WOLF AT THE DOOR

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I still basically agree with my post last night, but when it comes down to it, I cant watch this game with my dawg friends. Here is what I texted this morning:
"Richard, thanks for invite for tonite but we going to pass. We always eat near 6:00, Tonia doesnt watch fotball, and I dont have a dog in this hunt. We going to cook steaks and watch Netflix.
Roll Tide!! [emoji4]"

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I think the Bama defense will be coming hard at Fromm from the first whistle. I would expect that they're even willing to give up some late hits etc. to smart to get in his head. I assume that their game plan is to: 1. Rattle Fromm 2. Stop the run game 3. Make Fromm's pocket collapse and force him to make hurried decisions 4. Embarrassing he Hell out of Kirby smart____ and send the flea bags home with their tails (nubs) between their legs.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if Eason is eligible for a medical redshirt since he has barely played this year post injury. I still believe he will transfer at the close of this season b/c I doubt he is ever #1 or even #2 back up QB next year. Wonder if he goes to the U with Richt or even UF depending on what transfer restrictions Kirby places on releasing him. Heck Kirby may not allow him to transfer within SEC

stech81

Helluva Engineer
How many of yall can not watch it, and also never look at the score on your phone etc. until it's over?
child-raising-hand.jpg

Deleted member 2897

I'm honestly surprised at some of the folks who are so stridently saying, "stop whining and get over it". I mean, don't get me wrong, I get it. We shouldn't be running around whining and complaining generally speaking. But I don't see anybody here saying we are envious or jealous of them because they are just better and we can't beat them. What people are complaining about is that these guys cheat, bend rules, and buy there way there. Did you read about Aaron Brule (whom we just offered):

He was offered by uGA, committed many months ago, and then right before signing day they told him they wouldn't accept his paperwork. While he was committed (and everyone else), they continue to try to out-recruit their own commits and then kick any to the curb that they can better.

Did you read this recently:
https://sports.yahoo.com/georgia-ne...ck-sabans-process-game-changer-050129185.html
uGA now has 70 employees just in recruiting and support staff. They employ 100+ people when you include all the coaches, assistant coaches, and so on. They spend $40 million a year MORE than we do. Yet their graduation rate after even 6 years is 41% - dead last in the worst conference in the country:
http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2017-11-10/uga-football-sec-s-lowest-ncaa-academic-report

They are throwing away all attempts to be an actual University. They are basically paying large amounts of money and driving over the top of kids both in recruiting and then once in school to gain even the most minuscule incremental advantage possible. And I won't even start on the 50+ arrests in the last 7 years. But suffice it to say that they don't care about the integrity of who they recruit and if they should even be in school (see 41%) - if it helps win a football game, they're good with it.

I have some very good friends that are uGA grads and I respect them and don't whine to them 24/7. I'm happy for them that their school is playing well. But I will never ever ever back down in pointing out to them or anybody else that their football program, culture, and ethics are all swimming in the deep end of the cesspool. And for me personally, that's why I speak up - all the paper and television media should not be bending over backwards essentially endorsing this type of behavior. It should be a "yea but". You have to cover it and report on it because it is major news. But you should be qualifying that with how they conduct themselves to get there.

So no, I will not back down in pointing out evil where I see it, in whatever form it is.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
How about someone who is great with photoshop get to work on super imposing Smart's face on some old glamour shots or something with laughing at.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
I wonder what the dawg nations tolerance for Kirby will be if/when their team implodes and looks inept after Bama's defense gets a hold and Fromm can't tell if he coming, going, or where he is from? Just how many death threats would Saban get if Fromm is injured and can't complete the game.
Honestly I hope Fromm can play entire game without injury and still lose.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
What is the alternative? Last i checked, WGST, isn't around anymore. I don't care for 680 either. I just don't see any alternative.

929 The Game is an option if we wanted to be aligned with a SportsTalk station. The currently have broadcast rights the Falcons and Hawks thus not sure if they are interested in college games.

WSB has the broadcast rights for UGA and that is the only sports property they have. Would another station in the metro market be interested in being our broadcast partner? Could they sell enough add revenue to help support it?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
929 The Game is an option if we wanted to be aligned with a SportsTalk station. The currently have broadcast rights the Falcons and Hawks thus not sure if they are interested in college games. Nope

WSB has the broadcast rights for UGA and that is the only sports property they have. Would another station in the metro market be interested in being our broadcast partner? No Could they sell enough add revenue to help support it? Not likely

Tech pushes the radio broadcasts online with gameday app. I’d love to see them livestream 4 or 5 camera views of the fields / courts in conjunction but that would probably cost too much and might hurt ticket sales.