Women's Basketball Update

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Baylor loss won’t hurt any RPI’s.......they have a strong team. Mutts got us by 7 on the road, need to win there some day!

We lost by 11 at Syr. tonight, after leading 19-8 by 11 early on.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Interesting how national that is. No recruits from the state of Georgia, and wide swath of states covered at all schools.

Could this be a combination of theses talented young ladies having lack of interest in the majors we offer along with some not meeting admission requirements?

Deleted member 2897

Its been a tough run since they obliterated Clemson 66-33. They've lost 4 straight. But 3 were on the road and the home game was against #5 Notre Dame. Still, that's an ouchie.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It is tough to recruit Ga.
I recall running into a recruit at Zelnak Center with her mother. She wanted to be a veterinarian. The pitch was to get her undergraduate here and the procedure to proceed after that....they ended up choosing a school with a direct path that has a medical college.

Only ACC school to have two this year in WBB.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

Lost another close one last night - on the road at Virginia Tech when we were leading in the 4th quarter. Tough stretch...

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Seems like the results don't live up to the recruiting level. Sign a lot of highly rated players but never seem to be better than decent. The recruits from Europe have been a waste of time. I guess one of them has "Panned" out.

Deleted member 2897

Seems like the results don't live up to the recruiting level. Sign a lot of highly rated players but never seem to be better than decent. The recruits from Europe have been a waste of time. I guess one of them has "Panned" out.

Well, here are the recruiting rankings where Georgia Tech Women finished the last few years nationally (unranked means outside the top 25):
2014: Unranked
2015: Unranked
2016: Unranked
2017: #12 (currently freshmen)
2018: #10 (will be on campus next year)

So I'd say lets see where we are in the next 2 years.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, here are the recruiting rankings where Georgia Tech Women finished the last few years nationally (unranked means outside the top 25):
2014: Unranked
2015: Unranked
2016: Unranked
2017: #12 (currently freshmen)
2018: #10 (will be on campus next year)

So I'd say lets see where we are in the next 2 years.
I'm glad to see recruiting has picked up. Hopefully, this equates to more success. "unranked" doesn't say much about the level of recruiting except that it is not top 25. I just feel that outside of a few exceptions such as the NIT run last year, that the team has underperformed. CMJ seems to be a better recruiter than game coach. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't follow the program as closely as some. I watch the few televised games and follow the scores and recaps.

Deleted member 2897

I'm glad to see recruiting has picked up. Hopefully, this equates to more success. "unranked" doesn't say much about the level of recruiting except that it is not top 25. I just feel that outside of a few exceptions such as the NIT run last year, that the team has underperformed. CMJ seems to be a better recruiter than game coach. Please correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't follow the program as closely as some. I watch the few televised games and follow the scores and recaps.

I don't follow it all that closely either. But I do know that CMJ has like thrice as many 20 win seasons as all the other coaches we've had combined.

Deleted member 2897

Lady Jackets lost another tough game again yesterday by 6 points. Despite Virginia having 26 (not a typo) turnovers to our 12. We took 72 shots from the field, compared to 41 for Virginia. Again, not a typo - I mean, that is an amazing difference. But we couldn't hit anything. We've now sadly lost 6 of our last 7 games, 3 of the last 4 - and all 3 of those were by only 6 points.

Going through the box score, nobody could hit - we couldn't find anybody to get going. Here are the shooting percentages: 6-22, 5-12, 3-9, 2-5, 2-5, 2-6, 2-9, 0-1, 0-1, 0-2. Virginia had 6 difference players shoot 50% or greater from the field.