WR Coach Dixon to the Ravens

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Great. The last decent coach we had left from the ones Collins brought in.
And he's going there as a QB coach? I wonder if he could have been better used here in that capacity. QB/Receivers. Oh well...

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
this happens so randomly and out of nowhere and somehow people still think it’s impossible that chip long could be our next coach
It’s not impossible but I’m not sure what it says about our program if Miami is taking Oregon’s head coach, VT is taking Penn State’s DC, UVA is taking Clemsons OC, Duke is taking A&Ms DC, and we go after Tulane’s OC for some reason. Happy for Dixon for a well deserved promotion but I don’t think it is all that comparable to the multi million dollar decision of hiring a HC.

slugboy

Staff member
Is this a coaching position or assistant to an assistant coach?
He’s an assistant to a position coach. Here’s Baltimore’s coaching roster. A lot of the names should look really familiar to anyone who has followed Tech football for a while.
From my comfortable spot behind an iPad, it's hard to give a really clear answer. It seems like a "learn from an NFL offensive coach for a short while" position. It also seems like "Kerry's a good sharp guy, an up-and-comer, and let's find a spot for him while we figure out where to put him" position. From there, it's either a move to a better/bigger college job or a better/bigger NFL job.
(The Ravens also seem less screwed up than the Falcons, so there’s that)

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
As a Ravens fan, I naturally think very highly of the organization. I think @slugboy is right about them viewing him as an "up-and-comer." In fact, the new DC had been brought up in the Ravens organization and brought back home. Mike McDonald spent years as an assistant and position coach before going to Michigan as DC.

JacketFan137

Banned
It’s not impossible but I’m not sure what it says about our program if Miami is taking Oregon’s head coach, VT is taking Penn State’s DC, UVA is taking Clemsons OC, Duke is taking A&Ms DC, and we go after Tulane’s OC for some reason. Happy for Dixon for a well deserved promotion but I don’t think it is all that comparable to the multi million dollar decision of hiring a HC.
yeah i couldn’t believe it when clemson hired a WR coach that was an OC for half a season. that was so crazy i bet that will never work out for them!

collins is getting paid in the middle of the road for the acc, and would be bottom
of the SEC in pay. what about tech football at any point in the last 20 years makes you think we’re gonna spend the money to hire guys like you mentioned?

also to dismiss chip long as just the tulane OC after he was a in the running for assistant of the year at notre dame is short selling him lol

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
JUST THINK HOW MANY WILL LEAVE WHEN WE WIN WHILE PAYING THE LOWEST SALARY!

SHOULD THEY STAY BECAUSE WE ARE BUILDING THEM NEW OFFICES.

GO JACKETS.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
JUST THINK HOW MANY WILL LEAVE WHEN WE WIN WHILE PAYING THE LOWEST SALARY!

SHOULD THEY STAY BECAUSE WE ARE BUILDING THEM NEW OFFICES.

GO JACKETS.

and switching to decaf.....

Attachments

• breakfast-of-champions.gif
    breakfast-of-champions.gif
    96 KB · Views: 14

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
The more we see coaches leaving Tech for other openings, the more I think that this season will be the last for Collins. Someone is setting Tech up for a major coaching shakeup!