Wright State - Opening Weekend

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Can't believe Simpson stole 2nd... he took the bat out of Parada's hands. Gotta have better situational awareness.

Sarcasm... but yeah, guess I found the hill I'll die on.

Why die on a hill for an argument no one is having? Just embrace the analytics overlords. It's easier that way. :devil:

Squints

Helluva Engineer
.215 since the start of the 2020 season. What is a big enough sample size?

Probably three or four weekends into conference play.

Sorry but two separate seasons spaced a year apart where each one had less then 90 plate appearances, one ended via global pandemic and the other affected by a major injury (which he was starting to heat up before it happened), is not enough for me when we have two full seasons of data where he played well and showed improvement across the board in the second one. Hitting .215 since the start of the 2020 season is definitely not great but you've stripped it of all context and passed it off as if that's his new normal. Just let the season play out a bit.

Also thumbs down to batting average. Look at the peripherals and the slash line. They're really not that different across all five of his years here at this point and some of them have improved over time.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Poor Wright State tonight, makes me thankful for what I do have.
Which part? Getting beat 26-3 in the first game of a double header against Oklahoma State? Or blowing a golden opportunity to get revenge in the second game, which Wright State led 6-2 entering the 9th inning only to lose 7-6 in extras?

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
Which part? Getting beat 26-3 in the first game of a double header against Oklahoma State? Or blowing a golden opportunity to get revenge in the second game, which Wright State led 6-2 entering the 9th inning only to lose 7-6 in extras?
Yes... they also still hadn't won since that heartbreaker against Tennessee.

They're like Charlie Brown meets Cumberland University.