11/28 - MBB vs. Miss St.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Great response from the other night. We went in stall mode way too early. They always make me nervous. Again, I thought George gave us a great game. He made some mistakes in the second half, but some of that was due to the stall game we started playing. We were better from start to finish tonight!

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
if George can give us good minutes at PG with Sturdy, we will be much better.
Kelly is our guy, as he goes, we go.
Great win

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Crazy stats:

Shot 34.4% overall
Shot 29.6% from 3
12 TOs to 8 assists
Only outrebounded them by 2.

...and yet, almost beat them by double digits until late in the game.

That's because we actually played defense well (The only shot 31% overall), and weren't dragged down by a terrible first half like the first 4 games.

Hopefully, this is an early corner turned. LOTS of room for improvement.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
That Miss State team is not a top 25 team. I’d be shocked to see them dance. Horrible decision making and discipline.

That said, Kelly played very well and George looked awesome in the first half. Ndongo needs some polish and will be a good one. Really impressed with Sturdy against a defense that’s trying to get right up into you. Deebo looks like a guy that is letting the game come to him and makes the other team pay.

This is the team I was expecting.

slugboy

Staff member
That Miss State team is not a top 25 team. I’d be shocked to see them dance. Horrible decision making and discipline.

That said, Kelly played very well and George looked awesome in the first half. Ndongo needs some polish and will be a good one. Really impressed with Sturdy against a defense that’s trying to get right up into you. Deebo looks like a guy that is letting the game come to him and makes the other team pay.

This is the team I was expecting.
I didn’t vote for them, but someone did ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know you’re saying MSU doesn’t DESERVE the ranking, but some writers were foolish enough to rank them