Yellow Jacket Issues

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
1. First lets not bash all the players, you can't win a game alone. So by making statements like we have no talent is weak.

2. Coach Speed is a great coach but it is his first year coaching DB's. It is clear that there is a lot of coverage issues. Don't take my Word for it. Watch the film. The players seemed confused. They are not communicating. Jamea is playing very aggressive right now but Lou seems to be regressing. GT needs a seasoned DB coach. One who can really push the DB's to the next level. I feel that Jamea and Griffin should be the safeties. Both can cover and stop the run. Many forgot Griffin because he got injured last year. Guys trust me he is a head hunter with speed and good hands. If he didn't ,,would you trust him to return kicks. He didn't take it to the house like Golden but he didn't make a any mistakes either.

3. Attaochu needs to be a linebacker.

4. The offense needs to implement quick short passes in the game plan. Routes are taking to long to develop.

5. Vad is going to be fine. He needed these games to realize that he needs to pull away from the media and get back to work. Real QB work.

6. Coach J needs to pull his team together. Yelling and cursing is not going to work this time. He has to find a way to get them to trust each other. Separation is beginning to develop. He also needs to think about writing down his game plan for review or hire a offensive coordinator.

7. Guys GT has a lot of talent , I think that many are playing in the wrong position

just my thoughts guys. I am hoping for the best.

ToddM

And all of that can be warped up in one word, frustrating !

I agree with your statements and analysis.

It looks like we are really playing a 3-4 still. Gostis development may be covering it up but all we are doing is moving Attouchu around and having him come out of a 3 point stance. I agree it may serve us better to actually be in a straight up 3-3-5. Attouchu would have more freedom of movement and wouldn't have to drive the Ends back 10 yards to get to the QB.

Vad will be better after the BYU game but here again if we lose next week the pressure will be even greater. Hard environment t to learn in.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
1. First lets not bash all the players, you can't win a game alone. So by making statements like we have no talent is weak.

2. Coach Speed is a great coach but it is his first year coaching DB's. It is clear that there is a lot of coverage issues. Don't take my Word for it. Watch the film. The players seemed confused. They are not communicating. Jamea is playing very aggressive right now but Lou seems to be regressing. GT needs a seasoned DB coach. One who can really push the DB's to the next level. I feel that Jamea and Griffin should be the safeties. Both can cover and stop the run. Many forgot Griffin because he got injured last year. Guys trust me he is a head hunter with speed and good hands. If he didn't ,,would you trust him to return kicks. He didn't take it to the house like Golden but he didn't make a any mistakes either.

4. The offense needs to implement quick short passes in the game plan. Routes are taking to long to develop.

5. Vad is going to be fine. He needed these games to realize that he needs to pull away from the media and get back to work. Real QB work.

6. Coach J needs to pull his team together. Yelling and cursing is not going to work this time. He has to find a way to get them to trust each other. Separation is beginning to develop. He also needs to think about writing down his game plan for review or hire a offensive coordinator.

7. Guys GT has a lot of talent , I think that many are playing in the wrong position

Agree with everything you stated.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
And all of that can be warped up in one word, frustrating !

I agree with your statements and analysis.

It looks like we are really playing a 3-4 still. Gostis development may be covering it up but all we are doing is moving Attouchu around and having him come out of a 3 point stance. I agree it may serve us better to actually be in a straight up 3-3-5. Attouchu would have more freedom of movement and wouldn't have to drive the Ends back 10 yards to get to the QB.

Vad will be better after the BYU game but here again if we lose next week the pressure will be even greater. Hard environment t to learn in.
Great input Coach.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Speed coaches the corners
Roof the safeties
We just need a passing offenseperiod
But the coach is to stubborn to do so
Watch how FSU gets winston into a rhythm with short and intermediate routes
Smh nevermind just need a new coach

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
I read a statement complaining that Justin thew a int. Justin should not have been in the game after taking that hit. Guys he is a warrior but he was dazed. Watch his body language when he gets up.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Roof the safeties
Smh nevermind just need a new coach[/qu
lol. Don't give up on them yet coach.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
Roof the safeties
Smh nevermind just need a new coach
Don't give up on them yet coach.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

Some good points here.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
When it is 3rd and 7, and you are on their side of the field, And we throw 30 yards downfield, I question the play calling. Everybody in the stadium knew that we would take two downs to get the first, but we took that option away by missing the long ball.

