1/23/2024 MBB vs. Pitt.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Have some good pieces to build on with George and ndongo, but we need a talent influx badly. We have no idea how to play with a lead or keep a lead. Always give up a basket and kill momentum when we make a run.

This team just lacks something, I guess it’s true leadership or a veteran playmaker maybe.

Hopefully CDS can hold on to our recruits coming in and sell them on playing time / vision.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
We were projected to finish 13th in the conference and we are 14th. Not surprising, just wish this team wouldn’t get our hopes up by beating ranked teams then losing very winnable games. Season is going how it was predicted. We are a young team trying to win by shooting a ton of 3s. That isn’t usually a recipe for success, and given our massive limitations defensively, it certainly hurts us in having a consistent offensive game flow. IIWII. Best we can do is look for growth over the season and hope it translates to next year’s team. It’ll probably be 25 or 26 before we see NCAAT quality and that’s if everything goes according to plan.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
I wanted to hold on, but this has been the worst basketball that I‘ve ever watched.

Damon, when you coached Pacific - you literally could go no where but up.

when you coach in the ACC, you get exposed.

damn, I wanted it to work. It ain’t gonna work

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
I wanted to hold on, but this has been the worst basketball that I‘ve ever watched.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer

He’s got 3 Top 150 guys coming in next season, plus whoever he gets from the portal, and probably Bryson Tiller next year. Plus the best 2 players on the team are Freshmen. Hold your horses a bit. But yeah this year’s team is ****ed. That effort was dog****.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is the sausage being made. Not pretty but a year so from now it’ll be good.

Tonight I don’t understand why we switched everything and allowed them to isolate the mismatches they wanted either on the perimeter or inside.

The biggest thing though was we are not gonna win many games with Kelly going for zero. Wish we had something in the bag that was an easy bucket for Kelly. Just something to get him going

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
"Tech has averaged 76.6 points per game and has connected on 47.4 percent of its field goal tries in ACC play, which ranks No. 4 and No. 2, respectively, in those categories."

So turnovers, reduced rebounding advantage, poor D, etc. appear to be our Achilles heel.
Frustrating game since turnovers were even and I felt like the D was pretty good until late 2nd half. Certainly winnable but you can’t expect a win shooting under 40% and not generating good shots.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
9 assists on 22 made FG.
Kelly+ Gapare + Coleman a combined 2 / 12 shooting, just ain't gonna get it done.

1000003939.png

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
9 assists on 22 made FG.
Kelly+ Gapare + Coleman a combined 2 / 12 shooting, just ain't gonna get it done.
No assists from the bigs. Speaks to a lack of ball movement. - caveat (I didn't get to watch this yet).
I do think this team will be better next year, but definitely a change project in progress to remake this team in CDS' vision.

Last edited:

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
CDS DEFINITELY deserves time. Talk of him nit being the guy ALREADY, is crazy. I like the future of program. The losing is no fun, but it’s clear to see Ndongo, George and Reeves are very solid. I think Terry will fit with this team with his fire and relentless play. Add 3 new players next year, maybe more and CDS gonna have more of his type of players.

Kelly OTOH, he tested NBA waters 😂; wish the kid luck but what did he work on in the off season. Only complaint about CDS was his comment about Miles playing at All American level. Just not possible. Miles has ZERO counter moves on offense. Needs WAY too much room to shoot, and can only go full speed right in the drive, no other move. He’s very easy to shut down.