Yellow....Jackets cheer

joehamiltonfan14

Jolly Good Fellow
is it just me or was this noticeably absent at BDS this fall? It’s probably our coolest cheer and sounds awesome when the entire stadium does it. Is there a reason we hardly did it this year?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
I sit in the NE corner near the students and every time we would get one going alumni to students the PA guy would start blasting music. Same thing whenever the bad was playing and it wasn't Budweiser or post scoring.

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Occasionally in the past they would have players leading it via pre-recorded video on the Jumbotron.

It is so conspicuously absent the last couple of years that it makes me think it has to do with ad placement and by extension $$$$.

The other thought is that they have the jumbotron stuff in programmed blocks and either dont know or dont care to do "flow of the game" drop ins.

I sit in the NE corner near the students and every time we would get one going alumni to students the PA guy would start blasting music. Same thing whenever the bad was playing and it wasn't Budweiser or post scoring.
I have noticed the mostly unwelcome PA music the past two years. I think it's done pretty much everywhere, but it's a terrible idea and dampens much of the game atmosphere, not just at BDS, but everywhere. The band used to play often during the games, and not just the two trademark songs, and the cheerleaders actually used to lead cheers. Sad that those things are passe these days, at least at Tech.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I noticed the same thing. It seems like a lot of stadiums are going to the loud music format whenever there is a break in action. I seldom see this having the result of getting the fans more involved in the game. Give me more cheers, band playing, etc. and less canned music being thrown in for no purpose. If you’re going to use the loud music over the Jumbotron, do what GT did a few years ago and have players onscreen reacting to it.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Piped in music is the worst change to BDS in the last 20 years...maybe more. It takes away from our band, screws up cheers and fight songs, distracts fans from the game as they look for themselves onnthe damn Jumbotron....sigh.

But to make matters worse...and it really pisses me off. Whoever is running that crap is blasting it when our OFFENSE has the ball and is in the huddle!! YTF are we making it hard for our guys in the huddle?!?! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

jacobchbe

Jolly Good Fellow
Piped in music is the worst change to BDS in the last 20 years...maybe more. It takes away from our band, screws up cheers and fight songs, distracts fans from the game as they look for themselves onnthe damn Jumbotron....sigh.

But to make matters worse...and it really pisses me off. Whoever is running that crap is blasting it when our OFFENSE has the ball and is in the huddle!! YTF are we making it hard for our guys in the huddle?!?! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Dawg moles running the panel like in the admissions office.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree about piped in music. There is one silver lining though. As a long time brass player in the band, sometimes my chops would be worn out by the fourth quarter from playing as loud as possible during the first three quarters. With more breaks, it was easier to play super loud the whole game. As the trombone section always says after being given any instructions, I heard “Play louder!”

stech81

Helluva Engineer

I agree 1000 %

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We should do the YJ cheer while the players are walking to the tunnel.
Bingo we have the winner!
One plan
After buzz does the (IMO lame) run and do a flop flip as he leads team on field , he runs center of field , with the camera on him to get the yellow jacket cheer started. He could use a taberine to get attention like crazy George did during the luv ya blue days - Houston! Oilers! At a time in game when needed for a boost - the camera focus on buzz and here we go.
The winner is dustman since it
GIVES THE LATE ARRIVERS SOMETHING TO MISS?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad someone else thinks the piped in muzak sucks big time. It disturbs everything and takes initiative away from the crowd.

The biggest problem = it makes the band a second fiddle. Some of you liked the Purdue cheers I posted a few days ago. Their band is extremely active during their games and has signature riffs that signal crowd cheers. You can hardly hear our band over the muzak after some plays.

I say to <the infernal region> with it. We need to get the crowd to make the noise.

We need to serve alcohol in the stadium. Not only will it increase revenue it will get our lame fans out of their seats.
That's currently against Georgia law, isn't it? That's a double-edged sword there. It would probably be a good thing at BDS, but can you imagine what it would like at Sanford and Son Stadium if they allowed alcohol to be sold there? You've probably already got at least 25 % of those in attendance drunk, and you want to add more? That would make it an even worse place to go than it is now.