10-2? 9-3? 8-4? 7-5? End of season predictions

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Watson playing for Clemson should theoretically give us more points as they would be more explosive and we'd have more drives in the game.

The rest sounded pretty decent.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Wow you guys are a lot worse than I expected. Never expected to be told to stop following GT football over saying something that i now regret. I asked for criticism, not insults. I'm a 3 year straight season ticket holder bought with my own money and most likely louder than most in the stands so please do not under estimate me
I don't think you got many insults. Most everything looked like criticism to me.

Wow you guys are a lot worse than I expected. Never expected to be told to stop following GT football over saying something that i now regret. I asked for criticism, not insults. I'm a 3 year straight season ticket holder bought with my own money and most likely louder than most in the stands so please do not under estimate me
Accept the criticism as (hopefully) constructive, but take the insults with a grain of salt. And remember some of what you perceive to be an insult is possibly also just poorly worded criticism. Regardless, since you are a season ticket holder, you have every right to an opinion. It's those who don't buy tickets, attend games, or support the program whose opinions are worthless in my book.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
Johnson is on track to get 8 wins this season and keep his job for another year. But it's likely to end on a sour note as Tech loses its last 3 games, Clemson, Georgia, and a bowl opponent, which will put Johnson back on the hot seat again next season.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck

When you say things like you want CPJ to go if we go 8-4, and follow it up with something about respect and the top 10...you should probably expect some criticism to come your way, because given the offseason turmoil, and in-season results and reasons for optimsim coming up, it would take a whole lot of reaching to justify firing CPJ.

My outlook is very rosy. I think UVA's offense scuffles (relative to our expectations for our D) on the road against us just enough but most importantly we take care of the ball and execute on offense.

GT wins 38-20

@ NC State, CPJ and the gang impress the importance of this game in terms of conference standings, and instead of wilting the offense contineus to roll. The defense though suffers some setbacks.

GT wins 41-35

Clemson announces on Tuesday that Watson's recovery did not go as expected and he'll be unavailable for Saturday's game against GT. GT fans show up in droves and are LOUD. Defense has best game of season causing 3 turnovers and hurrying Stoudt all around the yard. Offense grinds out enough possessions for a victory.

GT wins 27-16 (concurrently Duke has tripped up @ Syrcause and against UNC, after Miami beat UNC and lost to FSU leaving GT as the Coastal Champion)

@ UGA, Gurley is banged up against Auburn, and Chubb is limited in practice with hamstring tightness. Douglas is the feature back and he coughs the ball up 2 times in the Redzone both leading to GT TD drives. UGA mounts a late comeback but a Harrison Butker FG to go up 11 with 3:14 to play and onside recovery after a TD and 2 point conversion for UGA seal it for GT.

GT 35- UGA-32

In Charlotte, Neither team's defense has an answer to the other's offense. Jameis Winston throws a pick 6 to Quayshawn Nealy on the would-be game winning drive.

GT 42 FSU: 31.

Controversy ensues as FSU goes to the Playoff ahead of GT who is also left out in favor of SEC Champion UGA. FSU and UGA meet in National Championship game and FSU wins the game, to repeat as national champs.

A well-organized boycott leads NCAA to notice the playoff machinations are screwed up, AP awards GT split national title alongside FSU after GT dismantles Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl.

Playoff Final Four as follows: #1 Oregon loses to #4 UGA, #2 Michigan State loses to #3 Florida State. 2-loss SEC west teams left out as is 2-loss Notre Dame. NCAA has internal inquiry and decides to develop 16-team playoff for all conference champs and remainder at-larges. NCAA bans schdeuling of FCS schools by FBS teams.

Last edited:

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll have a double of whatever you have @Minawreck

Whatever the score in each of the next games, I am proud of this team already. a 6 point loss to the best Duke team in their history; a 5 point loss to a loaded UNC offense, and wins over Beamer and the Canes. Please please just beat UGA.

When you say things like you want CPJ to go if we go 8-4, and follow it up with something about respect and the top 10...you should probably expect some criticism to come your way, because given the offseason turmoil, and in-season results and reasons for optimsim coming up, it would take a whole lot of reaching to justify firing CPJ.

My outlook is very rosy. I think UVA's offense scuffles (relative to our expectations for our D) on the road against us just enough but most importantly we take care of the ball and execute on offense.

GT wins 38-20

@ NC State, CPJ and the gang impress the importance of this game in terms of conference standings, and instead of wilting the offense contineus to roll. The defense though suffers some setbacks.

GT wins 41-35

Clemson announces on Tuesday that Watson's recovery did not go as expected and he'll be unavailable for Saturday's game against GT. GT fans show up in droves and are LOUD. Defense has best game of season causing 3 turnovers and hurrying Stoudt all around the yard. Offense grinds out enough possessions for a victory.

GT wins 27-16 (concurrently Duke has tripped up @ Syrcause and against UNC, after Miami beat UNC and lost to FSU leaving GT as the Coastal Champion)

@ UGA, Gurley is banged up against Auburn, and Chubb is limited in practice with hamstring tightness. Douglas is the feature back and he coughs the ball up 2 times in the Redzone both leading to GT TD drives. UGA mounts a late comeback but a Harrison Butker FG to go up 11 with 3:14 to play and onside recovery after a TD and 2 point conversion for UGA seal it for GT.

GT 35- UGA-32

In Charlotte, Neither team's defense has an answer to the other's offense. Jameis Winston throws a pick 6 to Quayshawn Nealy on the would-be game winning drive.

GT 42 FSU: 31.

