stech81

Helluva Engineer
Seems like we were averaging something like 18 points a game going into last week's game. We must do better on offense but I have no idea how to go about it. Seems they have tried everything but it does not look like the offense is going to be any more productive here on out. I really feel kind of sorry for defensive coordinators, coaches, and players because it seems like every rule is geared to helping the offenses who already have the best athletes. It is just ridiculous that there are tight ends now who run about as well as wide receivers did a generation ago and wide receivers who approach the size of tight ends a generation ago. When you combine that with quarterbacks who can thread a needle and put a pass where only their guy has a shot at it... No wonder games sometimes seem to approach video game levels. You can no longer win just with defense and sound kicking like back in the day. Poor Chan would be absolutely bamboozled at the current state of affairs.
I got it from here just keep looking and go down

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/points-per-game?date=2019-11-05

Deleted member 2897

Seems like we were averaging something like 18 points a game going into last week's game. We must do better on offense but I have no idea how to go about it. Seems they have tried everything but it does not look like the offense is going to be any more productive here on out. I really feel kind of sorry for defensive coordinators, coaches, and players because it seems like every rule is geared to helping the offenses who already have the best athletes. It is just ridiculous that there are tight ends now who run about as well as wide receivers did a generation ago and wide receivers who approach the size of tight ends a generation ago. When you combine that with quarterbacks who can thread a needle and put a pass where only their guy has a shot at it... No wonder games sometimes seem to approach video game levels. You can no longer win just with defense and sound kicking like back in the day. Poor Chan would be absolutely bamboozled at the current state of affairs.

Our offense is averaging 11 points a game in regulation against FBS teams.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
122 is the number of fumbles stolen by Nesbitt had we fumbled 121 more times in the FSU game
BogusFemaleCutworm-max-1mb.gif

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Our rank of returning production?

Our rank in most experienced roster?

Our rank in seniors on the roster?

122 games missed due to injury this year?

Our rank in # of players in the NFL?

122 other teams have had a player selected since our last player drafted?

IIRC, we were 121 in returning production. Wow, we are underachieving!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Our rank of returning production?

Our rank in most experienced roster?

Our rank in seniors on the roster?

122 games missed due to injury this year?

Our rank in # of players in the NFL?

122 other teams have had a player selected since our last player drafted?

... soooo your saying our team is rank? ;)

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
So, what is the purpose of such a thread?

We are all aware our offense (as most experts and even our own AD predicted) has really struggled. And that was before all the OL injuries.

Knowing the history of this poster, I am guessing the purpose of this post is to try and get folks to appreciate CPJ/the under center spread option a little more. While this is not a bad thing in and of itself, I think it is both pointless and tiresome in the context of the transition.

First, IMO MOST GT fans already do appreciate CPJ's accomplishments. I know I very much do. Two Orange Bowls are two Orange Bowls. CPJ wasnt perfect but he did have some historically exceptional seasons.

It is really just a few posters who have 0% chance of changing their minds who diss CPJ. So it's pointless and comes across as bitter to try and change their minds. At best it pepetuates divisiveness.

I dont know what is going to happen in the long run with the O. I do know we are bringing in SEVEN OL recruits. You dont bring in 7 OL unless you are rebuilding the OL. And if you dont have a solid OL you wont have a solid O. Thats why I laugh at all these 'we need a new QB' threads. We wont get much better QB play until we have a rebuilt line. That simple. Also laugh at we need a new OC. Or a different system.

Now it may be that we still suck on O after the transition (which again is all about the O line right now). THEN I will listen about changing OC, system, QB, etc.