Word on the street by the Boys in the know

sportingatl

Georgia Tech Fan
Another rumor on the street is that students will be allowed a +1 due to low expected student attendance caused by fall break.

Treb1982

Jolly Good Fellow
Duke and wake have both refused to wear colored jersies in the past. One I remember with wake grobe didn't want to wear black on hot *** September noon game.

Tech has worn white and Duke has worn blue in 2008, 2010, and 2012. I think Wake and NC State were the only teams to make us wear dark jerseys at home.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
Tech has worn white and Duke has worn blue in 2008, 2010, and 2012. I think Wake and NC State were the only teams to make us wear dark jerseys at home.

The Coach K. wannabe whiny coach of the gidiron (Coach Cutcliff) may have decided that us wearing white against them has been lucky for us and bad luck for them and he's looking for anything to try to break their losing spell, thinking it will throw us off our game if we can't wear white. Perhaps he thinks that we need the white uniforms to assist our offense in executing effectively. Perhaps he thinks we play better in white because they reflect the heat better than dark uniforms and that's why we've been winning at home.

Whatever the reason, I hope our coaches and players get a huge laugh out of it and rally behind it; use it as further incentive to blow those SOB's out.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
How on earth can Duke make us wear something when we're the home team?
NCAA rules require home teams to where the dark version of their jerseys and for the away team to where white. If the home team receives permission from the away team, it can be reversed. We usually get permission to where white at home, but some coaches are a-holes. Very few teams prefer to where white at home, I think us and LSU and maybe a couple others.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
There's actually a new rule where both teams can wear dark colors as long as they're distinguishable. I seem to recall the reasoning being that the dark/white scheme had to do with black and white TV's back in @Eric 's day.

Animal02

Banned
NCAA rules require home teams to where the dark version of their jerseys and for the away team to where white. If the home team receives permission from the away team, it can be reversed. We usually get permission to where white at home, but some coaches are a-holes. Very few teams prefer to where white at home, I think us and LSU and maybe a couple others.
Correct......from the NCAA memo....

Jersey Color—Home Team
a. The home team must wear colored jerseys. White jerseys are allowed
for the home team only if the two teams have agreed in writing before
the season.
b. The home team jersey must be of such a color that it clearly and
unquestionably is in distinct contrast with the white jersey worn by the
visiting team. Jerseys that are gray or light yellow, for example, are very likely not to
comply with this rule.

2. Jersey Color—Visiting Team
a. The visiting team must wear white jerseys.
Exceptions:
(1) The visiting team has agreed in writing before the season that the home team
may where white jerseys (I-a above). In this case, the visitor must wear its
colored jerseys.
(2) The teams have agreed in writing before the season that both teams will wear
colored jerseys. In this case, the conference of the home team must certify that
the visiting team’s jersey is of a contrasting color. If at the start of each half
the visiting team is wearing a colored jersey without having met these
conditions, there will be a 15-yard penalty on each opening kickoff for
unsportsmanlike conduct.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/MEMO_Uniform_Rules_05222014.pdf