WR Coach Dixon to the Ravens

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
The more we see coaches leaving Tech for other openings, the more I think that this season will be the last for Collins. Someone is setting Tech up for a major coaching shakeup!
I wonder if this staff will remain relatively intact if there is a change at the top. I think all that have come aboard know the potential for the end of next year.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
yeah i couldn’t believe it when clemson hired a WR coach that was an OC for half a season. that was so crazy i bet that will never work out for them!

collins is getting paid in the middle of the road for the acc, and would be bottom
of the SEC in pay. what about tech football at any point in the last 20 years makes you think we’re gonna spend the money to hire guys like you mentioned?

also to dismiss chip long as just the tulane OC after he was a in the running for assistant of the year at notre dame is short selling him lol
If we can't compete with Duke and UVA in coaching hires going forward then we need to go the Vandy route and pretty much give up on football while diverting funds elsewhere. Hire whoever you want as HC at that point because nobody will be paying attention anyways. I don't think we have fallen to that level quite yet.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I wonder if this staff will remain relatively intact if there is a change at the top. I think all that have come aboard know the potential for the end of next year.

As far as the "coaching" positions go I highly doubt it. If CGC goes, then I would think the new HC cleans house to disassociate himself from any part of this regime. Some of the support personnel brought on are likely to stay.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
As far as the "coaching" positions go I highly doubt it. If CGC goes, then I would think the new HC cleans house to disassociate himself from any part of this regime. Some of the support personnel brought on are likely to stay.
I agree under ordinary circumstances. I'm not so sure in this instance. I hope we don't have to find out (I know others hope we do). That's not a vote of confidence, but a vote of support. I hope this year shows dramatic improvement.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Can we entice Megatron to come coach receivers? I know he has no experience but it could be a recruiting boost. Not like we are going to be completing a ton of passes behind our o-line anyways

Attachments

• B7558299-5616-41AD-B401-86F6F6E7FC0B.png
    B7558299-5616-41AD-B401-86F6F6E7FC0B.png
    594.3 KB · Views: 124
  • BC84B5E0-1707-4D8A-9AC4-2B59AE997963.png
    BC84B5E0-1707-4D8A-9AC4-2B59AE997963.png
    618.8 KB · Views: 124

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I agree under ordinary circumstances. I'm not so sure in this instance. I hope we don't have to find out (I know others hope we do). That's not a vote of confidence, but a vote of support. I hope this year shows dramatic improvement.
If it does, then some of the new kids will stay. Letting all of Paul's staff go didn't work out so well and we can hope that the lesson is learned. If Collins goes, that is.

But I'm guessing that they'll all go because I doubt sincerely that a raft of new coaches can make that big a difference in a single year. A couple of more wins, maybe. But I don't think that will change the picture for Collins. Nothing but a winning record and a bowl game will do that. I think another 3 - 4 win season is more likely, unfortunately. As usual, I hope I'm wrong,

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Obviously smart assistants are not seeing the leadership at the top develop like they thought when they were first hired. CGC is all sizzle, but no steak.
My money is on CL to be the next HC before the start of 2023 season.
Or, now this is a wild thought, he got a job offer from the professional ranks, which looks darn good no matter where you plan on coaching in the future.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about that. There is a reason that the assistants have 2 year contracts.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Can we entice Megatron to come coach receivers? I know he has no experience but it could be a recruiting boost. Not like we are going to be completing a ton of passes behind our o-line anyways

Calvin can't coach until he has a degree. I'm not sure where he is at on finishing that up he was definitely doing it until he got sidetracked by some things.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Doubt it. Would be a paycut from whatever venture he probably has going on, whatever it is. And it's an absolute grind. Who knows if he would even be good at it.

JacketFan137

Banned
Or, now this is a wild thought, he got a job offer from the professional ranks, which looks darn good no matter where you plan on coaching in the future.
exactly lol people try to make something out of nothing. assistants are almost never looking to be assistants. they’re always trying to move up

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I see this a little different, seems to me we just eliminated a duplicate recruiting situation that was not needed, with Kenyatta Sr. and all his recruiting abilities in FL we now open up something else and end up actually adding to our situation. Need to see what we end up doing with Dixon's replacement to know what I'm saying is actually how it all works out. I actually like a lot of the changes we have made, time will tell. No I did not like losing Choice, but we were never going to stop that, think that move was inevitable.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I see this a little different, seems to me we just eliminated a duplicate recruiting situation that was not needed, with Kenyatta Sr. and all his recruiting abilities in FL we now open up something else and end up actually adding to our situation. Need to see what we end up doing with Dixon's replacement to know what I'm saying is actually how it all works out. I actually like a lot of the changes we have made, time will tell. No I did not like losing Choice, but we were never going to stop that, think that move was inevitable.
I believe KWsr is primarily known for his recruiting connections in GA, not FL.