1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Wondering if anyone saw this?

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Stinger21, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Stinger21

Stinger21 Jolly Good Fellow

Hey guys,
    I have only posted here a couple of times but I read these threads all the time! I was at the Miami game this past weekend and boy was it a great atmosphere at BDS. I love the direction the team is headed in and think we are in for a special season. I was wondering if anyone saw Joey Galloway's prediction for the playoff....

Attached Files:

Youngjacket, RMathis13, GTMom and 2 others like this.
  2. dubjacket

dubjacket Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks for posting. Didn't see this but I would guess the CPJ haters would go away if this became reality!

3. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Yeah, but ESPN is nothing but an SEC homering network that employs nothing but stupid idiots who have no clue about football. Don't you go posting any foolishness that disputes that!

ybeenormal and dubjacket like this.
  4. GTJoeBrew

GTJoeBrew Helluva Engineer

Awesome! #1 seed too! That would be awesome. Did he explain his prediction? I bet the geniuses at ESPN that don't wan't GT mentioned at all in there shows were not happy about that.

jackette likes this.
  5. Stinger21

I wasn't able to hear and explanation, I only saw the prediction. Not only do I love the fact that we are the number 1 seed in his prediction, I'm digging the fact that he decided to do it on ESPN! He's an OSU guy so I'm sure the SEC isn't his favorite conference either.

6. GTOXAN2K11

GTOXAN2K11 Jolly Good Fellow

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Still have to find a way to beat clempson and ug[sic]a... Lots of football left to play.

Having said that... I would love to be in the playoff!

yellojello and GTech63 like this.
  7. thwgjacket

thwgjacket Guest

Joey G digging the TO. I like it.

8. GTJoeBrew

I wouldn't even look past duke. Win one at a time fellas.

GT Man, ClydeBrick, jwsavhGT and 8 others like this.
  9. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

Don't think ESPN has an agenda against us. They jump on what is hot...that's the SEC right now. My problem with them is lack of football knowledge their analysts have. Former player analysts have the knowledge but most seem to have played in the SEC and are homo for SEC. The other jocks seem to mostly buy in to the hate option football group. The result of all of the above is general lack of coverage OR understanding of our offensive system.

Stinger21 likes this.
  10. Stinger21

Just have to take it one game at a time. I think if we can continue to get better on both sides of the ball, we will be a handful in November. Do that and get a couple lucky bounces, never know where we can end up.

vamosjackets and GTech63 like this.
  11. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

He tweeted that he was joking.

12. pauley_GT

pauley_GT Jolly Good Fellow

I was watching this live. They cut the broadcast after this came up and said they were having technical difficulties. GT at #1 broke ESPN.

13. Madison Grant

Madison Grant Helluva Engineer

When ESPN and other sports media outlets say garbage like, "College football needs Notre Dame to be good, or college football is better when Big State School U is relevant," what they really mean is "We need the schools with the most fans to be good, so they'll watch the games and watch our other programming. If enough people aren't watching the games, our advertising sponsors won't be happy." This is why they don't get too giddy when lil ole Tech and its piddling fanbase are winning. It's not about athletic competition. It's about $$$$$$.

14. GTJoeBrew

Not cool

15. Ash

Ash Helluva Engineer

Post that up in the locker room. This team needs to stay motivated.

jackette, Yoda and GTech63 like this.
  16. ChasonBaller

ChasonBaller on Pastner Polo watch Staff Member

I doubt it was a joke, espn probably made him change it and say it was. They can't have someone going against the "best conference" SEC and all their leg humping fans.

vamosjackets likes this.
  17. presjacket

presjacket Helluva Engineer

Must have been an inside joke. I sure don't get how that is funny. I was just thinking to myself this morning how awesome it would be for GT to play Auburn in a playoff game that could potentially see less than a dozen forward passes.

18. COJacket

COJacket Helluva Engineer

Here is an interesting fact that may suggest we could be headed for something special:

Starting in 1918 and every 24 years after that, Tech has had a great season of football. Each started out 5-0 at worst and ended with only one loss or tie.
    1918: 6 - 1 - 0
    1942: 9 - 1 - 0
    1966: 9 - 1 - 0
    1990: 11 - 0 - 1
    Projected 2014: 11 - 1 - 0

AND, I agree, one game at a time - let's take care of the Dukies!

19. cyptomcat

cyptomcat Helluva Engineer

That's not possible.

We are going 15-0!

20. COJacket

COJacket Helluva Engineer