10-2? 9-3? 8-4? 7-5? End of season predictions

GTJared21

Georgia Tech Fan
After a convincing win in pittsburgh, the yellow jackets moved to 6-2 and 3-2 in ACC play. As good as that looks, should we be satisfied? Here's my outlook on the next four games:

Virginia hasn't been playing well at all, and seem to be getting worse every week. They are our homecoming game and first home game in two weeks. They are a very hungry team and I feel as if they will play better than they have in the last few weeks. Georgia Tech is coming off a road win against Pitt and finally playing in front of their home crowd again (lets make it a good one).
GT 38 UVA 24

Here's where it gets complicated. After a 4-0 start, NC State has lost all 4 of their last games. As much as I would love to believe this is an easy win, I just don't see it. Depending on the game time, NC State fans usually bring a nice crowd to most home games. The place was going wild against Florida state. Looking past all that, I see georgia tech winning but I think it could go either way.
GT 42 NCST 38

Freshman Deshaun Watson has made quite the name for himself in his little playing time.
Unfortunately, the Clemson QB went on to break his index finger on his throwing hand after a 23-17 victory over Louisville. Wether he is back or not could have a huge impact on the outcome of the game. If he comes back, I have to believe that he will put up big numbers and big points on our defense. Cole Stoudt is Clemson's current QB, and if you remember as well as I do he had no problem moving the ball on our defense last year when he came in for Taj Boyd after a short injury. Clemson struggled last week, barely beating duke by a score of 16-6. I think the QB makes the difference in this game
Without Watson- GT 41 Clemson 35
With Watson- GT 24 Clemson 45

Georgia Tech travels to Athens to play a team with more hype than any other team in the country. A team that we haven't beat since 2008. A team that has the best running backs in the nation. A team that I honestly do not see losing another game this season. A win at Georgia would be all kinds of magical. It would get georgia tech more recognition, it would end the streak, and it would virtually end Georgia's national championship hopes. UGA has a very talented football team, and their defense has looked much better this season. Despite that, I think georgia tech can put up enough points to spark a little hope but not enough to get the job done. Gurley and Chubb will most likely have a field day on the defense and I wouldn't be surprised if they had 400+ rushing yards.
GT 31 UGA 49

I'm glad that's over. If we finished 9-3 I would be extremely satisfied and I would be fine with giving Paul Johnson an extension. (Preferably 2 years/ end of JT era) on the other hand, if we finished 8-4 I wouldn't be happy. I'm tired of average seasons and I would want Paul Johnson outta here.

Let me know what you think, I'm 16 and love doing these kinds do thinks. Criticism & advice is welcome. Thank you and To Hell With Georgia

After a convincing win in pittsburgh, the yellow jackets moved to 6-2 and 3-2 in ACC play. As good as that looks, should we be satisfied? Here's my outlook on the next four games:

Virginia hasn't been playing well at all, and seem to be getting worse every week. They are our homecoming game and first home game in two weeks. They are a very hungry team and I feel as if they will play better than they have in the last few weeks. Georgia Tech is coming off a road win against Pitt and finally playing in front of their home crowd again (lets make it a good one).
GT 38 UVA 24

Here's where it gets complicated. After a 4-0 start, NC State has lost all 4 of their last games. As much as I would love to believe this is an easy win, I just don't see it. Depending on the game time, NC State fans usually bring a nice crowd to most home games. The place was going wild against Florida state. Looking past all that, I see georgia tech winning but I think it could go either way.
GT 42 NCST 38

Freshman Deshaun Watson has made quite the name for himself in his little playing time.
Unfortunately, the Clemson QB went on to break his index finger on his throwing hand after a 23-17 victory over Louisville. Wether he is back or not could have a huge impact on the outcome of the game. If he comes back, I have to believe that he will put up big numbers and big points on our defense. Cole Stoudt is Clemson's current QB, and if you remember as well as I do he had no problem moving the ball on our defense last year when he came in for Taj Boyd after a short injury. Clemson struggled last week, barely beating duke by a score of 16-6. I think the QB makes the difference in this game

Georgia Tech travels to Athens to play a team with more hype than any other team in the country. A team that we haven't beat since 2008. A team that has the best running backs in the nation. A team that I honestly do not see losing another game this season. A win at Georgia would be all kinds of magical. It would get georgia tech more recognition, it would end the streak, and it would virtually end Georgia's national championship hopes. UGA has a very talented football team, and their defense has looked much better this season. Despite that, I think georgia tech can put up enough points to spark a little hope but not enough to get the job done. Gurley and Chubb will most likely have a field day on the defense and I wouldn't be surprised if they had 400+ rushing yards.
GT 31 UGA 49

I'm glad that's over. If we finished 9-3 I would be extremely satisfied and I would be fine with giving Paul Johnson an extension. (Preferably 2 years/ end of JT era) on the other hand, if we finished 8-4 I wouldn't be happy. I'm tired of average seasons and I would want Paul Johnson outta here.

Let me know what you think, I'm 16 and love doing these kinds do thinks. Criticism & advice is welcome. Thank you and To Hell With Georgia

I see no reason to get rid of Johnson no matter what happens. No extension if we do badly, but definitely don't fire him. What good has the coaching carousel done us since Dodd retired, and why does any rational person think it would work differently now. We NEED consistency in the coaching staff (and not just the HC). Has everyone forgotten the 70s and 80s and all the LOSING SEASONS we had back then? Someone posted last week that they were willing to step back in order to step forward. I have no desire whatsoever to "step back," especially when there is absolutely no guarantee that we will "step forward." In fact it is doubtful that we would ever "step forward" again after yet another change in coaches.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
If we finish 9-3, I think CPJ should get coach of the year. If we finish 8-4, I think he should definitely get a contract extension. If we finish 7-5, that will be a winning season and yet another bowl appearance with a team that had been hit with misfortune and yet has responded with great desire and effort all season, thus earning my admiration.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
8-4 is the likely finish. Just don't think we can have our offense play perfect for 3 of the last 4 games, and that is what it would take. It would help if Watson doesn't play for Clem's Son.

