1/20 - MBB vs. UVA

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Team stats
Three-point shooting, turnovers, and points in the paint stand out.

1000003927.png

Rzunz

Jolly Good Fellow
That’s a frustrating loss. From 11 up to losing by 9. Home court has definitely not been there for us this year. ND & UVA both got their first road wins against us. I know it’s easy to be a homer, but I think we are better than them. McNeely hit two desperate 3’s at the end of the clock, for which I give him credit. They were stronger in the paint than us. Ndongo finally turned it on later in the second half, but they gave him trouble in there. On to the next one, I guess.
Unfortunately McKneely and Beekman were the best players on the court tonight. And Minor in his first game is a full grown man!

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
22 VA pts off turnovers. Each of those also prevent an offensive opportunity for our Offense. Many unforced. This is problem we had early season. UVA's man to man take away the 3 and the lack of inside scoring killed us.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Still a BIG fan of many players on this team, but wow we need to find a sustainable gear; when we flatline like we do for 5+ mins at a time, hard to come back from the dead. I know the coach and players will figure it, but consistency seems like it will be next season.
Virginia’s first true road win in almost a YEAR?!!! Hate that teams get healthy in the ATL.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
They took away the role and any point guard penetration at the start of the office. Made us a perimeter team again. We made shots in the first half and didn’t make the shots in the second half. They made shots and beat us.

Ask for points in the paint, their structured offense with down screens and curls gave them a lot more opportunities to get the ball in the paint then our perimeter passing did

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
The way they hedge ball screens with their bigs totally takes away the pass on the screen and roll. It was totally predictable, because it’s what Tony Bennett teams always do. I wondered how we would counter out, and we simply had nothing to counter it, so our high ball screens just didn’t produce any offense tonight.

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
They took away the role and any point guard penetration at the start of the office. Made us a perimeter team again. We made shots in the first half and didn’t make the shots in the second half. They made shots and beat us.

Ask for points in the paint, their structured offense with down screens and curls gave them a lot more opportunities to get the ball in the paint then our perimeter passing did
Exactly. You beat me to it.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
The way they hedge ball screens with their bigs totally takes away the pass on the screen and roll. It was totally predictable, because it’s what Tony Bennett teams always do. I wondered how we would counter out, and we simply had nothing to counter it, so our high ball screens just didn’t produce any offense tonight.
The team likely practiced how to attack that defense. Doing it in practice is very different than against UVA. They are very good at what they do. Freshmen trying to pick and roll against UVA is a tall ask.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Petersons speech pattern combined with his gum line equate to an individual im not following for financial advice.
All that aside, I’ve made a lot of money using his handicapping. I’ve crushed college hoops past two years.

I disagree with him on tomorrow’s game, but the dude is a machine, and he breaks down every game. Gotta respect the hustle!
I don't know who THIS Peterson ******* is but that's 3 Petersons I know of and I don't like any of the 3.

There's the jerk that ruined our sports programs, this betting one and a Peterson at work that's a PITA. Someone needs to cut down all the Peterson family trees and burn all the acorns.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
I know this is just sour grapes at this point but can I say how much UVA’s patented dilly dallying after made baskets piss me off? The refs will let them clear 10 seconds off the clock before inbounding it. Just once I want them to grow the balls to call a delay of game technical on that gamesmanship.