10-2? 9-3? 8-4? 7-5? End of season predictions

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If Deshaun Watson doesn't make it back in time for us, we have a really good shot against Clemson. Not sure Cole Stoudt leading their offense can match us score for score. If Watson is back, we're going to have to score on every possession.

I didn't think Gurley would ever play a down again for UGA, but I guess the NCAA...oh nevermind, waste of time to criticize them. Don't think UGA has the defense to stop us this year, but their offense can match our offense. Hoping our defense can make some strides and pull some stops out so our offense can get ahead and play the death march game. Of the games we have left, hate to say it, but this is the once with the highest chance of a loss. Still winnable, but we just have to play perfect on all phases.

Still have a good chance at 9 wins if you include a bowl win.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What an exaggerator you are! It is more like 69.870% chance of going 9-3.

This is my equation........
152124930-math-equations-photos-com.jpg
:wacky:

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
LIVE BREAKING NEWS: AtomicJacket's top secret calculation lab has been discovered, and an inside informant has submitted a photo of the mastermind crafting his latest pinpoint accuracy projection:

drunk_thumb.jpg

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow you guys are a lot worse than I expected. Never expected to be told to stop following GT football over saying something that i now regret. I asked for criticism, not insults. I'm a 3 year straight season ticket holder bought with my own money and most likely louder than most in the stands so please do not under estimate me

haha you and I had the same plan Jared... I started buying my season tickets on my own with my own money in 1975 when I was 14 :)
Don't get discouraged by what people say on a message board... not just GT sports, but anything!

People often say things on message boards that they wouldn't say in person.. sometimes it's trying to show off, sometimes it's hiding insecurities, and sometimes it's because they're just as passionate as you and just have a different opinion. Either way, just roll with it buddy. :)

Go Jackets!!!!!

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Team is playing well so far but we have been fortunate that this year's schedule is pretty crappy. To me, our best quality win is the Miami game. That team is starting to look like a good team and the way Tech handled them is very impressive to me. The VT game is looking less impressive with each passing week now that we see that they're 1-4 in the ACC and in the cellar of the Coastal division. Doesn't take away from the fact that we beat them but it certainly doesn't seem as impressive now.

I still think Clemson and UGA are better teams than we are so I would expect us to lose those 2 games (although I would LOVE to be wrong...especially about the UGA game). I'm just afraid that those 2 teams can line up and run the ball up the gut against us with their big offensive linemen.

I admitted in an earlier thread that I haven't seen a single second of an NC State game all year. As a team they're pretty bad but if they have a QB who can complete over 60% of his passes, I would expect them to give us a bit of a fight. But I still think we win that one.

I was pleasantly surprised at how well we played versus UVA and with the amount of pressure we got on the quarterback. But IIRC, didn't they have something like 10 dropped passes on the day? I know 2 of their top receivers being out affected them but Virginia is just pretty much a bad offensive team right now.

So I guess I'd go with 8-4 regular season. That would 9-4 or 8-5 final record...just depends on who we play in a bowl game. And FWIW, no I don't think the ACCCG is within reach for us. I don't see Duke losing 2 more games. Wake Forest and Syracuse are just flat out bad and Virginia Tech isn't much better.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
When you say things like you want CPJ to go if we go 8-4, and follow it up with something about respect and the top 10...you should probably expect some criticism to come your way, because given the offseason turmoil, and in-season results and reasons for optimsim coming up, it would take a whole lot of reaching to justify firing CPJ.

My outlook is very rosy. I think UVA's offense scuffles (relative to our expectations for our D) on the road against us just enough but most importantly we take care of the ball and execute on offense.

GT wins 38-20

@ NC State, CPJ and the gang impress the importance of this game in terms of conference standings, and instead of wilting the offense contineus to roll. The defense though suffers some setbacks.

GT wins 41-35

Clemson announces on Tuesday that Watson's recovery did not go as expected and he'll be unavailable for Saturday's game against GT. GT fans show up in droves and are LOUD. Defense has best game of season causing 3 turnovers and hurrying Stoudt all around the yard. Offense grinds out enough possessions for a victory.

GT wins 27-16 (concurrently Duke has tripped up @ Syrcause and against UNC, after Miami beat UNC and lost to FSU leaving GT as the Coastal Champion)

@ UGA, Gurley is banged up against Auburn, and Chubb is limited in practice with hamstring tightness. Douglas is the feature back and he coughs the ball up 2 times in the Redzone both leading to GT TD drives. UGA mounts a late comeback but a Harrison Butker FG to go up 11 with 3:14 to play and onside recovery after a TD and 2 point conversion for UGA seal it for GT.

GT 35- UGA-32

In Charlotte, Neither team's defense has an answer to the other's offense. Jameis Winston throws a pick 6 to Quayshawn Nealy on the would-be game winning drive.

