11/28 - MBB vs. Miss St.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
What a surprise, completely different team tonight. George brings a lot of energy on both sides of the ball and really makes a difference, and fun to watch. With him and Kyle at PG, we should be in pretty good shape. Nice to see they can play defense for a full game. But Miss State did not play well so they either had an off night or were way over ranked.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
Much better showing. That was fun to watch. Nait George played cool, calm, and collected while handling the ball for his first start. Also, I enjoyed watching his effort on defense. Looks like he could be a steal. Great game by Kelly and Kyle. Maybe this team does have some potential. Things that worked tonight we didn’t turn the ball over, we played defense, and we hit three’s. We looked like we knew what we were doing out there. Good job coach and players.

Tom

Georgia Tech Fan
Good win tonight. Went to the game with a former Miss St player. There were good changes made by the coaches. The team looks more of what I hoped for and expected under CDS. I noticed CDS was a lot more energetic on the bench tonight than I’ve seen him. Maybe it doesn’t come through on TV.

I agree that Miss St does not look like a top 25 team. I’d say Cincinnati (Interestingly enough, they went into OT against Howard tonight) is a tougher team than Miss St. My friend said Miss St, under their coach, plays defense well but struggles on offense. Plus, they were down a big man that their offense runs through. All that said, it’s never as good or as bad as it seems.

Just happy to see changes made and improvements happening which is all you can ask for in a 1st year coach.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
George looked like a young version of Alvarado. I like his moxie, could be a perfect college player that already has leadership, and could stay 4 years.
Miss St missing a key player , and if he comes back, they will be serious team. Sun could look even better later in year. Nice bounce back game.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t vote for them, but someone did ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know you’re saying MSU doesn’t DESERVE the ranking, but some writers were foolish enough to rank them

A lot of national writers don’t deserve their vote which is why there are a bunch of independent and site specific polls now.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
I have read many comments about our abundance of good shooters. We shot 30% from beyond the 3-point line and 38% from inside. I didn't see the game, but it appears that defense may have saved us.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
I have read many comments about our abundance of good shooters. We shot 30% from beyond the 3-point line and 38% from inside. I didn't see the game, but it appears that defense may have saved us.
We shot 50/42 in the first half.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Haven't had a chance to watch much of the game yet, but thrilled to hear about the turnaround. Especially on defense. (I know, it's not sexy...but it wins games).

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm not saying this is going to be a great team but I did like the way we took on Miss St last night inside. Miss St. wants to bully you and we had a lot of that done to us last year. For one game at least, we would not be bullied.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Much better showing. That was fun to watch. Nait George played cool, calm, and collected while handling the ball for his first start. Also, I enjoyed watching his effort on defense. Looks like he could be a steal. Great game by Kelly and Kyle. Maybe this team does have some potential. Things that worked tonight we didn’t turn the ball over, we played defense, and we hit three’s. We looked like we knew what we were doing out there. Good job coach and players.
That was a smothering defense by Tech!

Of course, that included deciding to let certain of their players take open shots for 3s who weren’t very good, but shutting down the big men inside was a practically inspirational effort.

Will be interesting to see if our defense continues to improve.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
That was a smothering defense by Tech!

Of course, that included deciding to let certain of their players take open shots for 3s who weren’t very good, but shutting down the big men inside was a practically inspirational effort.

Will be interesting to see if our defense continues to improve.
Agreed. I like this rotation of players better than previous versions.

I like Stoudamire. He gives guys a chance to play through a tough stretch but will make changes eventually.

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
George looked like a young version of Alvarado. I like his moxie, could be a perfect college player that already has leadership, and could stay 4 years.
Miss St missing a key player , and if he comes back, they will be serious team. Sun could look even better later in year. Nice bounce back game.
If George shows up in corn rows next game . . . watch out! Funny, he bounces around like Alvarado and looks short comparably, but looked him up and he is 6'-3".

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
2 shot clock violations last night - I know Missy St isn't an offensive juggernaut but that should be a confidence booster for our defense.