12/15 Early Signing Day: GT

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Lane Kiffin (the hero we need but don't want?) said this very thing. Said stte that folks don't want to call it that but that's exactly what it is.

Schools(sic) are coordinating with companies to set up automatic NILs for certain position groups to spur commitments too.

Mark emmert in his office rn ...

escalated.gif

College sports, as we knew them, are ded. D-E-D. Just call it a school-affiliated club system and call it a day. And stop calling them "student" athletes.
⬆️ Truthiness all.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
All these comments about getting the ball to a TE are true but the problem we had was we haven’t had TE’s who could get separation from a LB. They’ve all been slow as molasses. Maybe the guy from Syracuse is quick enough to give the QB a window. If you were Patenaude what would you have done - dump pass to Gibbs or Smith or force a pass to a plodding TE. Maybe this TE and Kicker can fill two major voids.
Don’t forget about Leo Blackburn coming back from injury- he will hopefully be a game changer for GT at TE.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
TRAVIS HUNTER IS SIGNING WITH JSU OVER FSU BAHAHAHAHAHAH. THERES NO WAY NORVELL REALLY MESSED UP SIGNING THE #1 RECRUIT IN THE NATION THAT BADLY GEEZ. Just remember folks, be mad at CGC all you want, but he didn’t lose the #1 player in the class to Jacksonville State University.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Don’t forget about Leo Blackburn coming back from injury- he will hopefully be a game changer for GT at TE.
We need a good TE. That position is the perfect security blanket for a QB. I think Tyler Davis would have been solid for us if we had an actual offense in 2019. Hopefully the Syracuse guy makes an impact for us at TE and we can keep Blackburn at WR to win one-on-one battles.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
TRAVIS HUNTER IS SIGNING WITH JSU OVER FSU BAHAHAHAHAHAH. THERES NO WAY NORVELL REALLY MESSED UP SIGNING THE #1 RECRUIT IN THE NATION THAT BADLY GEEZ. Just remember folks, be mad at CGC all you want, but he didn’t lose the #1 player in the class to Jacksonville State University.
Money talks. Don't blame the coach at all. I'd sign with East St Louis State Community College for $2,000,000.00!

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Not tech related but rumors that #1 recruit in the nation Travis Hunter at Collins hill will be flipping to Deion and JSU and getting a $2 million NIL deal with Dave Portnoy and one bite pizza and barstool sports.
With what just happened with the OSU QB, makes one wonder how many of these large NIL deals will be backloaded/and or become school specific to encourage the players to stay where they sign?

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
You wouldn't sign with JSU for 2 mil?
I think that’s the inherent problem with NIL. I think it’s a great idea to pay players. But part of their pay is their education. I can almost guarantee you that 95% of all 18-19 year olds in America have no idea what to do with 2M dollars. That number just isn’t imaginable in their minds. It isn’t imaginable in a lot of peoples minds. I just hope they have some good mentors and advisors in their lives to help them make good decisions. I’d hate for their lives to get derailed because of fleeting monetary gain.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I don’t relay understand how much value a freshman at JSU brings to a NIL deal. Deon get’s 10 times more publicity than the school or players. This is just turning into legal bagmen

From a business standpoint it isn't just the value the kid brings. It's the publicity that comes with the #1 recruit signing with a smaller school that also has Dion, etc etc.

Plus, I assume some businesses are trying to "get in on the ground floor" so to speak and might be looking at keeping these relationships once players go pro.

GT_Inta-neer

Georgia Tech Fan
Not tech related but rumors that #1 recruit in the nation Travis Hunter at Collins hill will be flipping to Deion and JSU and getting a $2 million NIL deal with Dave Portnoy and one bite pizza and barstool sports.
Well, it happened. Kid signed with JSU. Now college football is totally, completely, irrevocably all about the money. Lord have mercy on us all.