1/20 - MBB vs. UVA

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the match-up I've really looking forward to watching. How will the pro-light sets of GT faire against the quintessential college scheme guy in UVA? Does GT stagnate or does Baye eat UVA alive at the pocket?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is the match-up I've really looking forward to watching. How will the pro-light sets of GT faire against the quintessential college scheme guy in UVA? Does GT stagnate or does Baye eat UVA alive at the pocket?
UVA will be disciplined enough to have help in the paint against the roll or pocket pass. To do this they have to give up the backside wing (usually corner). I expect they worked with Ndongo a lot this week on making that backside pass.

The other 2 "issues" for our set will be the UVA guard aggressively fighting over the screen so the big doesn't hedge but can go with Ndongo or the aggressive hedge that UVA likes to do to force the guard far out and reset the offense. Pocket pass can be really effective against the aggressive hedge if we are prepared.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Petersons speech pattern combined with his gum line equate to an individual im not following for financial advice.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Petersons speech pattern combined with his gum line equate to an individual im not following for financial advice.
All that aside, I’ve made a lot of money using his handicapping. I’ve crushed college hoops past two years.

I disagree with him on tomorrow’s game, but the dude is a machine, and he breaks down every game. Gotta respect the hustle!

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
All that aside, I’ve made a lot of money using his handicapping. I’ve crushed college hoops past two years.

I disagree with him on tomorrow’s game, but the dude is a machine, and he breaks down every game. Gotta respect the hustle!
Maybe I should set it aside as well because im getting murdered this year.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Maybe I should set it aside as well because im getting murdered this year.
Not to hijack the thread, but below are my pays since Wednesday using his handicapping as largely the basis:

1/17 Kentucky / Miami ML 1U 👎
1/17 UMASS + 3.5 1U💰
1/17 Holy Cross + 5 1U 💰
1/17 Radford / Longwood ML 1U 👎
1/17 Houston - 12.5 1U 💰
1/18 Northeastern / SCA ML 1U 👎
1/18 Northern Kentucy ML (-130) 1U 💰
1/18 South Florida + 11 1U 💰
1/18 Utah / Oregon State U144 2U 💰
1/19: Wisconsin / Quinnipiac ML 1U 💰
1/19: Xavier / VCU / Quinnipiac 2U 💰

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
1705772421982.jpeg

Super hyped. YELLLLLOOOWWW!!!

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
That’s a frustrating loss. From 11 up to losing by 9. Home court has definitely not been there for us this year. ND & UVA both got their first road wins against us. I know it’s easy to be a homer, but I think we are better than them. McNeely hit two desperate 3’s at the end of the clock, for which I give him credit. They were stronger in the paint than us. Ndongo finally turned it on later in the second half, but they gave him trouble in there. On to the next one, I guess.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
One other thing, the end of that first half shows us how important it is to have George on the floor. He got his second foul with around 2:00 left, so coach pulled him out. We looked lost, including that final inbounds pass that led to the buzzer beater. They should not have touched the ball to end the half. That was a huge play. I actually wish they would have brought George in right there and let him throw the ball in with 2.5 seconds left.