context of the transition.

First, IMO MOST GT fans already do appreciate CPJ's accomplishments. I know I very much do. Two Orange Bowls are two Orange Bowls. CPJ wasnt perfect but he did have some historically exceptional seasons.

It is really just a few posters who have 0% chance of changing their minds who diss CPJ. So it's pointless and comes across as bitter to try and change their minds. At best it pepetuates divisiveness.

I dont know what is going to happen in the long run with the O. I do know we are bringing in SEVEN OL recruits. You dont bring in 7 OL unless you are rebuilding the OL. And if you dont have a solid OL you wont have a solid O. Thats why I laugh at all these 'we need a new QB' threads. We wont get much better QB play until we have a rebuilt line. That simple. Also laugh at we need a new OC. Or a different system.

Now it may be that we still suck on O after the transition (which again is all about the O line right now). THEN I will listen about changing OC, system, QB, etc.

i cant love your post with a mere click..... kudoos.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Kickers are a hard bunch to predict. Even Buttkicker had a season where he couldn't seem to hit from the right hash, and we see where he is now.

Yeah, that seems to be true. I was impressed by Wells' field goals last year not only for the fact that he got them all through the uprights, but excepting one that grazed the upright they were all right down Peachtree. I thought he must've had his form and technique nailed down. I guess he got the yips or something.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Has he dropped a few pounds since coming to Tech? The stress of dealing with unruly fans and the Atlanta media has ruined his appetite or is he missing the Philadelphia Cheese S teaks that much?

He has mentioned taking up a Keto(?) diet a couple of times. Think it’s with one with lots of proteins and fat. Perfect for waho.

rfripp68

Georgia Tech Fan
I seem to recall him mentioning something about a health scare or his doctor basically told him his body was in really bad shape and he started eating better etc in particular cutting carbs