12/5 - MBB vs U(sic)GA

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I've always thought of Abram as a scoring/shooting guard first, and a work in progress PG.

My guess is with Nait progressing ahead of schedule at PG, and having a good veteran PG with Sturdivant, the need for Abram at PG has slowed. So now he's fighting for minutes at the shooting guard, but no one on the roster is going to play above Kelly at the 2. There are multiple other guys that can play the two, and with how uneven Abram has been on the offensive and defensive side, he'll have to earn his way back into the rotation.

When asked specifically about Abram, Stoudamire has intimated that Abram needs to work on some things, but the ability is there. Coach speak obviously, but there's no doubt he has the ability to play for us.

devcon

Georgia Tech Fan
Does the GTAA sell away game tickets for basketball or am I forced to give my
money straight to mutts?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Does the GTAA sell away game tickets for basketball or am I forced to give my
money straight to mutts?
They’re actually able to sell tickets to their games? I figured they gave away keychains and pot holders, etc to get some mouthbreathers to show up

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
They’re actually able to sell tickets to their games? I figured they gave away keychains and pot holders, etc to get some mouthbreathers to show up

"Heh, jokes on you, nerd. I don't hold muh pot. I smokes it with muh meth. Hawhawhaw!!" - Hillbilly Dawg fan aka normal dawg fan?

#It'sAlwaysHateWeek

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
You won't get comped away tickets from GTAA without donating 4-5 figures from what I can tell.

That said, you can more or less sit in the GTAA seats (plus with yours truly) for $50-$65 on SeatGeek right now after fees. Checkout Section D.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I've always thought of Abram as a scoring/shooting guard first, and a work in progress PG.

My guess is with Nait progressing ahead of schedule at PG, and having a good veteran PG with Sturdivant, the need for Abram at PG has slowed. So now he's fighting for minutes at the shooting guard, but no one on the roster is going to play above Kelly at the 2. There are multiple other guys that can play the two, and with how uneven Abram has been on the offensive and defensive side, he'll have to earn his way back into the rotation.

When asked specifically about Abram, Stoudamire has intimated that Abram needs to work on some things, but the ability is there. Coach speak obviously, but there's no doubt he has the ability to play for us.
CDS said that Abram needs to learn to pass the sugar. In old white guy language I think that means focus on making assists.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
The thing that confounds me more is that Carter Murphy is getting meaningful minutes. I know Abram has started poorly, but are you really gonna tell me that Murphy should be playing over him?
They don't play the same position so no he is not getting minutes over Abram. Abram's minutes have gone to George. Abram will see some more time but right now would you want to break up the team chemistry we have seen since George began starting?

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
They don't play the same position so no he is not getting minutes over Abram. Abram's minutes have gone to George. Abram will see some more time but right now would you want to break up the team chemistry we have seen since George began starting?
Geez, everyone is taking the one little thing I said about Abram and running with it. The main point of my post was that Carter Murphy should not see the floor unless it's with 2 minutes left and we are up or down 30.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
When’s the last time we had a bonafide option at more than 1 position? Seems like we waved the magic wand and a bunch appeared.

How many guys have gone off for double digits this season?

1. Kelly
2. Coleman
3. Reeves
4. Stoudamire
5. Claude
6. Ndongo
7. George

Guys that are averaging double figures:

1. Kelly (18.8)
2. Reeves (11.3)
3. Ndongo (10.3)
4. Coleman (9.8) *Rounding up

Kyle isn't to far away with 8.5 ppg. Claude is averaging 7.5, while George is at 7.0.

Oh, did I mention Terry, who averaged 10.1 ppg game last season and still hasn't suited up? Then there's Abram, who has the history of getting double figures.

This may be a more potent roster than the NCAAT team that featured Alvarado/Devoe/Usher/Wright. We have guys that will come off the bench that can put double figures on you.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Geez, everyone is taking the one little thing I said about Abram and running with it. The main point of my post was that Carter Murphy should not see the floor unless it's with 2 minutes left and we are up or down 30.
The guy is shooting 40% from three so he hasn't done terrible in the few minutes he has played and they haven't been garbage minutes when he hit those shots either. Plus, unless you are watching what happens at practice how do you know he doesn't work his *** off to get those one or two minutes and CDS is rewarding his effort as an example to the rest of the team. Just saying there may be more behind why he is seeing the court than we know. And I don't remember him hurting us when he has gotten to play.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
The thing that confounds me more is that Carter Murphy is getting meaningful minutes. I know Abram has started poorly, but are you really gonna tell me that Murphy should be playing over him?
We have no clue what CDS has said to Abrams or what he expects from him before he sees the courts again. He has said he will be a contributor for GT. Murphy has a very different skill set. Far more limited but he can shoot the 3 ball.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like the big man rotation to be Ndongo, nC State, and Gapare if they can get him up to speed. All 3 have length we need

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow

Also named coach of the week by ESPN