Why not either throw a short route, or even run. Running is what our offense does... I just don't get what Johnson was thinking. I honestly think he is losing his ability to "feel" the game.

Coach Johnson is a mastermind of his offense, he really is, but there is a point in every man's life where Age catches up to you and you are simply not as sharp as you once were.

I keep seeing obvious situations in the game, just like the above reference, where we can extend the drive and possible put points on the board, but we throw it away, literally by our play calling.

I can't help but think something is wrong with Johnson. I know Coach is a grumpy old cuss, but this year it seems like he is an especially grumpy old cuss

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
When it is 3rd and 7, and you are on their side of the field, And we throw 30 yards downfield, I question the play calling. Everybody in the stadium knew that we would take two downs to get the first, but we took that option away by missing the long ball.

Why not either throw a short route, or even run. Running is what our offense does... I just don't get what Johnson was thinking. I honestly think he is losing his ability to "feel" the game.

Coach Johnson is a mastermind of his offense, he really is, but there is a point in every man's life where Age catches up to you and you are simply not as sharp as you once were.

I keep seeing obvious situations in the game, just like the above reference, where we can extend the drive and possible put points on the board, but we throw it away, literally by our play calling.

I can't help but think something is wrong with Johnson. I know Coach is a grumpy old cuss, but this year it seems like he is an especially grumpy old cuss
I think what is happening to CPJ is that he is overthinking his offense. On that sequence that you were talking about, he was probably thinking that the defense knew Tech would run it and was hoping they would sell out on the run, thus opening the deep pass. The only problem was Miami didn't sell out against the run. They saw it coming a mile away and made a good stop. Personally, I think it has become time to simply move on. I love CPJ and his offense to death, BUT this is getting absolutely frustrating watching CPJ getting outcoached and outsmarted week in and week out.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I think what is happening to CPJ is that he is overthinking his offense. On that sequence that you were talking about, he was probably thinking that the defense knew Tech would run it and was hoping they would sell out on the run, thus opening the deep pass. The only problem was Miami didn't sell out against the run. They saw it coming a mile away and made a good stop. Personally, I think it has become time to simply move on. I love CPJ and his offense to death, BUT this is getting absolutely frustrating watching CPJ getting outcoached and outsmarted week in and week out.

I completely agree, I have moved on, and I know many Tech men that have as well. We are a divided fan base. I just hope it doesn't get as bad as it was under Gailey.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Both QB's can make that pass. They have done it before.

Hey Guys don't give up on these young men because you don't like the coach. I am going to continue to support these young men!!!!!!
I haven't given up on the players just yet. I've given up on CPJ's ability to be the coach here. At this point, I'm not sure we will be able to get any better with the coaching staff that we have, and yes I know a good number of people will probably disagree with me on that.

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
I haven't given up on the players just yet. I've given up on CPJ's ability to be the coach here. At this point, I'm not sure we will be able to get any better with the coaching staff that we have, and yes I know a good number of people will probably disagree with me on that.
I feel ya coach!

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
i am still wearing my GT gear proudly today, but don't count me among the people who think ship is headed in the right direction.

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
For years now we have been on the Vad "hype" waiting for his turn to start. He is a work in progress. I am no football expert but this offense sounds like it's hard to learn. Did we expect him to come out and play like a Heisman trophy candidate this year? I want this team to succeed just as bad as everyone else. They need our support right now. I refuse to give up on them.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Nice OP.

#4 (more quick route passes) is something the CPJ seems to have forgot or something VL isn't doing well (reading at LOS or through his progressions).

I agree with others that maybe CPJ needs to jot down a few things regarding a "plan" instead of doing it all out of his head. I think he forgets about certain plays during the heat of the moment. Yes, the long pass is a thing of beauty when it works, but is high risk/reward... too often we've been on the wrong side of the equation.