WR Coach Dixon to the Ravens

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
How do you know it is an upgrade?(we just hope for that) I'm just saying my bet is they getting AT LEAST as much as the leaving coach risk" and then having to add a "risk" yr to entice them to come.
A down grade would be any coach who would take the job on a year to year basis. I want us to win. I want us to win with the current staff. I believe we can do both. I'm a Tech fan, rain or shine. I'll be paying gas for 6 hours of riding to and from each game. Just no need to be doom and gloom 24/7. 158 days until kick-off, smile relax and enjoy the warm weather. When it comes to Hope about our football team, the Red's outnumber the Andy Dufrene's.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
How do you know it is an upgrade?(we just hope for that) I'm just saying my bet is they getting AT LEAST as much as the leaving coach risk" and then having to add a "risk" yr to entice them to come.
Do you watch our games? And if you do, do you know what you are watching?

With regard to the coach that is the subject of this thread, our receivers did not do a good job of getting separation. They also lost more than their share of 50-50 balls, usually because they weren't physical enough.

And if you don't believe me, go find a recording of a game that was on an ESPN channel in 2020 where the color guy made several comments about the poor play of our WR. NC State game?

Do I know that Alexander is an upgrade? No, but I can't see how he won't be. Same with the other offensive coaching changes, except Choice, but that's an exceptional situation. And the players seem to like the new RB coach.

So many people come on here to advertise their lack of knowledge about college football generally and the GT program particularly. It's amazing to me, but I guess there is comfort in the blind leading the blind. This Board is still better than From the Rumble Seat, where the 3 guys who do the mailbag aren't GT football fans. Our fan base is--pretty bad. Accusing Collins of causing the war in Ukraine makes about as much sense as a lot of the comments.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

With regard to the coach that is the subject of this thread, our receivers did not do a good job of getting separation. They also lost more than their share of 50-50 balls, usually because they weren't physical enough.

And if you don't believe me, go find a recording of a game that was on an ESPN channel in 2020 where the color guy made several comments about the poor play of our WR. NC State game?

Do I know that Alexander is an upgrade? No, but I can't see how he won't be. Same with the other offensive coaching changes, except Choice, but that's an exceptional situation. And the players seem to like the new RB coach.

So many people come on here to advertise their lack of knowledge about college football generally and the GT program particularly. It's amazing to me, but I guess there is comfort in the blind leading the blind. This Board is still better than From the Rumble Seat, where the 3 guys who do the mailbag aren't GT football fans. Our fan base is--pretty bad. Accusing Collins of causing the war in Ukraine makes about as much sense as a lot of the comments.

Agreed on that point. I wasn’t as big a Dixon fan as some.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer

That a boy Billy D, agree with you 100%, glad I do not work for some of these people and their decision making, none of them have any sense of reality so you cannot even have an intelligent conversation. Putting a great staff together when you are not going to have the type players that great staffs want to coach for at least 4 years just ain't happening, we've now worked through a lot of the players we were left with and can start improving things IMO. We were left with enormous numbers of young players in the trenches both sides of the ball that were never going to fit with where we are trying to go. What CGC faced seems to be similar to what Bobby Ross faced in his early years at GT although I was not around at the time. We do not run off players, we see that they get a GT degree. We will have staff turnover in coming years. IMO we need to stop the "CGC gone next year stuff", it helps nothing.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

There was plenty enough separation to complete passes, if only we had a QB who could get the ball to them in time. Don't know why you can't see that.
Compared to the rest of the team, the only position on offense or defense that performed better than our receivers was running back.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Wow, one game two years ago. And how do you know the "poor play" (according to one color guy) is the fault of the coach in this one game? Well that proves it right there. 🙄

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
There was plenty enough separation to complete passes, if only we had a QB who could get the ball to them in time. Don't know why you can't see that.
Compared to the rest of the team, the only position on offense or defense that performed better than our receivers was running back.

What? Our was have been amazingly underwhelming under Dixon. Little separation and very little fighting for the ball.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What? Our was have been amazingly underwhelming under Dixon. Little separation and very little fighting for the ball.
There was separation until the D-backs caught up because the passes arrived late in many cases. I saw plenty of excellent catches by our receivers.
I'm sure examples can be produced of the opposite, but on the whole, they performed well - certainly better than their QB.