1/16 - MBB vs. Clemson

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Let's get the first W of 2024. Granted, historically Littlejohn has been tough for us.

They've killed us there over the years. It's like a litany of nightmares- Horace Grant and all the other Grants, Elden Campbell, McIntyre, Blossengame, Oglesby, Rivers, etc. Damn. Somehow they get blistering hot when they play us.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
They've killed us there over the years. It's like a litany of nightmares- Horace Grant and all the other Grants, Elden Campbell, McIntyre, Blossengame, Oglesby, Rivers, etc. Damn. Somehow they get blistering hot when they play us.
Agreed. It sucks every time we play there. We are playing poorly as of late. The fans are questioning our coaching hire. Support for our veterans is faltering. The highest rated recruit from the Pastner era is being called chunky and is being predicted as a likely transfer. What we are doing on the floor just isn't working.

This is usually when the team throws a rope around the fan base and reels you back in.

Good guys by 9

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. It sucks every time we play there. We are playing poorly as of late. The fans are questioning our coaching hire. Support for our veterans is faltering. The highest rated recruit from the Pastner era is being called chunky and is being predicted as a likely transfer. What we are doing on the floor just isn't working.

This is usually when the team throws a rope around the fan base and reels you back in.

Good guys by 9
I think your general premise is correct. People begin to contemplate what they can do with all their extra time now that they are no longer watching Tech basketball and then a little ray of hope starts to creep back in.

spdrama

Jolly Good Fellow

Good guys by 9
It’s difficult for anyone to say we are playing well when the team loses. The veterans returned from a losing team so not sure there was great support for them from the start of the season. Deebo was on a regression path since he arrived and is ok off the bench, but really has no role. Sturdivant has a role off the bench, but lacks the speed & consistency to contribute to winning. We have 4 ACC caliber players that can win & even one of them is still a bit of a project. Maybe one of two more projects that could develop in future seasons.

So if some fans, inexplicably, are going to measure CDS’s first season by wins & losses, they might already question the hire. Other fans might see improvement, despite losing, in the little things that will ultimately lead to a winning mentality, like toughness, communication & teamwork.

Truth is we have 4 and a winning team needs at least 4+1+1+1. Predicting results this year is definitely a losing endeavor, but I very much like a mindset that says Tech by 9 at Littlejohn.

Attachments

• IMG_4895.jpeg
    IMG_4895.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
It’s difficult for anyone to say we are playing well when the team loses. The veterans returned from a losing team so not sure there was great support for them from the start of the season. Deebo was on a regression path since he arrived and is ok off the bench, but really has no role. Sturdivant has a role off the bench, but lacks the speed & consistency to contribute to winning. We have 4 ACC caliber players that can win & even one of them is still a bit of a project. Maybe one of two more projects that could develop in future seasons.

So if some fans, inexplicably, are going to measure CDS’s first season by wins & losses, they might already question the hire. Other fans might see improvement, despite losing, in the little things that will ultimately lead to a winning mentality, like toughness, communication & teamwork.

Truth is we have 4 and a winning team needs at least 4+1+1+1. Predicting results this year is definitely a losing endeavor, but I very much like a mindset that says Tech by 9 at Littlejohn.
I tend to speak hyperbolically with the hopes of providing a bit of humor at times.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think that people are so accustomed to you ****ting on everything GT hoops that you have lost the benefit of the doubt. 🤷‍♂️
Two tournaments and six winning seasons in 15 years. The CBB universe isnt confined to this message board and the 5000 ft view from a national perspective is what it is. Some people love unconditionally, some people are comfortable telling the truth.

That said, Im trying to be more positive these days. 🤷‍♂️

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Ian Schiefflin is a guy you need to look out for. He's been playing with his hair on fire recently and will probably Ryan Young us this game.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Moving on from the soft side of Peacone we experienced at Pooh Corner o_O, Duke hurt us with going big at the 4 with Young. That is Clemson's base set with Schefflin. I hope to Pooh Corner that we don't see Claude playing the 4 again and either Gapare or Coleman can play hard enough for us not to get hurt there. Could be wrong but I am OK with Ndongo against Hall.

I don't think Girard is much for pressure defense so I would put whomever he is guarding in the high ball screen so we don't get pushed out starting our offense.

There is certainly a reason we will be the underdog but I can see a pathway. It's that Peacone optimism in me. :sneaky:(y)

Damn it - I won't take so long to type next time to get ahead of AUFC :shifty:

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Is anybody venturing up 85 for this one? I'd love to be there and am sure it's going to be a great atmosphere but the 9pm tip makes it pretty untenable for me with an early morning tomorrow.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
If people are already judging this hire with negative returns, they should just go away and never come back.

It's far too soon.

P$ - I'm $ure tho$e people have done nothing for the cau$e. That'$ u$ually the ca$e with our fan$.
I’m about as diehard a GT fan as it comes. I’ve seen bad, very bad and really ……. bad.

That being said, GT basketball for a very long time has been hard to watch. I can understand fans that have given up and those without a lot of patience. I still watch almost very game wire to wire. The games this year have been interesting, frustrating often but not unwatchable and for the most part entertaining. Making progress and it looks like Stoudamire has a plan, just need 3-4 more pieces.

I don’t support Basketball financially in any way whatsoever. Just not practical for me with my schedule, but I hope soon the interest is back.