Yellow....Jackets cheer

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow
That's currently against Georgia law, isn't it? That's a double-edged sword there. It would probably be a good thing at BDS, but can you imagine what it would like at Sanford and Son Stadium if they allowed alcohol to be sold there? You've probably already got at least 25 % of those in attendance drunk, and you want to add more? That would make it an even worse place to go than it is now.

Make it BDS policy to only serve people wearing Georgia Tech apparel.

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck
Piped in music is the worst change to BDS in the last 20 years...maybe more. It takes away from our band, screws up cheers and fight songs, distracts fans from the game as they look for themselves onnthe damn Jumbotron....sigh.

But to make matters worse...and it really pisses me off. Whoever is running that crap is blasting it when our OFFENSE has the ball and is in the huddle!! YTF are we making it hard for our guys in the huddle?!?! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

100% agree. I hope somebody on this site with some juice can find a way to talk to those people so they can stop blasting music when we have the ball. It's excruciating to hear and it's the worst thing about being at the game.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
OK, I will admit that I’m 62 years old and I hate most of the music they play. Having said that however , a lot of our students, players, and younger fans do like it. Maybe they can reach a happy medium where they are piping in the music only one or two times per quarter. The rest of the time, leave it to the band, cheerleaders , etc. so it gets the people in the stands involved. Have it coordinated so the band knows when they were expected to play.

Totally disagree. We've seen the crowds get turnt up with PA music for years, and the players seem to love it.

And I disagree with you. It wasn't the music in that clip that you showed that fired up the crowd; it was the players on the screen. They could have fired up the crowd with virtually any kind of energetic music. Where I sit, unless it is done in that manner and in circumstances like that on the field in that video, nobody responds to the music at all, other than complaining that you can't hear anything else but the music.

burlgt

Georgia Tech Fan
Solicitor Jacket wrote: "The other thought is that they have the jumbotron stuff in programmed blocks and either dont know or dont care to do "flow of the game" drop ins."

They've admitted this to me.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Solicitor Jacket wrote: "The other thought is that they have the jumbotron stuff in programmed blocks and either dont know or dont care to do "flow of the game" drop ins."

They've admitted this to me.

Well, that sucks. [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't like the loud canned music myself. There are a lot of things that take away from the fan experience these days, but if the players and younger fans like it, it's probably OK. The cartoon whistle after each first down took some getting used to, but I like it now.

We have a really good hockey team here in Charleston, but the one thing I don't enjoy about the games is the loud heavy metal during timeouts. Sometimes the music continues during the faceoff. I guess it's cheaper than paying an organist...

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I don't like the loud canned music myself. There are a lot of things that take away from the fan experience these days, but if the players and younger fans like it, it's probably OK.

I think they don’t know better. When you go to a game with a great band, it’s awesome. The Braves don’t have a band, that’s why they used the piped in BS and the graphics.

I love it when both teams have great bands and it’s literally a battle of the bands. I’m sick of trying to copy AA baseball.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
And I disagree with you. It wasn't the music in that clip that you showed that fired up the crowd; it was the players on the screen. They could have fired up the crowd with virtually any kind of energetic music. Where I sit, unless it is done in that manner and in circumstances like that on the field in that video, nobody responds to the music at all, other than complaining that you can't hear anything else but the music.
Dude. There is a clip of our team chanting “all the way turnt up” in the locker room after the game. If you don’t think that song meant something to the team, you’re wrong.

I’m all for everyone’s opinion on what music is good or not, but chosen correctly, piped in music definitely has the potential to get both the players and fans moving.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The only regret i would have trading my 2 alcorn seats for 1 Clemson seat i would miss the alcorn band.
Lots of loud drums, trumpets ...they are great.

The way we played in the second half of the duke game its likely we piped in our bands performance into locker room. Its a nice low key xylophone and flute fest and the players went to sleep.

Love our band when the " turn it up..."

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
In my experience the quality and intensity of Tech's cheering is directly proportional to the quality of Tech's play on the field. Same as most places. Play well and the crowd gets into it. Play poorly and you take the energy out of the crowd. If Tech was up 4 touchdowns at home over UGA with 2:00 minutes to play (even Tech wouldn't blow that lead often), the house would be rocking with "Yellow...Jackets" for quite a while.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm 65 ( I know I'm old ) I really don't give a rats back end if they pipe in Music . I like to hear the band . If the players like it fine. But thinking back I have not heard one player say we lost the game because they didn't play music or they did . Play what you want and win that is all I ask.

techfan4

Georgia Tech Fan
Piped in music can be great if the players like it and the crowd engages. "All the way turnt up" was great for that VT game and that season, and I'm fine with piped in music of that variety (but I don't mean keep playing "All the way turnt up" or the band continuing to play "Put On").

But Cotton Eyed Joe? Ugh. It's like a 10 year olds birthday party at times.