Win Total Predictions

How many wins does Tech get this season?

• Total voters

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
In crazy acc win total is hard to figure.

Gt was predicted to be 3rd from bottom and because we had some cast off qb from TAM. He was predicted to be 3rd from bottom.
Well we and he are NEAR THE TOP OF THE ACC and rolling

We are in place to finish strong.
Guaranteed to at least finish .500 in conference play for the 2nd consecutive season. Haven’t done that since 2017-18.

Got a chance to finish 6-2 in conference play for the first time since 2014. Need a big time performance next week in Death Valley though

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I picked 7 and I am still sticking with it. At the very least we should beat Cuse and go to a bowl and have a good shot at winning the bowl. But I also think we have a better chance than I originally thought to beat Clemson. So we could end up with an 8 win season

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
My original prediction:

I voted 5, and I have consistently said we could win anywhere from 3-7 games this season. In order to win 6-7 games, we need some breaks to roll our way.

We've reached 5. We had some breaks go our way, and we've crapped the bed a couple of times as well. Six wins is now pretty much expected and 7 wins is achievable.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I picked 7 wins and I was ready to trash that prediction after the BC loss. Now it looks doable. Win one more game and make it to a bowl and we have a chance.

Tech feels competitive again and our long nightmare seems to be ending.

What I saw that I liked in the UVA game was that Tech played hard from the opening whistle. After Virginia scored quickly and early this could have gone differently. But Tech stayed intense and that intensity quickly wore down UVA.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8 Wins this season.
You crossed off too many. We will win the final 3 to end the regular season. Louisville will lose enough for us to make it to the ACC championship where we beat FSU. With our trajectory to finish the year, the playoff committee considers us one of the top 4 teams where we win out and claim a national championship. So that leaves us with 11 wins total for the year!

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
You crossed off too many. We will win the final 3 to end the regular season. Louisville will lose enough for us to make it to the ACC championship where we beat FSU. With our trajectory to finish the year, the playoff committee considers us one of the top 4 teams where we win out and claim a national championship. So that leaves us with 11 wins total for the year!
Cmon man, be realistic. We aren't getting in the playoff, so we'll have to settle for 10 wins.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I picked 6 at the start, and I’ll stick with it - though I definitely hope I’m low, and could see it being that way.

What’s interesting to me is how we’re getting there is dramatically different than I expected. In some ways maddeningly so, but in other ways very positive. Right now I feel the momentum, and am more positive on the team’s chances than I have been all season. After the past 2-4 weeks, I do feel like we can beat any team left on our schedule…but we can also easily lose to any of the teams, too.

This is how it should be. Glad Key and the team have gotten us back into contention like that - even though it hasn’t always been pretty , compared to the past 4 years it’s a huge breath of much-needed fresh air.

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
I was thinking 8 or 9 win’s depending on who we play in a bowl game. Goals change from week to week depending on what happens on the field game day. Today I’m hoping for 7 or 8 wins counting the bowl game. We lost some games I thought we would win, it happens lol

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I said 6 at the start of the season, I was not counting bowl games though so I may be right I still have a shot at being low if this team really has turned the corner.

Jacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
I keep thinking where we would be if we would could have beat the teams we should have beat and were leading...right now at 8 -1. If we can clean up a lot of mistakes and the defense can get better we can be a pretty good team next year.

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
I keep thinking where we would be if we would could have beat the teams we should have beat and were leading...right now at 8 -1. If we can clean up a lot of mistakes and the defense can get better we can be a pretty good team next year.
This year sorta reminds me of 1989. Anyone paying attention to Tech that year saw a talented, well coached team with a lot of potential. They also saw a team that struggled to win games early in the year, and coming off seasons of 2-9 & 3-8 had to learn how to win. By the end of the year that team was playing as well as anyone.

Beat Clemson and give Georgia a good, tight game and this team will be in good shape entering next year.

Also, if we can beat Clemson and Syracuse we will finish in at least a tie for 3rd place in a division-less ACC. That would be pretty darn impressive for Key's first full season as the HC.

Having said all that, I have probably jinxed us and we will get blown out by Clemson and Georgia, and be Syracuse's only ACC win this year :cautious:

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I picked 6 with 7, maybe 8, a stretch goal if things broke just right. Looks like 6 is a real possibility now. Could have been more, but the two W's against Miami and UNC took some breaks our way and kind of offset the two we blew. So, I look at it that we are indeed a 6-win program right now but trending up. Feels more like 1997 to me, having come off a 5-7 season with some good residual feelings, but still some struggles. It was 1998 when it all just seemed to meld together for us. Key was on those teams, so this has to feel like some kind of deja vu all over again or him.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I really hope we hit 6…. Another month of practice for our offense/defense and young guys for the bowl game will really establish us well for next year. It will really help jump changing the culture and improve our fundamentals even more.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Came here to say I’m so happy about being wrong. I picked 4. Kudos to all who went higher - and hopefully some of y’all made some cash on GT season win totals (either over 4 or 4.5 depending on whose line you got)!

We haven’t been a 2 TD underdog or less in Death Valley since 2015 by my review and hadn’t won there since 2008 when we were a 10.5 point underdog. (For younger fans we agreed to play them b2b times in Death Valley in 2012 and 2013 since our administration at the time was woefully inept).

I think we’ve got a real shot tomorrow but if we don’t succeed, I have a much higher level of confidence in next week’s game to make us bowl eligible for the first time since 2018.