Wondering if anyone saw this?

Stinger21

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey guys,
I have only posted here a couple of times but I read these threads all the time! I was at the Miami game this past weekend and boy was it a great atmosphere at BDS. I love the direction the team is headed in and think we are in for a special season. I was wondering if anyone saw Joey Galloway's prediction for the playoff....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 497

dubjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Thanks for posting. Didn't see this but I would guess the CPJ haters would go away if this became reality!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Hey guys,
I have only posted here a couple of times but I read these threads all the time! I was at the Miami game this past weekend and boy was it a great atmosphere at BDS. I love the direction the team is headed in and think we are in for a special season. I was wondering if anyone saw Joey Galloway's prediction for the playoff....

Yeah, but ESPN is nothing but an SEC homering network that employs nothing but stupid idiots who have no clue about football. Don't you go posting any foolishness that disputes that!

GTJoeBrew

Helluva Engineer
Awesome! #1 seed too! That would be awesome. Did he explain his prediction? I bet the geniuses at ESPN that don't wan't GT mentioned at all in there shows were not happy about that.

Stinger21

Jolly Good Fellow
I wasn't able to hear and explanation, I only saw the prediction. Not only do I love the fact that we are the number 1 seed in his prediction, I'm digging the fact that he decided to do it on ESPN! He's an OSU guy so I'm sure the SEC isn't his favorite conference either.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Don't think ESPN has an agenda against us. They jump on what is hot...that's the SEC right now. My problem with them is lack of football knowledge their analysts have. Former player analysts have the knowledge but most seem to have played in the SEC and are homo for SEC. The other jocks seem to mostly buy in to the hate option football group. The result of all of the above is general lack of coverage OR understanding of our offensive system.

Stinger21

Jolly Good Fellow
Just have to take it one game at a time. I think if we can continue to get better on both sides of the ball, we will be a handful in November. Do that and get a couple lucky bounces, never know where we can end up.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
When ESPN and other sports media outlets say garbage like, "College football needs Notre Dame to be good, or college football is better when Big State School U is relevant," what they really mean is "We need the schools with the most fans to be good, so they'll watch the games and watch our other programming. If enough people aren't watching the games, our advertising sponsors won't be happy." This is why they don't get too giddy when lil ole Tech and its piddling fanbase are winning. It's not about athletic competition. It's about $$$$$$.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I doubt it was a joke, espn probably made him change it and say it was. They can't have someone going against the "best conference" SEC and all their leg humping fans.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He tweeted that he was joking.
Must have been an inside joke. I sure don't get how that is funny. I was just thinking to myself this morning how awesome it would be for GT to play Auburn in a playoff game that could potentially see less than a dozen forward passes.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is an interesting fact that may suggest we could be headed for something special:

Starting in 1918 and every 24 years after that, Tech has had a great season of football. Each started out 5-0 at worst and ended with only one loss or tie.
1918: 6 - 1 - 0
1942: 9 - 1 - 0
1966: 9 - 1 - 0
1990: 11 - 0 - 1
Projected 2014: 11 - 1 - 0

AND, I agree, one game at a time - let's take care of the Dukies!

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Here is an interesting fact that may suggest we could be headed for something special:

Starting in 1918 and every 24 years after that, Tech has had a great season of football. Each started out 5-0 at worst and ended with only one loss or tie.
1918: 6 - 1 - 0
1942: 9 - 1 - 0
1966: 9 - 1 - 0
1990: 11 - 0 - 1
Projected 2014: 11 - 1 - 0

AND, I agree, one game at a time - let's take care of the Dukies!
That's not possible.

We are going 15-0!