Young players key on offense next season

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
We have four SRs at Aback,none of which are outstanding so far.Would one of these graduate early.Zenon,Bostic? We don't need limited exp going into '15.

I have little confidence the OL will get better next yrIf same coaching---ug! also,.Losing the key position man,Finch, hurts badly.People think Burden will sub ok? Off a serious injury and ZERO exp .Pleeze.

Custis may be good but he is learning a new "up" position not to mention the "speed of game".

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
I am hoping getting Autry back at WR will be a big plus as well. He seemed to have a good connection with Vad the first half of his freshman year. I could see him taking the starting spot over Waller.

I am hoping getting Autry back at WR will be a big plus as well. He seemed to have a good connection with Vad the first half of his freshman year. I could see him taking the starting spot over Waller.

A smallish guy that is under 185lbs. and coming off of TWO consecutive ACL injuries, why do you think he'll be a big plus for us next yr?

2 ACLs is not good for any player, there are only so many Thomas Davis stories (Carolina Panthers-LB) that turn out well.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
If we were to go to a run-and-shoot type of offense, I think Days and Perkins would be excellent ball carriers. Laskey would also still be good, but maybe with not as much break-away speed.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I still think Snoddy will back up Laskey next year. Fans talk of Custis coming in just like they did Vad Lee and being a savior. Not fair to the player IMO. The college game is much different than the HS game. It takes time to get acclimated.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I still think Snoddy will back up Laskey next year. Fans talk of Custis coming in just like they did Vad Lee and being a savior. Not fair to the player IMO. The college game is much different than the HS game. It takes time to get acclimated.

I would be surprised to see Snoddy at 2...the coaches expect Custis to be the #2 this Fall. Will be fun to watch him in the Spring and see where hes at.

yellowRambler

Jolly Good Fellow
I will be disappointed if Laskey starts. Just don't think Laskey has the cutting ability or elusiveness of Custis. Watching Custis tear it in up in high school makes me think he'll be way better than Sims and Laskey.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I would not be surprised to see Snoddy at AB next year.

I would also love to see a speed set with Snoddy(AB), JT(QB), Bostic(WR), Days(AB), Smelter(WR), and Custis(BB).

Bostic may not return, but that combo could be lethal with some good linemen.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
I would not be surprised to see Snoddy at AB next year.

I would also love to see a speed set with Snoddy(AB), JT(QB), Bostic(WR), Days(AB), Smelter(WR), and Custis(BB).

Bostic may not return, but that combo could be lethal with some good linemen.

Days, Smelter and Custis are not speed guys. We know two are solid players but they probably aren't going to outrun many people to the end zone. We know nothing about Custis. Everyone was a stud in high school. Remember Vad was a stud and look where he is at.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I would be surprised to see Snoddy at 2...the coaches expect Custis to be the #2 this Fall. Will be fun to watch him in the Spring and see where hes at.
Eric,
Is Custis enrolling in the fall or is it possible that he might enroll for this spring semester and get to go through spring ball, much the same as an early enrollee would be able to do?

jchens_GT

Ramblin' Wreck
Eric,
Is Custis enrolling in the fall or is it possible that he might enroll for this spring semester and get to go through spring ball, much the same as an early enrollee would be able to do?

I'm not eric, but that is exactly what Custis is doing. He is enrolling for spring semester and will participate in spring practice.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Days, Smelter and Custis are not speed guys. We know two are solid players but they probably aren't going to outrun many people to the end zone. We know nothing about Custis. Everyone was a stud in high school. Remember Vad was a stud and look where he is at.

Days and Smelter are good blockers though.