GT 42 FSU: 31.

Controversy ensues as FSU goes to the Playoff ahead of GT who is also left out in favor of SEC Champion UGA. FSU and UGA meet in National Championship game and FSU wins the game, to repeat as national champs.

A well-organized boycott leads NCAA to notice the playoff machinations are screwed up, AP awards GT split national title alongside FSU after GT dismantles Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl.

Playoff Final Four as follows: #1 Oregon loses to #4 UGA, #2 Michigan State loses to #3 Florida State. 2-loss SEC west teams left out as is 2-loss Notre Dame. NCAA has internal inquiry and decides to develop 16-team playoff for all conference champs and remainder at-larges. NCAA bans schdeuling of FCS schools by FBS teams.

Looking good! Would that we could do the last 3 as you predicted.
The key is that coach has his what I call swagger back - it's win this year and the team is following his lead.
He stepped on sewaks toes and added co ol coach and I think has been insisting that we play the backups and not just the best players. Ditto on playing so future star potential db. Stepped in and changed the 10 yard and back up at the snap db cushion defense ( that concept was embarrassing to gt). He and JT have bonded - and coach has gradually made the offense more complicated. Biggest thing is with OL being strong and having good qb coach is doing a GREAT job call plays. The TD pass to Days was awsome.
So will we win the next 3 games. Atomic probably thinks not. The talent level is higher in two of the games. But these teams are now experiencing defensive difficulties that need to be corrected in their base defense just before they play us

I think we play to a level that makes us all proud. I had hoped for more upside by the younger defensive guys but have been really surprised by play of the 6 fifth year BB and AB. I say we will pass better and in three wild games we win out.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
My prediction is probably the least likely, namely that the sports writers select us in the top 2 for our division next year (behind Miami) with a top 25 preseason ranking!
We should go 8-4 this regular season but this team is an over achiever and goes 9-3.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I dunno. I always look at every game and think of reasons why we could win. I hate predicting losses. I don't think we are nearly the underdogs, that some of you do, in the last two games. Nor do I think we should be favored at the moment either. The way I see it, our offense gives us a punchers chance in every game.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I thought probablywe would lose up there to pitt and that tailback, and beat uva at home.The way this season has gone we could lose to ncst and beat clem or uga. wow

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
When you say things like you want CPJ to go if we go 8-4, and follow it up with something about respect and the top 10...you should probably expect some criticism to come your way, because given the offseason turmoil, and in-season results and reasons for optimsim coming up, it would take a whole lot of reaching to justify firing CPJ.

My outlook is very rosy. I think UVA's offense scuffles (relative to our expectations for our D) on the road against us just enough but most importantly we take care of the ball and execute on offense.

GT wins 38-20

@ NC State, CPJ and the gang impress the importance of this game in terms of conference standings, and instead of wilting the offense contineus to roll. The defense though suffers some setbacks.

GT wins 41-35

Clemson announces on Tuesday that Watson's recovery did not go as expected and he'll be unavailable for Saturday's game against GT. GT fans show up in droves and are LOUD. Defense has best game of season causing 3 turnovers and hurrying Stoudt all around the yard. Offense grinds out enough possessions for a victory.

GT wins 27-16 (concurrently Duke has tripped up @ Syrcause and against UNC, after Miami beat UNC and lost to FSU leaving GT as the Coastal Champion)

@ UGA, Gurley is banged up against Auburn, and Chubb is limited in practice with hamstring tightness. Douglas is the feature back and he coughs the ball up 2 times in the Redzone both leading to GT TD drives. UGA mounts a late comeback but a Harrison Butker FG to go up 11 with 3:14 to play and onside recovery after a TD and 2 point conversion for UGA seal it for GT.

GT 35- UGA-32

In Charlotte, Neither team's defense has an answer to the other's offense. Jameis Winston throws a pick 6 to Quayshawn Nealy on the would-be game winning drive.

GT 42 FSU: 31.

Controversy ensues as FSU goes to the Playoff ahead of GT who is also left out in favor of SEC Champion UGA. FSU and UGA meet in National Championship game and FSU wins the game, to repeat as national champs.

A well-organized boycott leads NCAA to notice the playoff machinations are screwed up, AP awards GT split national title alongside FSU after GT dismantles Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl.

Playoff Final Four as follows: #1 Oregon loses to #4 UGA, #2 Michigan State loses to #3 Florida State. 2-loss SEC west teams left out as is 2-loss Notre Dame. NCAA has internal inquiry and decides to develop 16-team playoff for all conference champs and remainder at-larges. NCAA bans schdeuling of FCS schools by FBS teams.

.......ummmm.....

is anyone else as scared as I am right now?

Last edited: