11 years of building a program...whissed away 1 season

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Haha. We will be punting more. One of the things I'll miss most about Paul is pissing off fanbases by going and making it on 4th down.

Looks like others will miss our fake punts too.

Not a "Smart" thing to do in the cold light of the day after. At least it only cost us Coastal and not a National Championship bid.

Blows my mind that Todd Stansbury would hire the candidate that 3% of the polled posters on here actually support. .......

I support whoever TStan picks. At least for three seasons to see how it works out. This is a decision that will establish the "legacy" for TStan as an AD. The next coach will be better in some regards and worse in others. Now back to my morning tea.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Inconsistent? We had one bad year....riddled with injuries among other things, and one that missed a chance of being .500 because of a cancelled game. Out of how many? That is not inconsistent.

See below. The definition of inconsistent is when, during a trend of data, item records fall outside 1 standard deviation from the mean. Now, tell me again that we are consistent?

upload_2018-12-4_7-36-45.png

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Out of all of the candidates, has anyone been interviewed yet. I don't think I would want to be the AD at GT this week. The coaching search, fans mad about the bowl game, the school president (his boss) getting involved in the search for a coach, and donors wanting their guy to be the next coach. It's just my thought, but I wonder if our AD was asleep at the wheel while all of the bowl selections were made. I hope he comes out of all of this smelling like a rose and not something else.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
It's just my thought, but I wonder if our AD was asleep at the wheel while all of the bowl selections were made. I hope he comes out of all of this smelling like a rose and not something else.

My understanding is that TStan and Co. fought like hell for 3 other bowls. The reality is ... they didn't want GT and thought we'd be boring to watch. So we're stuck with the Toilet Bowl.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
My understanding is that TStan and Co. fought like hell for 3 other bowls. The reality is ... they didn't want GT and thought we'd be boring to watch. So we're stuck with the Toilet Bowl.
Thank you. I didn't know that. I stand corrected.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think there are legit reasons for not putting GT in the Belk, Military, or Pinstripe that have little to do with respect or disrespect. VT will be a much bigger draw in Annapolis than GT. Miami the same in NYC. I think the Belk Bowl wanted UVA because they will come to Charlotte and stay for several days. GT fans may drive up for the day and return.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I thought the chart below is the winning percentage, by team in the ACC Coastal since 2000 .... basically, we are all on a downward trend.

upload_2018-12-4_8-36-26.png

FrostedOrange

Jolly Good Fellow
The biggest positives I hear about hiring Whiz are simply rumors. That being that Dewberry, and other high profile boosters (with lots, and lots, and lots of $$$) will all be funding athletic programs and significantly improving facilities, etc.

I'm not against Whiz. Just hire a badass OC and recruiting staff to go with him.

Dewberry better fund at 100% then because fan base isn't gonna be excited

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Out of our 28000 season tickets holders do you really think everyone thinks like you and few guys on this board. It’s already been proven most in this board don’t even attend games. Some of that are very vocal about the couching hire, 95% of our season ticket holders will support whoever Titan hires and the other 5% will grumble and buy their tickets anyhow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95%? I don’t remember anyone from the GTAA asking me to take a survey which leads me to believe that your stats are fabricated and may not even be close to accurate. I, for one, am not a mindless twit who will renew my season tickets regardless of Tstan’s decision. In fact, I doubt our fan base has many people that would behave as you’re suggesting. Hey y’all...If TStan hires Bill Lewis would you renew your season tickets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
All I can say guys is that we are all getting bent out of shape over rumors right now. Whisenhunt maybe poised to be our next coah but let's wait and see what Tstan does, hopefully the is smart enough to listen to the fans and make the best decision possible.

I still remember when CPJ was rumored to come here then signed and everyone freaked out, then we had 2 back to back great seasons.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

My only concern with a coach is what OC and DC he has and what system, One thing not being mentioned as we harp on offense, if Woody is not retained we will be changing our defense again and that means lots of points given up. And depending on the Defense it may get worse. Then if we compound that by bringing in a pass happy coach, well 3-9, 3-9, 3-9. Pressly Harvin will be worn out as will Juanye Thomas returning kicks.

Animal02

Banned
All I can say guys is that we are all getting bent out of shape over rumors right now. Whisenhunt maybe poised to be our next coah but let's wait and see what Tstan does, hopefully the is smart enough to listen to the fans and make the best decision possible.

I still remember when CPJ was rumored to come here then signed and everyone freaked out, then we had 2 back to back great seasons.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
The thing with KW is it reeks of a back room good ole boy deal and not a serious search for a new coach nor a consideration of what is best for the program

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
The thing with KW is it reeks of a back room good ole boy deal and not a serious search for a new coach nor a consideration of what is best for the program

From my corporate days, we would always have a slate of 3-5 candidates for every role. Hundreds of them. But, with athletics ... who knows? I'm sure most athletic associations are like this. I heard they were stung the last time they used a search firm ... which is why they decided to do it themselves. Pros and cons to each method.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Yeah....Chan was consistent. Would take the last 11 years time and time again.

You can be consistent and STILL not deliver acceptable performance. It's up to management to decide the goal. But, a stable system can be improved systematically. An unstable system cannot. Why TStan doesn't have a Six Sigma blackbelt on staff is a mystery. I think it would do wonders for the quality of the program.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
If big money is only there for the Whiz then TS should offer him the job but advise him not to accept. This would satisfy the big money and force them to support someone who would be more likely to be successful. Personally I don't like the idea of hiring someone with so little college coaching/recruiting experience unless we are going to model the Clemson CEO coaching model and bring in some great coordinators.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
If big money is only there for the Whiz then TS should offer him the job but advise him not to accept. This would satisfy the big money and force them to support someone who would be more likely to be successful. Personally I don't like the idea of hiring someone with so little college coaching/recruiting experience unless we are going to model the Clemson CEO coaching model and bring in some great coordinators.

Just thinking out loud ... but wouldn't KW be an asset for kids who wanted to potentially play NFL? "Come to Tech", KW would say. "And I can prepare you for what life in the NFL is like. I know. I went to Tech and coached in the NFL for 30+ years. But, in the event you can't make it in the NFL, you'll have a great degree and a network that will make you successful."

Get the Tech NFL alumni involved and it would be an interesting angle. Surround him with a fabulous staff. Could work.

WrexRacer

Georgia Tech Fan
I think there are legit reasons for not putting GT in the Belk, Military, or Pinstripe that have little to do with respect or disrespect. VT will be a much bigger draw in Annapolis than GT. Miami the same in NYC. I think the Belk Bowl wanted UVA because they will come to Charlotte and stay for several days. GT fans may drive up for the day and return.

Belk will be a ticket sales loser. Belk doesn’t care about hotel sales either. Look at who they invite. Belk is the old acc good old boy network. And we aren’t in the club.