Controversy ensues as FSU goes to the Playoff ahead of GT who is also left out in favor of SEC Champion UGA. FSU and UGA meet in National Championship game and FSU wins the game, to repeat as national champs.

A well-organized boycott leads NCAA to notice the playoff machinations are screwed up, AP awards GT split national title alongside FSU after GT dismantles Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl.

Playoff Final Four as follows: #1 Oregon loses to #4 UGA, #2 Michigan State loses to #3 Florida State. 2-loss SEC west teams left out as is 2-loss Notre Dame. NCAA has internal inquiry and decides to develop 16-team playoff for all conference champs and remainder at-larges. NCAA bans schdeuling of FCS schools by FBS teams.
Well, that's the wildest, most imaginative post I think I have ever read. Loved it. I especially love your prediction of the traitor Brendan Douglas coughing up the ball twice against us. Even if nothing else you predicted came to pass, I would be happy with that one. LOL

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I think we end up 8-4 regular season, with a good chance we actually end up losing one of UVA or NC St and end up winning one of CU and UGA.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Maybe I am being harsh, but it seems now a days you will not be respected unless you are top 10 every season. And anything < 9-3 will not get us any respect

That depends on what you want to be respected for. I would rather we win 8-9 games the right way than sell our souls for that extra win or two. After all, look at the joke UNC has become.

BTW, when I was 16, GT was on top of the world. (1990 National Champs) It killed me to watch the team become what it did under b*** l****. I am glad that a coach like CPJ is winning the right way.

Prediction: 8-4.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
After a convincing win in pittsburgh, the yellow jackets moved to 6-2 and 3-2 in ACC play. As good as that looks, should we be satisfied? Here's my outlook on the next four games:

Virginia hasn't been playing well at all, and seem to be getting worse every week. They are our homecoming game and first home game in two weeks. They are a very hungry team and I feel as if they will play better than they have in the last few weeks. Georgia Tech is coming off a road win against Pitt and finally playing in front of their home crowd again (lets make it a good one).
GT 38 UVA 24

Here's where it gets complicated. After a 4-0 start, NC State has lost all 4 of their last games. As much as I would love to believe this is an easy win, I just don't see it. Depending on the game time, NC State fans usually bring a nice crowd to most home games. The place was going wild against Florida state. Looking past all that, I see georgia tech winning but I think it could go either way.
GT 42 NCST 38

Freshman Deshaun Watson has made quite the name for himself in his little playing time.
Unfortunately, the Clemson QB went on to break his index finger on his throwing hand after a 23-17 victory over Louisville. Wether he is back or not could have a huge impact on the outcome of the game. If he comes back, I have to believe that he will put up big numbers and big points on our defense. Cole Stoudt is Clemson's current QB, and if you remember as well as I do he had no problem moving the ball on our defense last year when he came in for Taj Boyd after a short injury. Clemson struggled last week, barely beating duke by a score of 16-6. I think the QB makes the difference in this game
Without Watson- GT 41 Clemson 35
With Watson- GT 24 Clemson 45

Georgia Tech travels to Athens to play a team with more hype than any other team in the country. A team that we haven't beat since 2008. A team that has the best running backs in the nation. A team that I honestly do not see losing another game this season. A win at Georgia would be all kinds of magical. It would get georgia tech more recognition, it would end the streak, and it would virtually end Georgia's national championship hopes. UGA has a very talented football team, and their defense has looked much better this season. Despite that, I think georgia tech can put up enough points to spark a little hope but not enough to get the job done. Gurley and Chubb will most likely have a field day on the defense and I wouldn't be surprised if they had 400+ rushing yards.
GT 31 UGA 49

I'm glad that's over. If we finished 9-3 I would be extremely satisfied and I would be fine with giving Paul Johnson an extension. (Preferably 2 years/ end of JT era) on the other hand, if we finished 8-4 I wouldn't be happy. I'm tired of average seasons and I would want Paul Johnson outta here.

Let me know what you think, I'm 16 and love doing these kinds do thinks. Criticism & advice is welcome. Thank you and To Hell With Georgia
Before the season started I said 9-3 or 10-2. I didn't know we would lose 5-7 DL though, so I would accept 8-4. I still think 9-3. I have a feeling we will beat Clemson this year and head to play fsu in the acccg.

8-4 is the likely finish. Just don't think we can have our offense play perfect for 3 of the last 4 games, and that is what it would take. It would help if Watson doesn't play for Clem's Son.

At this point, with our D, being lucky is what we need, and of course stripping the ball and hitting hard can make some of the luck happen.

Not predicting or advocating for this, just a hypothetical. Say we go 7-5, and still are woeful on defense, losing to both Clemson and Georgia in spite of scoring 30 or 35 points and putting up 500 + yards of offense. What if Bobinski came to CPJ and said "you can stay, but Ted must go." Then what?

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not predicting or advocating for this, just a hypothetical. Say we go 7-5, and still are woeful on defense, losing to both Clemson and Georgia in spite of scoring 30 or 35 points and putting up 500 + yards of offense. What if Bobinski came to CPJ and said "you can stay, but Ted must go." Then what?

Then we should all advocate that Bobinski be gone. Because that would be foolish given the youth that Roof inherited. Why such a negative hypothetical?

What if we win all our remaining games? Raises for everyone!!

alaguy

Helluva Engineer

you have a right to your opinion--so ignore most of the comments
I have been around watching GT for 60 yrs and I still get surprised sometimes with something that happens --see 5 fumbles in pitt game and Vad quiting after 1 yr (although has weak desire for contact telegraphed that a bit)