12/16: GT vs. Penn State at The Garden

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Ok we won.
Game will hopefully motivate some good work over holidays. Turnovers, inbounding, handling pressure, keeping up offensive intensity with a lead etc.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
B1G network losing their minds over the phantom foul call, but the block that immediately proceeded it did not look clean at all. Am I missing something, or is their outrage more butthurt than anything else?

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
Shouldn’t have even been close, but I’ll take it. This team needs to be tougher minded at times, but they toughed it out in overtime, which was encouraging.

Way to go Jackets!

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
1702756326336.gif

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We could use someone to attack the paint from the wing rather than all that perimeter passing. I hope Terry is that player. At times we just didn't get into the paint to break the defense. Lots of looks from 3 but got to hit those. It sure looked like a loss until the end of OT.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
B1G network losing their minds over the phantom foul call, but the block that immediately proceeded it did not look clean at all. Am I missing something, or is their outrage more butthurt than anything else?
We rarely get a bad call like THAT!

That being said the OOB play that gave them 3 was atrocious. I only got to watch about 15 mins worth but in that short time there 3-4 crack back blocks, 2-3 facemasks, several tackles on defensiveless players, more than a few blocks in the back, a handful of chop blocks and definitely a fair number of targeting penalites that went uncalled. There was no way they could have called any holding penalties, you just about had to mug someone to get that called.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice win! We tried to give it away, Penn St. tried to give away, the refs tried to give it to PSU, the refs tried to give it to us....finally, Miles Kelly decided to take it and make those free throws!

The good:
-Gapare! 20 points, 6 rebounds, 3 threes, 2 blocks, and +11 on the court. He was huge, and we needed every bit of it. He seemed much more under control this game. Maybe its slowing down for him.
-Ndongo! When was the last time we had somebody get 19 rebounds! 19! He almost single-handedly out-rebounded PSU's whole team. He played solid defense on Wahab, and made some nice plays on offense too.
-George with 8 points and 8 assists. He looks very good and will only get better.
-25 team assists. I saw lots of good passing.
-Reeves. So smooth. So consistent I really wanted him to hit that last three.

The bad:
-17 turnovers and being foolish with the ball. Sometimes the ball slips out of your hands, but these TOs were a lot of dumb passes and lazy ballhandling.
-22% from 3 with Miles Kelly hitting 0 out of 7. Its amazing we could win with these stats. We should really stop shooting so many threes (or just start hitting them!)
-The complete breakdown and falling apart at the end of the second half. Lazy closeouts, lazy passes, and bad shots...we didn't do anything well in the last 5 minutes and were fortunate to get to OT.
-The BIG10 Network broadcast. They were total homers for PSU and showed some random dude and called him Lance Terry. They were bad.

We will absolutely take the win. We will hug the "W" and get out of NYC. It could have been much prettier, but the result was still a win, so we should all be glad. Go Jackets!

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hope Miles shooting picks up, his other stats are okay, below are the last 5 games. He does force the other to to still respect him.

The FT at the end of today's game were pressure on made!!

1000003789.png

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Nice win! We tried to give it away, Penn St. tried to give away, the refs tried to give it to PSU, the refs tried to give it to us....finally, Miles Kelly decided to take it and make those free throws!

The good:
-Gapare! 20 points, 6 rebounds, 3 threes, 2 blocks, and +11 on the court. He was huge, and we needed every bit of it. He seemed much more under control this game. Maybe its slowing down for him.
-Ndongo! When was the last time we had somebody get 19 rebounds! 19! He almost single-handedly out-rebounded PSU's whole team. He played solid defense on Wahab, and made some nice plays on offense too.
-George with 8 points and 8 assists. He looks very good and will only get better.
-25 team assists. I saw lots of good passing.
-Reeves. So smooth. So consistent I really wanted him to hit that last three.

The bad:
-17 turnovers and being foolish with the ball. Sometimes the ball slips out of your hands, but these TOs were a lot of dumb passes and lazy ballhandling.
-22% from 3 with Miles Kelly hitting 0 out of 7. Its amazing we could win with these stats. We should really stop shooting so many threes (or just start hitting them!)
-The complete breakdown and falling apart at the end of the second half. Lazy closeouts, lazy passes, and bad shots...we didn't do anything well in the last 5 minutes and were fortunate to get to OT.
-The BIG10 Network broadcast. They were total homers for PSU and showed some random dude and called him Lance Terry. They were bad.

We will absolutely take the win. We will hug the "W" and get out of NYC. It could have been much prettier, but the result was still a win, so we should all be glad. Go Jackets!
Give Penn State credit for causing turnovers. They fight hard thru screens and have active hands.

We clearl got tight and Sturdivant really struggled late in the game.

The play at the end of the game was well executhe. George beat his man off the dribble and made a nice pass to Ndango who made a good decision to fire it out to Reeves for a wide open 3. He missed but the play was good and he is a good guy to have an open 3 to win the game.

A bit of luck to pull it out but that does not matter. It goes in the books as a win.

Penn State's guards are very quick and they can shoot. They also have 2 former UNC players who were major contributors, Dunn (17 pts) and Puff Johnson. (15 pts)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Just checking in to give the PennSt broadcasters some cheese for dat whine they spilled all over their broadcast today, 'specially late.

Angry Kicking And Screaming GIF

love wine eating GIF by Red Nose Day

Haha, as many times as we've been jobbed over the years. 'Bout time one bounced the riGhT way.