At this point, with our D, being lucky is what we need, and of course stripping the ball and hitting hard can make some of the luck happen.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I picked 8-4 before the year started. I will be happy with 8-4 given we beat both Miami and VT. Anything else would be icing on the cake for me. I would be happy as well with 7-5 if that 7th win is UGAg.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'll go back to my opinion about getting college aged players emotionally ready to play on any given day.
So, IF we can take care of business against UVA and NCST, get on a bit of a roll, confidence will be up and maybe the ACCCG is on the line, we win one of the last two, beating Clemson at Home and finish 9-3 with loss to UGA in Athens.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
The first post pretty much matches my thoughts. I think we beat UVA and NC St and lose to Clemson and UGA. Firing a coach at GT for an 8-4 record seems really dumb though. We aren't a team that wins 8 games all that often historically. Maryland thought they deserved better than 8-9 win seasons, fired their coach, and they haven't won 8 games since then.

Animal02

Banned
I said 8-4 at the start of the season as well, if we got lucky 9-3, and really really lucky 10-2, but could also see a 7-5 if we were really unlucky. We did not get the luck in the Duke and UNC games........came close but it didn't happen. I will be quite happy with a 8-4 season....finishing close (if not tied) to the top of the coastal.

Mich., PSU, Texas, VT, Tenn. ....all traditional football powers....would love to have our record right now.....and finish 8-4

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

GT 38 UVA 24

GT 42 NCST 38

GT 31 UGA 49

Thanks for doing this. You have some interesting perspectives. For example, I find it interesting that you see us scoring 17 fewer points against CU if they have their QB back. Just out of curiosity, do you think that his presence will result in 6 fewer possessions in the game or how do you figure?

Here's my take (fwiw):
UVA:
D is legit -- They held UCLA and UNC to 28 and Duke to 20. I say we still find a way to exploit what they're doing: GT 35+
O is suspect -- They only scored 27 on UNC, 13 on Duke and 24 on Pitt. That 27 v UNC was in 13 drives, or a little over 2pts/drive. I project 12 drives UVA ~28
The margin of error isn't really great here, imo. We haven't really shown the killer instinct against teams we're expected to beat.
GT 35-28​

NC State
GT 56-0 (might as well be)​

CU:
D is more legit than UVA's. We scored 2.7 ppd vs VPI, and I'd estimate the same vs Climp's boy. 12 drives, GT 32
O is less legit without injuries. By a point of some comparison, they scored about 3.5ppd vs UNC, while we scored about 4.5 ppd vs UNC. By footballoutsiders F/+, their O was rated worse than Pitt's before this last game. Against Syr, they scored just a little more than 1 ppd. Again not much margin of error, I'll say we force some FGs CU 30.
GT 32-30
U[sic]Ga -- will wait till we see more

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow

GT 38 UVA 24

GT 42 NCST 38

GT 31 UGA 49

Do I have this right? You waver between extension and firing on the outcome of one game? Okaaaayy. I wish I had a script that could filter this type of nonsense and auto ignore.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I’m more afraid of NC State than I am of UVA mostly because Jacoby Brissett is very good. I think we can beat both fairly easily though if we play an aggressive defense. Our defense will have to step up against Clemson though. They’ll get a few stops on us so if we win, we won’t break 30 points. Our best bet is to be able to do to them what we did to Miami and control the clock. I’m hoping Watson’s 1st game back will be against us and not Wake though so he’ll have some cobwebs to dust off and may start slow.

GTJared21

Georgia Tech Fan
Do I have this right? You waver between extension and firing on the outcome of one game? Okaaaayy. I wish I had a script that could filter this type of nonsense and auto ignore.
If you didn't see what I said just a minute after I posted this, I said that I was being too harsh about firing him. Thank you

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe I am being harsh, but it seems now a days you will not be respected unless you are top 10 every season. And anything < 9-3 will not get us any respect

Here's the list of teams that were top 10 every season for the last 5 seasons:

Alabama

Here's the list of teams that were top 10 for 4 out of the last 5 seasons:

Oregon

If your standard for firing a coach is that we're not one of the top two teams in the nation, then be ready to go through a lot of coaches.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe I am being harsh, but it seems now a days you will not be respected unless you are top 10 every season. And anything < 9-3 will not get us any respect

As a GT fan you must be very disappointed in our program only meeting your minimum for "respect" only six times since Bobby Dodd. At 16 years old, GT has only met this minimum three times in your lifetime - why do you follow GT football?

Besides, the only way to earn "respect" in the current college football environment it to be part of the SEC.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Let’s also keep in mind that Watson is not unbeatable. The 2 games he played a full game against were UNC and NCST which are not very good defenses at all. FSU most likely was not prepared for him since they probably game planned around Cole Stoudt. Watson looked very bad against Louisville before he got hurt. Now our defense may be on par with UNC and NCST so he could look like a world beater, but I do believe he’s beatable if we can get some pressure on him like Louisville did.

GTJared21

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow you guys are a lot worse than I expected. Never expected to be told to stop following GT football over saying something that i now regret. I asked for criticism, not insults. I'm a 3 year straight season ticket holder bought with my own money and most likely louder than most in the stands so please do not under estimate me