Women's Basketball Update

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

Maybe two victories over ACC bottom-feeders Clemson and BC will give the girls confidence when they go up to play at number 5 Notre Dame tomorrow.

I noticed that we are (going from memory) starting 2 freshman and 1 sophomore. Last year's recruiting class was very good and this current one is even better. So we will still be young next year, but I think we're pretty close to getting into the top 15-20. It may take until 2019-20, but I get the sense we will be close next year.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Georgia Tech’s O’Neil has come off the bench in 28 of the Yellow Jackets’ 29 games, but she ranks second on the team in scoring (9.9 ppg) and in rebounding (5.2 rpg). The 5-11 forward from Newark, New Jersey, is shooting .502 from the floor to rank 14th in the conference.

O’Neil, who has played an average of 20.2 minutes per game, has also made her presence felt defensively with 20 blocked shots and 23 steals.

image_handler.aspx

Deleted member 2897

Poor Women's basketball lost a heart breaker to Virginia last night in the ACC Tournament. We were the #10 seed, they are the #7 seed. We lead by 8 going into the 4th quarter, but UVA outscored us 20-10 in the final frame to win by 2 in the end late. Its a very frustrating quarter by quarter line:
GT: 18-16-14-10
UVA: 16-13-11-20

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Poor Women's basketball lost a heart breaker to Virginia last night in the ACC Tournament. We were the #10 seed, they are the #7 seed. We lead by 8 going into the 4th quarter, but UVA outscored us 20-10 in the final frame to win by 2 in the end late. Its a very frustrating quarter by quarter line:
GT: 18-16-14-10
UVA: 16-13-11-20
Yes, it was a tough game to watch, we would get out in front and they would battle right back. I saw some questionable calls, late, that probably cost us momentum, in not the game. One I know of was the Offensive Charge with around 1:00 min left in regulation. IMO that was the killer call right there. Coach Joseph was HOTTTTT. I saw the look of the devil in her eyes..... She might be scarier than Paul Johnson.

Deleted member 2897

.....another WNIT appearance on the horizon.

Even though we’ve had some top 10 recruiting classes, this ‘18 bunch might be our best. Two 5*, One 4*, Two very highly underrated 3*!!

2 wins away from another 20 win season for Coach. The most any other coach at Tech has ever had was 2. This would be CMJs 10th 20-win season...and 10th in the last 12 years.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
That offensive charge call with less than a minute was without a doubt the worst call I have seen in a while. The defensive player was clearly moving toward our player and had not established position. They reviewed it to see if they were in the protected area and the refs must have seen how badly they missed that one. It was just too obvious on the tv replays. It was about a bad a call as I have seen in a while. We should have been shooting 2 with the clock stopped.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Can’t defend the dissatisfaction of the A.C.C. record, the 13 losses(which have included games that could have gone the other way, just like a few other recent seasons)and the continual lineup shuffle trying to find a consistent combination.....however, this next group coming in, is really filled with talent. I thought D. Jefferson would have been with Fletcher on the all-Frosh. team, if she was healthy. The p-o-t-year in Va., as Kierra was for Michigan, in H.S.

Looks like WNIT for March, but next year the priority needs to be an NCAA birth.

Lineup in ‘18-‘19? Fletcher, Pan, Jefferson, Balogun and Dixon. A potentially deep bench if no transfers: Scott, Pugh, the other two international SA’s, Carson, D’Asia Gregg, Cummings, Fortune, Diouf

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
WNIT bid is CMJs 5th straight post-season appearance, 11th in 15 years. Bethune-Cookman is the first round opponent on Mar. 15.
—————————————————————————-