1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Yates, the leader.

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by boger2337, Feb 9, 2019.

1. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

I’ll never forget when Duke came from way back to beat us in 2016. We’ll, they SHOULD have beat us as we were 3rd and 20 from our own end zone. JeT scrambled for like 50 yards and saved the game. He came back out after the game blowing kisses and rounding the field slapping 5s with fans.

GTRock, furant, H-Wade and 5 others like this.
  2. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

One of the best individual performances ever put on by a Tech football player.

furant and Gtbowhunter90 like this.
  3. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

Tough act to follow.
    We were loaded w back ups ready to take over. Then suddenly we had only t marshall who had little. qb experience.

Warrior is his best trait.

4. iceeater1969

iceeater1969 Helluva Engineer

Agree he has talent ( 6a championship) and snap (IVY league offers), but his height 5 11 is an issue. I hope lj is so good we can redshirt him this year and let him watch till he s a r soph.
    Would love to see him be a chris milton like qb (ucf).
    Based on boomers take of his performance in 6a championsh game, he could be a natural like milton

5. SOWEGA Jacket

SOWEGA Jacket Jolly Good Fellow

I’m excited to see all the QB’s in action. Just watching Graham in pre-game drills had me impressed. Seeing Lucas Johnson last spring game has me excited. Watching Oliver score TD after TD last season has me excited. Watching Yates turn the knife on Probst was awesome. Same with our RB’s. We need high level competition in practice and a coach willing to play the best guy.

6. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

:rolleyes:

7. takethepoints

takethepoints Helluva Engineer

Leadership can be exercised in a variety of ways. Some are "vocal", some are leaders by performance. Frankly, I prefer the later and I think Yates is like that. With Nesbitt, JT, - dare I say it? - TaQuon, it was a matter of making it clear that you will expect everybody else to put in the same effort that you do. My favorite was the great pitch JT made to Hill in the 2014 Ugag game. He waited until two dwags had him in the grasp, then made the pitch. He was going to be slammed and he knew it, but he made a perfect pitch anyway. You see that and you know you have to get your own performance up to match.

After watching Yates take his team on his shoulders over and over in his film, I think his Milton teammates thought the same about him. And it worked.

Animal02 and iceeater1969 like this.
  8. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

Obviously it helped that we had Mills, but I thought JeT took charge in the BC game in Dublin, literally winning us to the win.

Animal02 likes this.
  9. GTballer21

GTballer21 Ramblin' Wreck

Sexy?

;)

kg01 and Augusta_Jacket like this.
  10. Gtbowhunter90

Gtbowhunter90 Helluva Engineer

He did.... hit Qua on the numbers when we were like 4th and 19???? JT did that so many times donning the White and Gold. His composure was God-Like.

11. wesgt123

wesgt123 Helluva Engineer

Don’t forget the beautiful pump fake he did to shake a defender then scramble for a crucial first down on that game winning drive.

☠CaptainBuzz☠ likes this.
  12. Supersizethatorder-mutt

Supersizethatorder-mutt Helluva Engineer

So you think :poop: is sexy? Hmmm. :confused: Sounds like you should be a mutt and not a Jacket. ;)

13. stech81

stech81 Helluva Engineer

Well now is a fine time to say he ain't , I'm almost finished with his statue to put in front of the Stadium. That took a lot of beer cans. :)

14. GTballer21

GTballer21 Ramblin' Wreck

I wish there was a “sarcasm” font

15. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Yates is an extremely hard working and smart kid. It’s good to see these guys reach out to each other and work out.
    With the number of QQ’s & RB already on the roster, fall camp is gonna be fun.

16. 1BearJACKET

1BearJACKET Helluva Engineer

Since we will be running an "NFL" type offense moving forward, I will be anxiously awaiting a prototypical NFL type QB either through the transfer portal or direct recruiting of HS QBs. In the meantime I expect that the best passer we have now is Lucas Johnson. I hope he can stay healthy this season.

iceeater1969 and Gtbowhunter90 like this.
  17. Jacket05

Jacket05 Ramblin' Wreck

Which NFL prototype are you looking for? A Matt Ryan prototype, a Drew Brees prototype, a Cam Newton prototype, a Russell Wilson prototype, a Patrick Mahomes prototype, or one of the other various types of QB prototypes in the NFL??? "NFL style offense" does not necessarily mean a drop back pocket passing QB run offense. The NFL is changing and runs a multitude of offensive styles (as CGC mentioned in his first press conference). We will likely be running a spread type offense where the skills at each position will translate to the NFL. We have plenty of QB options that can thrive in this type of offense.

18. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

He always seemed to have the "what is the big deal...we are supposed to win" attitude. Great Tech man. I would add Tevon in there too....took a lot of abuse from fans that wanted Vad to start. Though not the greatest arm, I think he had the best mastering of the 3O

19. Animal02

Animal02 Helluva Engineer

That is my line ;)

Whiskey_Clear and iceeater1969 like this.