11 years of building a program...whissed away 1 season

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
If GT hires Whiz I would love to have the initial uncensored remarks of CPJ. Then I would like to have a live cam feed inside of CPJ's man cave as he watches the season unfold. Do you think he will watch our games or just attend the opera instead?

In reality I hope someone on here or a few people on here can throw out some positives about hiring Wisenhunt? Is there any merit given to the rumor that Wisenhunt was hand picked?

AugJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
If GT hires Whiz I would love to have the initial uncensored remarks of CPJ. Then I would like to have a live cam feed inside of CPJ's man cave as he watches the season unfold. Do you think he will watch our games or just attend the opera instead?

In reality I hope someone on here or a few people on here can throw out some positives about hiring Wisenhunt? Is there any merit given to the rumor that Wisenhunt was hand picked?

Sure CPJ had “success” but it’s not like we’re Clemson and are tearing down a great thing. I’m hesitant of KW as well...but it’s not like CPJ was building a dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Blows my mind that Todd Stansbury would hire the candidate that 3% of the polled posters on here actually support. I recognize that it's a very limited sample but if you thought that CPJ's offense/personality was polarizing then this adjustment to Wisenhunt wouldn't be a walk in the park either especially in the midst of a capital fundraising campaign! What's the thought process behind this?

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
The biggest positives I hear about hiring Whiz are simply rumors. That being that Dewberry, and other high profile boosters (with lots, and lots, and lots of $$$) will all be funding athletic programs and significantly improving facilities, etc.

I'm not against Whiz. Just hire a badass OC and recruiting staff to go with him.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
The biggest positives I hear about hiring Whiz are simply rumors. That being that Dewberry, and other high profile boosters (with lots, and lots, and lots of $$$) will all be funding athletic programs and significantly improving facilities, etc.

I'm not against Whiz. Just hire a badass OC and recruiting staff to go with him.
I really don't know much about the man either. I wonder what his "innovative" pitch to Stansbury was? Why are the big money donors all in favor of him? Is there money committed to building a recruiting network with expanded paid staff roles? Who leads the recruiting office? Does Woody get to stay?

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck

How much are they willing to commit? If they wanna throw $200MM into facilities and staff then I'm all for it. If we're talking bout $10M towards the edge and a couple more analyst **** that.

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck

What exactly did CPJ build? He is passing off a team that has the same record as the team he took over. I find it amazing that people who know nothing about football are dissing a coach who isn't even hired and may not even be hired yet. Whisenhunt isnt my first choice, but I am not going to not support him just because I think someone else is better. TStan is paid to do this, we are just idiots behind a keyboard. Other than that loser from ECU, Tech has done a pretty good job hiring football coaches over the last 40 years.

Animal02

Banned
What exactly did CPJ build? He is passing off a team that has the same record as the team he took over. I find it amazing that people who know nothing about football are dissing a coach who isn't even hired and may not even be hired yet. Whisenhunt isnt my first choice, but I am not going to not support him just because I think someone else is better. TStan is paid to do this, we are just idiots behind a keyboard. Other than that loser from ECU, Tech has done a pretty good job hiring football coaches over the last 40 years.
What alternate universe are you living in?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

CPJ has no reason to be haughty about anything.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Blows my mind that Todd Stansbury would hire the candidate that 3% of the polled posters on here actually support. I recognize that it's a very limited sample but if you thought that CPJ's offense/personality was polarizing then this adjustment to Wisenhunt wouldn't be a walk in the park either especially in the midst of a capital fundraising campaign! What's the thought process behind this?

Would depend Greatly on who he hires.

What would Dooley have done without Erk?

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
What alternate universe are you living in?
The real world. Curry started from scratch, had an incredible season in 1985 and went to ALABAMA. Ross won a conference and national title then went to the NFL and took a team to the Super Bowl. His replacement won't be named. O'Leary's last four teams were all ranked in the top 25 and he beat UGA three straight years. Gailey went to a bowl every year and one ACC title game. CPJ accomplished as much if not more than his predecesors but let's don't act like he is handing a Ferrari to his successor. Thats a pretty good track record for coaches,

There are a lot more other than the 97% on here who don't want Whiz

Animal02

Banned
The real world. Curry started from scratch, had an incredible season in 1985 and went to ALABAMA. Ross won a conference and national title then went to the NFL and took a team to the Super Bowl. His replacement won't be named. O'Leary's last four teams were all ranked in the top 25 and he beat UGA three straight years. Gailey went to a bowl every year and one ACC title game. CPJ accomplished as much if not more than his predecesors but let's don't act like he is handing a Ferrari to his successor. Thats a pretty good track record for coaches,
In other words you just ignore what doesn't fit your narrative. :rolleyes:

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
In other words you just ignore what doesn't fit your narrative. :rolleyes:

You are big on telling other people they “narratives”. That seems to be your only crutch. And I’m not sure that it’s much of a crutch at all. The second someone has some pretty good facts, you deflect to the narrative thing.