12/16: GT vs. Penn State at The Garden

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I don't know what CDS and staff have been doing to make Ndongo, George, and Gapare P5 level players so quickly, but I wish they would aim some of those lessons at Kelly's jump shot.

I've really enjoyed how anyone Stoudamire puts on the floor can have a good game and he'll ride the hot hand. Sometimes as fans, we just have to trust the coach...he's the one that sees them every day in practice.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
This team is ripe with height and athleticism. And another scorer stepped up tonight. We have Reeves, Kelly, Ndongo, and Gapare who can get hot on any given night it seems and with George at point, I am high on this team!

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
We are so smooth with George at point. The ball was hopping today. Great number of assists on field goals. I did not like the two point guard look. I understand CDS thought it would help with the press but it didn’t. When we did break it, our half court offense was horrible with the two PG look. I’m not sure what that handoff play was. Reeves continues to play well on both ends. The length, strength, and athleticism of Ndongo and Gapare is awesome. As they continue to develop, they are going to be tough. Fun game to watch!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
When they click, it’s very fun to watch. The can score from 3, on the drive, and at the rim.

When they don’t click, it’s horrific to watch. Going 5+ minutes without a field goal, missing free throws, turnovers all of the place.

Makes sense when you consider we lost by 30 to Cincy, 20 to UGA, and also beat Duke. Outside shot at a big dance invite

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I thought it was a questionable call but I would need to look at it again.

I’m philosophical and believe these things even out. Tech deserved the win.

I also don’t think we’ve seen this team’s ceiling yet. Fewer mistakes today and Tech blows this game open and wins going away. But freshman players, as well as a new team still finding its chemistry, will take a while to overcome.
They didn’t seem to give a crap about the out of bounds call an earlier where we didn’t even remotely touch the ball after the Penn State player spiked it. That led directly to them even having a lead at the end to begin with. Ridiculous.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I didn’t think we should have called the timeout at the end of regulation until getting past half court. We called the TO in the backcourt and allowed them to set up their press, which was killing us at that point. Ended up not hurting us, except I’m not sure what that handoff play was, but I thought that was a bad timeout location.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
They didn’t seem to give a crap about the out of bounds call an earlier where we didn’t even remotely touch the ball after the Penn State player spiked it. That led directly to them even having a lead at the end to begin with. Ridiculous.
You are right. We got a bad call and they get a 3 pointer. I don't care if it was bad call for Miles. Sounds like balancing Karmas or whatever. We won and life is good.

We are a young team and really lost our confidence against their press. This win will help the team grow stronger. Go Jackets.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This team is ripe with height and athleticism. And another scorer stepped up tonight. We have Reeves, Kelly, Ndongo, and Gapare who can get hot on any given night it seems and with George at point, I am high on this team!

If we can develop 2 consistent good to high level post players, that will be a game changer for us.

PSUisBetter

Georgia Tech Fan
Just like y'all got gifted a 3 when our guy never touched the ball gtfo. Refs were bad for both sides.
Refs were brutal on both ends. The refs missed an obvious travel that the announcers pointed out in the first half, which then immediately led to a made three on your part, so the made threes evened out.

I was so pissed after that game that I made this account, haha. I am fine now, but WOW that was an absolutely horrid call that You just do not make it that time. Especially when the ref who blew the whistle was not even looking at where this foul supposedly occurred.

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Refs were brutal on both ends. The refs missed an obvious charge travel that the announcers point out in the first half, which then immediately led to a made three on your part, so they made threes evened out.

I was so pissed after that game that I made this account, haha. I am fine now, but WOW that was an absolutely horrid call that You just do not make it that time. Especially when the ref who blew the whistle was not even looking at where this foul supposedly occurred.
Refs job ain't easy, for sure. Lots of missed and questionable calls throughout the game.

Good luck going forward.

Maybe a rematch in the Sweet 16 to settle which team is better 😎

PSUisBetter

Georgia Tech Fan
Refs job ain't easy, for sure. Lots of missed and questionable calls throughout the game.

Good luck going forward.

Maybe a rematch in the Sweet 16 to settle which team is better 😎
For sure it's not easy, but what happened today was inexcusable all the way around. The kids are fighting way too hard to allow a phantom call decide the game, I'm sure that we can agree on that.

As an aside, my brother and sister (and 5 nieces/nephews) both live in Atlanta - best of luck going forward to you. The ATL is a great city and Ga Tech academics are top-notch.