1/20 - MBB vs. UVA

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
That good old song of Wahoowa, we'll wreck 'em o'er and o'er
It cheers our hearts and warms our blood to see Nait score and score.
We come from old McCamish where all 3s fall for Tech,
Let's all join hands and give a yell for dear old Ramblin' Wreck!

TICKETS: https://ramblinwreck.evenue.net/cgi...=&dataAccId=314&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_gatech

AJC and RamblinWreck.com Inside the Chart coming soon. Keep it rolling!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
That good old song of Wahoowa, we'll wreck 'em o'er and o'er
It cheers our hearts and warms our blood to see Nait score and score.
We come from old McCamish where all 3s fall for Tech,
Let's all join hands and give a yell for dear old Ramblin' Wreck!

TICKETS: https://ramblinwreck.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS:IBM:B23:B09:&linkID=gatech&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=MB-S&cgc=&dataAccId=314&locale=en_US&siteId=ev_gatech

AJC and RamblinWreck.com Inside the Chart coming soon. Keep it rolling!
Impressive. You’re in rare form tonight. I’m sure you’ll bring it to McCamish on Saturday.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’m already looking forward to it! It will be interesting to see if we can build off the road win! Hope we can generate some energy. I hate UVA damn near as much as Duke & UNC.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It looks like our biggest advantage is on the offensive glass. Virginia ranks 201st in the nation in opponents offensive rebounding percentage. The Hoos also rank 79th in the nation in three point shooting while we hold opponents to just 30.7% on the season. UVA has also lost four consecutive road games by an average of 20 ppg, including a 22 point thrashing at the hands of Notre Dame of all teams. If we keep McNeeley and Dunn under control this could be another nice victory.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow
It looks like our biggest advantage is on the offensive glass. Virginia ranks 201st in the nation in opponents offensive rebounding percentage. The Hoos also rank 79th in the nation in three point shooting while we hold opponents to just 30.7% on the season. UVA has also lost four consecutive road games by an average of 20 ppg, including a 22 point thrashing at the hands of Notre Dame of all teams. If we keep McNeeley and Dunn under control this could be another nice victory.
Get a peek at VA & VT tonite
Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Virginia Tech
10-6
at
Virginia
11-5
7:00 PM
ESPNU

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
UVA is 0-4 in true road games this season, and they haven't really been competitive in any of them.

Memphis L 54-77
Notre Dame L 54-76
NC State L 60-76
Wake Forest L 47-66

We just have to ensure that we a.) give the Jackets a homecourt advantage and b.) that the team doesn't have a let down.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
UVA is 0-4 in true road games this season, and they haven't really been competitive in any of them.

Memphis L 54-77
Notre Dame L 54-76
NC State L 60-76
Wake Forest L 47-66

We just have to ensure that we a.) give the Jackets a homecourt advantage and b.) that the team doesn't have a let down.

Underperforming the spread by -19.8 points per game on the road vs outperforming the number by +5.2 ppg at home. Very Jekyll and Hyde

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
@devcon make sure you and your fellow students are well…ummm…hydrated and ready to shape the outcome of this game too. I’ll be the one asking for more noise from 102! We need a $2 beer night like UConn is doing for Creighton.

All hands on deck for this one.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
@devcon make sure you and your fellow students are well…ummm…hydrated and ready to shape the outcome of this game too. I’ll be the one asking for more noise from 102! We need a $2 beer night like UConn is doing for Creighton.

$5 funnels with a whiskey chaser. This is the ACC, need to start acting like it again.

devcon

Georgia Tech Fan

It’s wet weekend. We will be on deck one way or the other.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
It's a snow day here in NE KY. I wish the game was today......

Snow Day GIF by Demic

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Saw that Greg "Hoops" Peterson had UVA listed as 5pt favorite on Saturday in his look ahead line.

If we're catching 5 at home tomorrow, I'm dumping my entire bankroll on the ML!

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If we shoot like we did at Littlejohn I like our chances. Pack Line is hard to penetrate but it will give up a lot of 3's - especially on the back side.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
If we shoot like we did at Littlejohn I like our chances. Pack Line is hard to penetrate but it will give up a lot of 3's - especially on the back side.
How Nait plays against the Packline Defense will be both challenging and go a long way in determining the game's outcome. This will be CDS first time coaching against the UVA defense. Those are big unknowns as to how well we play.

This should be an challenging game. Can our guys deal with the UVA pace of play? I sure hope so. UVA is never real fun to watch play but generally they dictate the way the game is played.

This would be a very big win at home for the good guys!

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
How Nait plays against the Packline Defense will be both challenging and go a long way in determining the game's outcome. This will be CDS first time coaching against the UVA defense. Those are big unknowns as to how well we play.

This should be an challenging game. Can our guys deal with the UVA pace of play? I sure hope so. UVA is never real fun to watch play but generally they dictate the way the game is played.

This would be a very big win at home for the good guys!
Good post. UVA is a difficult test with their stingy D.