Win Total Predictions

How many wins does Tech get this season?

• Total voters

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
We will have a winning season, so at least 6. I expect one more.

Don’t listen to pundits that do not dig into the team mechanics to see what we really have going on here. Too many dismiss our chances because of TFG that it seems they have no idea left and Key immediately responded with wins. Now he has had them all to himself for an offseason and I am expecting to shock Louisville. I will be surprised if we lose that one, so rattle off at least 5 more.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It's time to go on the record.
On the record? OK, I will hazard a guess of 5 with one caveat, if we beat Louisville, I think we can win 6. This game is really BIG for both teams. Louisville because they have a new coach, widely seen as the savior marching home to restore the Cardinals while Tech has its own home grown savior in Coach Key. Both of them want this game badly. It should be interesting.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Agree with this. We will lose one we shouldn't and win one we shouldn't.

I'd say the loss in the first group comes from UVA or Cuse.

Based on tiers:

Tier 3-
SCSU: W
Bowling Green: W
BC: W
Cuse: L
UVA:W

Tier 2-
Louisville: W
Wake: W
Miami: L
UNC: W

Tier 1-
Ole Miss: L
Clemson: L
uga: L

Giving GT 7 wins on the season. For me this is best case.

Below is worst case

Tier 3-
SCSU: W
Bowling Green: W
BC: W
Cuse: L
UVA: W

Tier 2-
Louisville: L
Wake: W
Miami: L
UNC: L

Tier 1-
Ole Miss: L
Clemson: L
uga: L

Worst case gives GT 5 wins. Basically saying we win 4 of the tier 3 games and only 1 of the tier 2.

We need to win at least 80% of the tier 3 games and 50% of the tier 2 games.
The worst case scenario seems more likely to me but a lot hinges on the Louisville game. With all the coming and going of the transfer portal it is hard to judge who is going to benefit and who are the losers. Personally, I think we will lose to both Miami and UNC which makes the Louisville and Wake games all the more important. If we have any aspirations of going to a bowl we cannot afford to lose any of the Tier 3 games, like NONE of them. Tier 1? No chance or slim at best in any of the three. IIWII

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
What I want to see is what Errin Joe states here:

"Just reestablishing what Tech is," Joe said about Key's mission. "Toughness, discipline, commitment, execution – the things that (Key) got when he was a player here. Old-school football. Teams are going to be saying, 'Hey, we don't want to play Tech because we know they play hard. And those kids are smart, and they give everything they got."

Thinking between 4-7 wins and going with 6 if we stay reasonably healthy. Figuring we are a little better in the trenches than we are getting credit for. But mostly want to see team that brings it.
Erin Joe knows what he is talking about. Listen to the man. "Toughness, discipline, commitment, execution" those things will win a lot of football games. He should know having played for Coach Johnson.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Are you mistaking “no set QB” for ~hard choice between two good QB’s~?
Not trying to be rude but in case you didn’t know, there is one set as starter, Haynes King
True enough...until he throws that first interception. How will he handle that bit of adversity? Will the ghosts of A&M begin to creep into his confidence? A lot of people, starting with his old coach, Jimbo Fisher doubt his mental toughness. Here is the perfect opportunity to prove them wrong.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
True enough...until he throws that first interception. How will he handle that bit of adversity? Will the ghosts of A&M begin to creep into his confidence? A lot of people, starting with his old coach, Jimbo Fisher doubt his mental toughness. Here is the perfect opportunity to prove them wrong.
Jimbo is on a hot seat, so he's gotta do something different.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
4-8 is most likely based on stats… it would be nice to be wrong and see us string together multiple upsets and take care of business when favored.

2 wins between SCST, BG, Old Piss, Clempson, and the Dwags… the chances of losing one of the obvious wins are about the same of winning one of the unlikely games in these five.

2 wins in the remaining seven match-ups. We’re slightly favored in two of them: UVA and BC. At UVA has historically been a horror show as has GT being a favorite of any sort over the past few seasons.