Wright State - Opening Weekend

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Glad that @FredJacket is now responsible for this weekend's performance. (tic) Not my hex. I wasn't about to lead off ......

Here is some interesting stuff about Wright State. Channeling my inner Pastner, don't sleep on them.

Positive:
  • They had a higher end of 2021 season RPI (25) than we did (46). So they have a good program and have to be well coached given the level of recruited talent.
  • That's because they had a great winning percentage. 32-11 overall and 28-4 in Horizon League
  • They play a tough non-conference SoS - 17th last year.

Question marks

Here's Wright State stats for last year:
1644969080922.png

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wiley on TV broadcast (with Deck McGuire). Go JACKETS!!

Fri - Huff
Sat - Maxwell
Sun - Finateri

Got the beer in the cooler for tomorrow and then down to ATL. Gonna be fun!!!!!

Does anyone know if the stadium has open wi-fi? So I can do Sling on my Kindle (like better than phone).

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Got the beer in the cooler for tomorrow and then down to ATL. Gonna be fun!!!!!

Does anyone know if the stadium has open wi-fi? So I can do Sling on my Kindle (like better than phone).
There’s guest wifi on campus. Works pretty good from my experience.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Sounds like their Friday starter Ernst hasn’t pitched in a game in two years due to injury. Their Saturday pitcher Shirkwas 7-0 last year with a 2.01 ERA.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The ones that are loving us don't know Danny. The ones not so giddy do.

The one ranking (R1) is probably just the raw 2021 RPI before modifying for 2022. The ELO I looked up once and take SoS more into account. But Lucy has the ball in place for y'all who want to kick it again. I've tempered my expectations to 64% win% for regular season. That is a discount to the talent we have based on past performance. Wright State kicked *** last year compared to their recruited talent.

I'll be in chat when the game starts. Bunch of small things to power through with the excess energy till then.

FINALLY!!!!!!

slugboy

Staff member
Tomorrow’s game apparently on ACCNX. Hope y’all can figure out the streaming if you aren’t going in person