Would we really be that bad

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I have not heard anything about Lee transferring, however, I would not blame him if he did. A player who wants a chance at the pros wants to show he can perform in the right situation. However, sitting out at year would probably be detrimental, so if he ever decided to transfer, it would probably be to a lesser school. Yes, Duke could be an option with Cutler as his coach, but Boone would be ahead of him from the git-go, so a lesser school would be a better fit. The pros don't care where you play as long as you can prove you can excel and have the required tools.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Then take Vad out of the equation and think about it with a new QB. Boomer is right. If we were to go to a shotgun-oriented spread similar to what Auburn runs, the personnel requirements aren't that much different from what we have. We wouldn't need as many A-backs, so we would have to recruit more WR's. Other than that, the biggest difference would be our OL would need to be taught to zone block rather than so much cut blocking.
Said it long time ago........go to the spread and lets see what we can do...been noticing the height and speed of our wide outs and we have enough beef to run the football and with a good qb coach Lee should be able to throw.Tell you one thing........it would liven the place up and I think many kids would get excited to see the ball in the air etc.I personally like Spurrier and his offense but he has hosses.The blocking scheme is not that different and man it would break the run the dive ,run the pitch,throw and punt.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, all the great coaches had great teams, and most of them coached at several schools and won at all of them. Maybe, the last good team at Kentucky was when Bear Bryant coached there. Then, he went to Texas A&M and they became a winner. He then went to Alabama, and the rest is history. Ara Parsegian of Notre Dame was the same. He won big at a small school, then went to Northwestern which then became a winner, then on to Notre Dame, and the rest is history. These type of coaches always win regardless of the school where they coach. Duke had good teams when Wallace Wade was their coach, then Spurrier made Duke a winner while he was there, and of course beat Tech. Then, he went on to Florida and South Carolina, and the rest is history up to the present. Saban was a winner at each school where he coached beginning at a small school. This type of thing is history and repeated over and over with the good coaches.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Then you have Frank Beamer who was 42-23-2 at Murray State the followed Boll Dooley at VT. But did you know that Beamer was 24-40-1 in his first six years there? And that was after Dooley went 9-2-1 his last year. If Beamer had done that is the 2000s he'd never made it past year 4 most likely.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Keep and eye on Boise State since Peterson has left, then also keep an eye on Washington while Peterson is there. Peterson did not have the recruiting base of GT, yet his percentage is outstanding at Boise State. I predict he will excel at Washington and attract a lot of good atheletes because of his winning ways. I predict Washington will be in the hunt for the Pacific Coast Champion in the next few years.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Well Vad may go but doubt it....after all he now the starting qb for Tech and unless JT gets his job he will be the starter next year.He is freinds with Cutcliff but to sit a year and then come back wou;ld be tough.I say he sticks it out.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
After next yr,this discussion will be moot probably because we will be switching to the new coaches OFF.

Vad would not be released to a ACC school

You are right.

But I think this is a crappy policy.

We/CPJ/GT FB "received" a player from Maryland, when they were still an ACC member.

IF we can receive a player from an ACC school, even with the NCAA "hardship" rules, then we should be big enough and man enough to allow one of our players to transfer to another ACC school, if he feels that will improve himself in any way.

Charles Kelly moved within the conference to FSU, why can't the poor black athletes that don't have the fancy lawyers do the same?

I already know about NCAA "rules" and ACC technicalities.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
We were doing this out of the diamond and then we just stopped...
i never saw any read option plays maybe i missed it though, and maybe i'm not calling it the right thing, but where the quarterback holds the ball in the halfbacks gut and they run together for a couple steps and then he gives or keeps based on read. that play kills