12/5 - MBB vs U(sic)GA

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I really don't know what to expect from this team. They will bring the effort for sure, or they won't play for CDS. It seems he has found the lineup and sub pattern he likes, but I expect an evolution here as healthy players return and others develop to his standards. All that being said, we may see large game to game swings in wins and losses. But overall I could not be more pleased. We now have our MBB coach for the future!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Wheels up to Athens in a few minutes for my lunch break, working the rest of the day from coffee shops, dinner in Athens, then watching a Yellow Jacket win at the Stegesaurus. Let's bring the Thrillerdome energy - hope to see you all there!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I envy your youthful jet setting lifestyle.

And he drops a "hope to see you all there" as the buxom stewardess fluffs his pillow and he reclines his private lounge chair.

How I Met Your Mother Comedy GIF by Laff

I didn't get my invitation to ride on the PJ. Did you, NE?

This coulda been us @AUFC ...

Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
He seems to not have pissed off Studivant or Coleman
It’s even beyond not pissing them off. They’re actively rooting for each other even when benched. If you watch one of the late alley passes from George against Duke, the camera cuts to the bench while all the players are going crazy looking at the dunk. Sturdivant instead immediately turned to George and pointed at him for the pass. I cannot understate how much that moment showed me about the team culture.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
It’s even beyond not pissing them off. They’re actively rooting for each other even when benched. If you watch one of the late alley passes from George against Duke, the camera cuts to the bench while all the players are going crazy looking at the dunk. Sturdivant instead immediately turned to George and pointed at him for the pass. I cannot understate how much that moment showed me about the team culture.
Absolutely. My poorly written comment was intended to mean it would have been easy to just waltz in and give the experienced players crappy or no roles. He’s given them key spots, maybe not starting, but everyone knows they’re critical most importantly the guys on the team. This happens rarely in big changes like we got going. We saw what happened 5 years ago, night and day.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Absolutely. My poorly written comment was intended to mean it would have been easy to just waltz in and give the experienced players crappy or no roles. He’s given them key spots, maybe not starting, but everyone knows they’re critical most importantly the guys on the team. This happens rarely in big changes like we got going. We saw what happened 5 years ago, night and day.
Back to the game tonight. There are 8 of us going to the game from the lake Oconee area (LCYJ).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Are you surprised that we are 4.5 point underdogs tonight?
Not really. I think this will be a tough game. Rivalry game on the road. Us coming off the high of Saturday's win. We're ripe for the pickin'. Hope CDS has been able to keep the team from reading their own press the past few days.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Kenpom's model has the bad guys by 6. Vegas models are similarly constructed. The line is about where it would be expected.

I don't know much about them. With roster turnover what it is now following college hoops is challenging.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We played better with George and Ndongo in the lineup. I think we are a better team with them, but I hope Abram makes the decision to play CDS basketball. Soon. He has too much talent to sit on anyone's bench. With Ndongo playing, Dowuona doesn't need to score, and he adds a lot to rebounding and defense.

Last edited:

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I don't think any of us know yet how GT BB will play from game to game. We have seen a very high high and a very low low a week apart. I have no idea how tonight will turn out. It will be a tough game for sure.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I don't think any of us know yet how GT BB will play from game to game. We have seen a very high high and a very low low a week apart. I have no idea how tonight will turn out. It will be a tough game for sure.
Nait George has played 3 fairly solid games so far. He is totally due a stinker.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
Kenpom's model has the bad guys by 6. Vegas models are similarly constructed. The line is about where it would be expected.

I don't know much about them. With roster turnover what it is now following college hoops is challenging.
They have Blue Cain getting good amount of minutes as freshman and had some good games

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Going to the game tonight - I live in Athens and I'll get my ticket at the Stegman ticket booth before the game. Wondering if there's a specific area where Tech fans will be sitting in the upper level. Here's the seating chart: