1/16 - MBB vs. Clemson

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I lost track of how many we hit but after Ndongo missed the front of 1-1, we didn’t miss another FT. At least 8-8… I might be forgetting a couple.

Nait made big shot after big shot. Just clutch.

Gutsy D down the stretch. I didn’t know if the zone was the right call, but after Clems first possession, they had a hard time figuring it out… and we actually got some boards.

Great win.
Huge road win.
Slide stopped.
Hopefully corner turned.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The officials made horrible calls from when I started watching at 8 minutes left in the 2nd half. They were pushing us out of the way to get offensive rebounds all game. Debo does it and we get called for the foul. Nait's toe was clearly behind the line and they review it and don't overturn the call. The side angle shows irrefutable evidence he was behind the line. Reeves clearly gets the shot off before the clock and they roll the game clock back to when the buzzer went off. That's not the right call. Since the ball had left Reeves hand, the clock doesn't stop until the ball lands, that's 2.2 seconds or less. Horrible officiating to end the game. No clear evidence that Kelly touched the ball when they called out-of-bounds under our basket with 2.5 in the 1st overtime. Ball doesn't change rotation, which indicates it didn't touch him. They review it and can't get it right. Horrible officiating.

We overcame that. Nait was Money. Ndongo was money. Kelley stepped up when he was need. Sturdivant money from the line when the pressure was on. Claude money from the line when the pressure was on. Fantastic effort.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Woo Hoo. So happy for these young men. Man, if we had an ACC caliber post guy, this team would be really good. I thought they would kill us on the glass, and they did. But our 3's beat their 2nd chance points. Great winn.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Wow! What a game!!!!

Nait George!!! Ice in the veins, baby!
Sturdy with a huge game.
Kelly with some big buckets, and don’t overlook his defense of Girard all night.
Ndongo with another double-double.
Korner-pocket Kowacie!!!

If people can’t see what CDS is building, your missing it. These guys are playing hard. They are right there night after night. So happy they finally finished one.

I have to admit that those two bigs and their offensive rebounds were ticking me off. Lol
Hall is talented. I’m remember when we recruited him. Great talent.

Fun night!!!

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I lost track of how many we hit but after Ndongo missed the front of 1-1, we didn’t miss another FT. At least 8-8… I might be forgetting a couple.

Nait made big shot after big shot. Just clutch.

Gutsy D down the stretch. I didn’t know if the zone was the right call, but after Clems first possession, they had a hard time figuring it out… and we actually got some boards.

Great win.
Huge road win.
Slide stopped.
Hopefully corner turned.
Kelly missed the front end of his 2 shots. No other misses.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
The officials made horrible calls from when I started watching at 8 minutes left in the 2nd half. They were pushing us out of the way to get offensive rebounds all game. Debo does it and we get called for the foul. Nait's toe was clearly behind the line and they review it and don't overturn the call. The side angle shows irrefutable evidence he was behind the line. Reeves clearly gets the shot off before the clock and they roll the game clock back to when the buzzer went off. That's not the right call. Since the ball had left Reeves hand, the clock doesn't stop until the ball lands, that's 2.2 seconds or less. Horrible officiating to end the game. No clear evidence that Kelly touched the ball when they called out-of-bounds under our basket with 2.5 in the 1st overtime. Ball doesn't change rotation, which indicates it didn't touch him. They review it and can't get it right. Horrible officiating.

We overcame that. Nait was Money. Ndongo was money. Kelley stepped up when he was need. Sturdivant money from the line when the pressure was on. Claude money from the line when the pressure was on. Fantastic effort.
The only part I disagree with is the OOB on Kelly. They called it that way and there wasn’t enough to overturn it. But they damn sure blew the others you mentioned.
Best part is we overcame it all.
Gutty win.