Word on the street

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Honestly I have no idea if we will still do the honorary captain thing, or who makes those choices if we do.

I knew it was a W/O game - was just trying some gigging.

I really do, however, think this is the Perfect time for a W/O vs later in the year. Sign of human intelligence at the Institute?

NOW, all that being said, I personally have not seen a single game on tv today where the O (when inside the 10) did not run from the shotgun. There must have been an under center snap somewhere, but I didn’t see it.

And the QBs were able to get the ball to the back quicker, and when the QB ran he was better able to see the field and react quicker, and on throws he had more time to see and hit his receivers.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I like Oregon ducks offense maybe we can do that. Quick passing attack mixing in the run destroying an auburn defensive front that is highly touted. The SEC supposed to be big and tough they don’t look it to me.
If we get that offense plus what looks to be (I know way premature) a great defense, well the question each year will not be how many wins do we have to get to be in the Top 25, we’ll be solidly cemented somewhere between #10 & 20 with a shot to play for all the **** at the end of the year on occasion.

I think it would be great too, but TStan knows the fanbase is divided.
Surely the fanbase is not so divided as to not being willing to honor our former coach. If they are, then we have worse fans than I imagined. I didn't like Chan, but I would never have opposed honoring him at some game, although not the year after he was fired...LOL Since CPJ retired and was not fired, this year is as good as any, and why not the home opener?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Surely the fanbase is not so divided as to not being willing to honor our former coach. If they are, then we have worse fans than I imagined. I didn't like Chan, but I would never have opposed honoring him at some game, although not the year after he was fired...LOL Since CPJ retired and was not fired, this year is as good as any, and why not the home opener?

CGCs plan for building the program is to get as far away from CPJs way as possible. Not all coaching changes are like that. It isn't personal or disrespectful, but let's just say it would be a tad awkward at this point. In a few years, after CGC has some success under his belt and people are willing to look back at the CPJ years unemotionally, go for it.

CGCs plan for building the program is to get as far away from CPJs way as possible. Not all coaching changes are like that. It isn't personal or disrespectful, but let's just say it would be a tad awkward at this point. In a few years, after CGC has some success under his belt and people are willing to look back at the CPJ years unemotionally, go for it.
I tend to disagree on when to honor him. Do it now, and it's all taken care of and over with.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
I like Oregon ducks offense maybe we can do that. Quick passing attack mixing in the run destroying an auburn defensive front that is highly touted. The SEC supposed to be big and tough they don’t look it to me.
They had less then 20 rushing yards in 2nd half it’s a no from me. I like the Offense we ran we just need a Legit passing threat.